Twitch.tv

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying it's impossible some rich simp did this, but it's so much more likely that it's another stunt cooked up by her and her husband to keep the scam going.

• 14Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 14 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
It's a real possiblilty. She's rich, she can just blow it up in her endgame cash grab and peace out/retire.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The forced preroll ads pretty much guarantee I will never bother to wait around to load up a new channel.
Part of the ad program includes that if you agree to run a certain amount of ads (like 3 min per hour or something...I don't remember the specifics) that they will disable pre-rolls for your channel. Higher viewer retention for the reason you mentioned is why small streamers are doing this, too.
I used to roll ads as soon as my stream started, but that only gets rid of the pre-roll for the first 10-20 minutes, so this is a better option. Of course, if I could just get rid of all ads completely for my viewers as an option, I'd do that since anything I'd get as a kickback from ads is insignificant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Part of the ad program includes that if you agree to run a certain amount of ads (like 3 min per hour or something...I don't remember the specifics) that they will disable pre-rolls for your channel. Higher viewer retention for the reason you mentioned is why small streamers are doing this, too.
I used to roll ads as soon as my stream started, but that only gets rid of the pre-roll for the first 10-20 minutes, so this is a better option. Of course, if I could just get rid of all ads completely for my viewers as an option, I'd do that since anything I'd get as a kickback from ads is insignificant.

They were asking some huge streamers to do 6 min/hr. That seems like a death sentence. A medium-ish streamer I watch, DolphinChemist, was offered a pretty heft (for him) sum but required 8 minutes per hour of ads. Hell, I would probably not mind as much if they made the ads smaller so that I could still see what was happening on the stream while the ads rolled, but fucking even 1 minute of ads on a tablet makes me want to just turn the tablet off. I don't understand how Amazon still thinks people view ads on streams the same way they view ads on TV. Retards.

1670352494968.png

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I cant remember who it was, but there was a medium sized streamer who mentioned getting raided by a big streamer, immediately adding like 5 figures to his stream, and the raid message was like "RUN ADS BRO", and the whole raid just sat around and watched the ads, even telling him to run another block. Said that month was the biggest check he had ever received from twitch

Bigger streamers have gotten their audiences used to the ad rolls, and work around it. The problem is, I believe, if you take one of these bounties and you are not a twitch contract streamer, you dont get to choose when the ads roll anymore, it just does your block at the top of the hour.

The good thing for streamers is those things can be prorated and the visible number is based on their streaming time, but for example if Bahroo didnt hit 155hrs, but did keep up 6 min of ads per hour, twitch would just be paying him $285 per hour he did stream + his ad rev + everyone who subbed to not watch ads.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitch devs have been trying to defeat the extensions and proxies every few weeks, TTV LOL isn't perfect on catching all the mid rolls but does well enough still.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chat paused due to scroll is a bug affecting all browsers, for a workaround with BTTV flip on reversed chat scroll so it loads from the top until they fix.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were asking some huge streamers to do 6 min/hr. That seems like a death sentence. A medium-ish streamer I watch, DolphinChemist, was offered a pretty heft (for him) sum but required 8 minutes per hour of ads. Hell, I would probably not mind as much if they made the ads smaller so that I could still see what was happening on the stream while the ads rolled, but fucking even 1 minute of ads on a tablet makes me want to just turn the tablet off. I don't understand how Amazon still thinks people view ads on streams the same way they view ads on TV. Retards.

View attachment 446499
Yet, he runs 6mins of ads every hour, 3min every 30min during GoW playthrough.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yet, he runs 6mins of ads every hour, 3min every 30min during GoW playthrough.

Are you talking about Bahroo? He has a huge, dedicated following and he was discussing with them that he would take Twitch up on the offer but use the money for community giveaways or something. I will tell you that I, a casual Bahroo fan, would not stay around for any amount of ads over 30 seconds; and even then if they play too close together I'm out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You still get no ads if you are subbed. I just use my Prime on whoever I am watching most that month.

Cybsled

That dude crossing the centerline was so random - can't really see through the window, although I wouldn't be surprised if they were texting or otherwise doing something like that, since the drift didn't seem to happen until he was relatively close to the streamer