Uthgard returns! (Classic DAOC EMU with high population)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a joke in there somewhere involving your name :D

Cottage purchased!
yay.png

Ouch:
bind.png

Ouch again:
vaults.png

And more:
npcs.png
tools.png

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Nice. How much G did a plot/shed cost? Also how do you even get to housing on Alb, only remember hib and mid places.

Hit 33 last night. Sitting at 160ish gold and all green/grey gear since there doesn't seem to be many paladins and I get taken into a lot higher groups for endo.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My leveling has been outpacing my salvaging ability. Spent the morning crafting. I'm glad I looked up the best way to do it, as I had forgotten and was making studded to raise metalworking while tailoring.

Apparently you should do leather armor all the way, trinket woodworking and metalworking to 500, then raise your level 1 weaponmaking and armorcrafting to boost the secondaries. I did it a bit to get stuff into the 600's. Pretty cool that you can crank wood and metal by making bronze weapons for copper pieces.

Think we are still looking to recruit some guild crafters... and fund them. Lemme know!

Nice. How much G did a plot/shed cost? Also how do you even get to housing on Alb, only remember hib and mid places.

Hit 33 last night. Sitting at 160ish gold and all green/grey gear since there doesn't seem to be many paladins and I get taken into a lot higher groups for endo.

Bwgwl
You should be able to get a suit of plate from these before they turn grey. They also drop a large shield with +shield. +dex/+shield capped so good for leveling.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Plots are 300 gold and getting scooped up quickly. Mine is kind of a corner town, not near the center so still had plenty of spots left. The ones near the entrance or central market seem mostly gone.

Someone told me that consignment merchants didn't work but I saw them at some houses, and the market search tool at the entrance works. Maybe all the housing stuff works.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
300g? Dang. Only g method I know is selling seals or having an alt salvage seal gear. Dont really remember much

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea kill stuff for loot. Salvage it, and make little lanterns and hinges and toy swords and such and sell em. See the link a page or so up.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yea kill stuff for loot. Salvage it, and make little lanterns and hinges and toy swords and such and sell em. See the link a page or so up.
I know. I have an AC template saved that I'm going to do soon to get AC and secondaries to 500 (see how much g I have left after)

Was more curious how you already got 300g since I recall you're around my lvl

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I know. I have an AC template saved that I'm going to do soon to get AC and secondaries to 500 (see how much g I have left after)

Was more curious how you already got 300g since I recall you're around my lvl

Salvaging drops is huge.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Soloing you tend to make alot of money because you don't have to split it with 7 other people. I'm 39 now though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Housefriended everyone that I know here. There's not a whole lot you can do with it though. There's no crafting merchant aside from siege, and I only have one tool spot for a forge or whatever. I only have one vault or I'd make one for frands and one for me.

Also don't have a bindstone yet, but I'll buy that next I think.

Maybe I'll eventually upgrade to a bigger house.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Got a sweet necro deathservant staff from Dartmoor.

Do caster staffs wear down from casting? Never played a caster before.

Khar I can donate 50g for a bind stone. Relatively poor but having a place to bind there will be nice. Try and shoot me a tell when I'm on.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Plunder is streaky. Nothin for an hour then bam plate chain plate weapon weapon $$$.

There's a reboot happening if you want to jump in quick to avoid le queue

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Did a few levels at dunters and almost every play session, I'd run into someone pissed off that I was killing "his mobs." Invoking ancient camp rules from EQ in DAOC 17 years later just seems asinine.

Cabas are the worst at this. They feel entitled to fast leveling but need to pull enormous packs. Add a necro or two to their desired farm spot and they can't do shit except bitch. Clearly, moving to a spot not overrun by necros is inconceivable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We are like locusts. Often kill oranges, but when mana is low it is good to grab a blue to siphon all the mana out of them.

excal.png

Barely any guards at castle excal. I wonder if they just leave it there so people don't get discouraged and quit haha.

I had to come out here to get crafting mats. There's supposed to be crafting merchants for housing but there's been some giant delay in getting them implemented.