Utopia

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I just watch S1E1 to see what this was about.

What the fuck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's incredibly violent. Very dark and brooding. It's a beautifully shot show with a great plot.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Doesn't Fox have some reality show coming up with the same name?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I guess it says a lot about the writers and the actor that my favorite character is the murderous sociopath.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I guess it says a lot about the writers and the actor that my favorite character is the murderous sociopath.
I know! I fucking love what they have done with that character. For me, they have kind of pulled a Jaime Lannister with him, where I hated his ass in the beginning but then as we are told more of his story we not only empathize with the fucker but he becomes our favorite fucking character. Episode 2 of season 2 was just the tits for his character. His line, "There's one more, wait here", was badass on every level. Seriously the last 10 mins of that episode was just awesome sauce all over.

Fucking love this show

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that Lee cutthroat scene was really good, and cinematography is still awesome. While the main plot lessens, it's still nice to see how "normal" people react to unexpected stuff. Also dem UK accents
biggrin.png

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm about to watch episode 2 of season 2, and holy shit. I am blown away. Why can't we have more nice things like this show?!

I wonder how bad HBO will fuck it up.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I wonder how bad HBO will fuck it up.
Truthfully there is no reason to watch the HBO version. Maybe it will somehow be better? And, if so, that's great. But as I see it there's zero point.

It's funny how I actually likeallthe characters in this series. Even the ones we're supposed to despise.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I do not disagree, and it proves to show what a well written masterpiece this show truly is.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Now that all 6 episodes are out, I'll watch this soon. Possibly over the weekend, if I have time.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I started watching mid season 2. I remember the first season finale didn't really feel finale-ish but I was able to jump right into the second season so it didn't bug me. The episode before this one felt like the climax of the season and this one felt like just another episode. A fucking phenomenal show all around and every episode's amazing so that isn't really an insult.
Sad to see Lee go. He was a great villain.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
HBO is remaking this. David Fincher will be directing the whole first season with Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl, Dark Places) writing. Not sure how I feel about the latter; I haven't seen Gone Girl yet but I read both those books and didn't like them much at all. All of her characters are extremely unlikable, but she's not a bad writer so maybe doing an adaptation will be better. Definitely looking forward to seeing what Fincher can do with a HBO series though.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Just finished watching a marathon of this. Great show overall, I give extra credit as well for ending of season 1 - I'm used to 'shocking twists' making absolutely no sense, but this one made all the previous parts of season one suddenly make a lot more sense. Bravo on that ;p

The bad guys were the most interesting characters I thought - "Am I supposed to be afraid ? I am afraid of nothing. Nothing in this world.... except him."

The smile the hamburger guy gave the dickhead customer and his reaction was awesome too ;p

I can't imagine a remake can do anything to improve it, even by HBO. Given the usual remake treatment of making everyone look more good looking would actually make the show worse - RB being so average is the whole point, and it's obvious just looking at her that there is something very very wrong with Jessica Hyde - making her sexy and glossy just wouldn't work I think.