Virtual Reality

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played AudioShield for the first time in months last night. Love how you can just search Youtube for music now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
i think AR is going to roflstomp VR.

AR has so many applications, superimposing cgi is huge for so many industries.

VR totally seperates you from the real world. id find this awesome if i was living in the Matrix just like the movie. Not jerking my dick with blinders on, spraying my loads all over the couch on accident because i cant see shit.

tyen

<Banned>
stumbled upon this checking out VR/AR shit.

Lowes, the home improvement store, is getting into AR. fucking weird right?

AR is going to be ridiculous huge

zUnEgzx.jpg

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
stumbled upon this checking out VR/AR shit.

Lowes, the home improvement store, is getting into AR. fucking weird right?

AR is going to be ridiculous huge

View attachment 94434
Not weird at all, I'm sure what they're doing is making an application where you can preview the result of prospective home improvement projects. Many retailers have this already in web applications.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PokemonGo showed the world that a pretty simple app that is slightly connected to the world and barely has augmented reality built into it can be massive in new and exciting ways, though the pokemon IP is a juggernaut and helped with that as well.

VR / AR will be huge, 100 billion dollar industry, just a matter of time and improving the tech.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played PSVR for 5 minutes before returning it to Amazon. The Vive is so much better, tracking-wise. My Vive is getting very little use, so I know the PSVR would probably get even less.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
One of the cool things about Lowes and similar stores is their standardized layout probably makes it a lot easier for them to build interesting experiences. See a AR demo of how to do something, then it can guide you through the store to pick up all the parts for the project, pitch you others on the way, long haul you down some other aisle that has a certain upconversion %, etc.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can someone explain to me what the deal is with AR? How is it different from VR? I have not been following this much since I'm pretty susceptible to motion sickness and figured I would never be able to use any of this stuff.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
The trend is that its now being broken down into 3 categories-

AR - Information that supplements the real world but doesn't appear to be part of it (ie Google Glass), or information added to displays which show the real world (Pokémon Go). In both cases you still see the real world around you in some way, but its not so advanced that it looks like CGI objects are actually part of the world around you.

VR - The real world is completely blocked out. All you see around you is a world not representative of your actual surroundings.

MR (Mixed Reality) - You see the real world around you without the aid of a display but CGI objects appear to be placed into the real world. It's just a higher form of AR - this is a category that the companies creating devices like HoloLens (used in the Lowe's example above) and Magic Leap are pushing to differentiate themselves from the ho-hum AR of smart phones, google glass, etc. Requires spatial mapping, complex optics, and new processors to tie it all together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
thats nasty, glad to read about that before I was in a store that demo's them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love my PSVR. It is way more cool than I ever thought it could be. Everything is fluid, life like, and completely transformative.

tyen

<Banned>
spronk needs all the likes for sharing that.

didnt even think about that, thanks for potentially saving our eyeballs bro.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This may put a dampener on Six Flags' plans for VR coasters... I went on the one they have in LA a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool but if Eye Herpes is a risk I think I'll be skipping them from now on.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This may put a dampener on Six Flags' plans for VR coasters... I went on the one they have in LA a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool but if Eye Herpes is a risk I think I'll be skipping them from now on.

I am sure they will have disinfectant available - like at Islands of Adventure in Florida. The Spiderman ride there you put on 3D glasses and they are always clean. I doubt the health department will allow eye herpes.

Siliconemelons

No 1 got eye herpes from WDW DisneyQuest VR, because like stated above - they wipe down the head gear and face part between each set of people.

Sad DQuest is gone (or going to be gone) and not just totally redone with new tech.