WarCraft (2016)

Chris

Potato del Grande
They just need to make Warcraft 1 into a movie. Job Done.

Instead they will do some kind of World of Warcraft "we have to show everyone's characters!" bullshit, or something totally unreleated to the source material like the D&D or Final Fantasy movies.

is this cgi or live action?
It's live action.

And for those who say they won't watch this movie because it missed its peak popularity, you're full of shit. I quit WOW over 5 years ago and I'm still going to see this, if only for the curiosity factor. It might not be as popular as it once was, but I'm betting it will still draw in the curious viewers.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's live action.

And for those who say they won't watch this movie because it missed its peak popularity, you're full of shit. I quit WOW over 5 years ago and I'm still going to see this, if only for the curiosity factor. It might not be as popular as it once was, but I'm betting it will still draw in the curious viewers.
lol

this will be right up there with the dragonball movie and the mario brothers movie.

lol

this will be right up there with the dragonball movie and the mario brothers movie.
hs86u1.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why live action? It is going to be so terrible. It's from a fucking video game, animation is totally acceptable

Cybsled

Animation isn't a slam dunk. 3D animation is pretty damned expensive and the animated PG-13+ market has a poor track history at best in the theaters. Plus, if the movie didn't meet the high standards set by the CGI films that Blizzard puts out, then people would think it was too cheap.

I mean if it looks like this, ya sure 3d animation feature length film would be 100% badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Live action fantasy has an even worse record than animation. I wasn't trying to say that animation would be a slam dunkjust that live action is almost guaranteed to be awful.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
With the success of the LOTR movies, a live action Warcraft could be just as, if not more successful than that. The decline in interest in WoW doesn't mean shit really. People are still very much into the lore and story of Warcraft.
It has potential to be an epic movie... It can also just be another Dungeons and Dragons movie.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Live action fantasy has an even worse record than animation. I wasn't trying to say that animation would be a slam dunkjust that live action is almost guaranteed to be awful.
The last time a game studio fames for its cgi cutscenes made an animated film it a) was terrible and b) bankrupted the studio. Meanwhile live-action fantasy has never been more popular or profitable.

In short, you're dumb.