Twitch.tv

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Doc was under some form of contract to "work" for Twitch, and then they perma banned without giving him the reason for doing so. I would think that Twitch would be have to tell Doc exactly why they banned him, right?
Our Corporate Overlords can do whatever they feel like as long as they are properly woke. Welcome to 2020.

Oldbased

> Than U
it's 2020. It is a time where the internet fucking matters

Drink more
It reminds me of the 90s when people who didn't have a computer yet said people with one were antisocial even though those with a computer communicated with more people and more variety than those without ever could.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
If the move to a service from China is accurate, then I seriously wonder what they will do in terms of censorship? If he plays any of the shooters where you have the proximity mic, it will take a whole of minutes, not hours, for people to find him in game and yell things that would not be ok from a Chinese perspective. Just figured that a streaming service owned fully by a Chinese company might have things in their TOS that prohibits users for saying things that might get their company in trouble with their government. They can control the creators on the platform, but not the players they play against.

Him talking about conspiracy stuff on his channel is also probably a no go right? Or will their streaming service be for other areas than China, so they don't care? Tencent owns a whole bunch of gaming stuff, so it might not be an issue.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Following 15 people. Look who 3 of them are.
Either an excellent troll or legit. Guess we'll see Monday.
1593340638752.png

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
People are making the wrong assumptions about china stuff. They are not interested at all in having Doc stream to chinese viewers, they already have platforms, Chinese "mega-stars" and tightly control all that shit.

They want people like Doc to stream to Western audiences and shape the messages. Your first thought might be "finally! Those commies will shit on all that wokeness!" but thats wrong. They love all this internal struggle bullshit and will stoke it even further. They want to make money off dumb western audiences and make younger people even more dumb and shitty at life. They will just as likely double down on "i identify as a deer" kinda stupid shit.

To be fair as well stuff like this new platform is "only" 10% owned by TenCent, so its still 90% someone else calling the shots. Probably?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
If the move to a service from China is accurate, then I seriously wonder what they will do in terms of censorship? If he plays any of the shooters where you have the proximity mic, it will take a whole of minutes, not hours, for people to find him in game and yell things that would not be ok from a Chinese perspective. Just figured that a streaming service owned fully by a Chinese company might have things in their TOS that prohibits users for saying things that might get their company in trouble with their government. They can control the creators on the platform, but not the players they play against.

Him talking about conspiracy stuff on his channel is also probably a no go right? Or will their streaming service be for other areas than China, so they don't care? Tencent owns a whole bunch of gaming stuff, so it might not be an issue.

Right now China cares more about controlling their own people than some western streamers. Tencent is a part of a long term strategic plan to control the western media and their young(er) generation. Even they know they can't buy a platform or create a new one and start censoring people outside mainland China. Gaining control has to be subtle and time consuming. That's why China has bought hundreds of billions of dollars worth of equity in Africa, Europe and US. To gain control over real estate, energy, natural resources, infrastructure. An example. Right now there's a plan (it's been in the planning for years) to build a tunnel between Estonia and Finland. It's gonna be longer than the Channel Tunnel and will cost hilarious amounts of billions. Right now there's some Chinese investment fund that wants a piece of the action. Basically covering part the cost that Finland and Estonia have been arguing over in exchange to have a say in running the thing. Who's gonna say that they won't buy out one of the other parties 10-15 years after the tunnel is finished and gain majority control of the whole thing. That's how they operate.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I find all the "other streaming service" stuff kind of unlikely. I feel like he had wanted to stay in twitch, and it would have to be some serious fuck you money for him to even consider it. Especially with mixer going down and what he watched happen with shroud and ninja on a community and viewership level

Oldbased

> Than U
I find all the "other streaming service" stuff kind of unlikely. I feel like he had wanted to stay in twitch, and it would have to be some serious fuck you money for him to even consider it. Especially with mixer going down and what he watched happen with shroud and ninja on a community and viewership level
Possible he was only in talks but Twitch got butthurt mad and rage quit.
I stress possible.

Cybsled

I don't think the Tencent rumor is realistic. Not just for Doc, but Shroud/Ninja as well. Facebook Gaming and Youtube Gaming did better than Mixer more than likely because they leveraged already used platforms, which means they have a pre-installed user base. While Tencent does have its fingers in some stuff in the West, it is nowhere near the omnipresent juggernaut it is in China. I mean fuck, look at how many people got salty about Epic Games store because it bludgeoned its way into the scene by attracting publishers with profitable deals then getting 1 year exclusivity contracts or whatever. The only way Tencent could get a foothold in Western streaming is if they somehow figured out a model by which games could only be streamed on their platform, which would basically ignite the streaming platform version of WW3.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
He boned a chick and she cried rape is what happened is my guess. This other shit is too game of thrones.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
china controlling the viewing/entertainment of young impressionable Western kids is gonna be... interesting

Ya know what, fuck it. I'm okay with this. It's not like they could fucking make things worse. Plus China doesn't give a shit about woke culture.

• 1Picard

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He is the doctor who engineered and sold COVID-19 to China while working for the Lizardmen. He started streaming after quitting his job in disgust, and he wears the wig/glasses/moustache to hide from the NWO. They finally caught him this weekend.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya know what, fuck it. I'm okay with this. It's not like they could fucking make things worse. Plus China doesn't give a shit about woke culture.

I guess some of them had the same kind of thoughts back in the day "what are they gonna do, kill all the birds, then eat us?"

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They'd probably just firewall him into the chinese gateways so he can play against players the CCP can have executed for doing that.

I'm not sure China will not give a shit when it comes to western audiences doing this on his stream.

For example when they tried to have a chinese team play on one of our lower leagues as an attempt to infiltrate, they aborted it right away when tibetan flags were shown on the ranks.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Damn, so many of you fail to apply a modicum of critical thinking. Communists, China, Spotify, brime, Iawsuits! Just intense masturbatory speculation.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, so many of you fail to apply a modicum of critical thinking. Communists, China, Spotify, brime, Iawsuits! Just intense masturbatory speculation.

You popping in to post this outfaggots all the retarded speculation in here

• 1Faggotry