Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked this game, dont get me wrong, but to say they did a good job with art and animations and that it was comparable to other games in 2008/2009 is stretching the truth quite a bit. The graphics would have looked good had they came out in 2004 MAYBE. There are some areas, like the ones mentioned, that look amazing at first glance. Then you start to realize that castle in the middle of the lava area looks like shit. The animations in the game are fucking horrendous and the collision detection was terrible. Some of the mounts.. omg, atrocious. Much less the player character models. They had terrible support for graphics options, and you had to basically edit your INI files to get a good performance increase back then. But even if the game ran well, the options to make the game look better were mediocre at best. The game isnt a steaming pile of shit, but man, was it a let down.

Just an FYI, I may be a Vanguard zealot but I would never neg over an opinion
smile.png
I got 3 negs in this thread for criticizing Vanguard's terrible art style. Kinda illustrates another problem VG has always had - its terrible zealot-like Neckbeard population.
Honestly, most people that post quite a bit here would have given you a neg by now if they even cared. Its people that generally just lurk on this forum, and have never been in the original guild, much less a forum guild. Its a pointless system for the most part.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I was actually going to fuck around in Vanguard a bit due to the all access shit, but I visited the site and saw the takedown notice a little while back. That's a bummer. Not like it was worth keeping, but still.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea Syc still pays for teamspeak at least =p

If I didnt have to install this nonsense I would be there tonight just to see who shows up.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wonder if they will bring back the gnome starter. If I wasnt working till 8:00 and had any clue what "grabbing packets" entails (or w/e its called) I would be trying to get as much of that info as possible for VGemu. Although I imagine it's a shit show if everyone is all congested in one chunk.... In the end I guess it will go out much like it launched = ( .

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For some reason I find it really sad when an MMORPG world gets shut down...

It's like a little universe gets cut out of existence by the push of a button.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Bout to kiss this goodbye, logging in as Kinolin so holla if you see me.

Edit: Where's Nexus? Seriously, no clue. I need to see the exciting stuff if there's anything happening.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Oh. This shit is kind of depressing. I've never seen the closing of an MMO. It's just a bunch of dudes about to see the game they've sunk ridiculous hours into go poof in an instant.