Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Nekros Prime, and Galatine Prime. Shiiit, time to grind up some shit in Warframe again. Sent request to Vorph to add to my friends list.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget Tigris Prime with potential for 100% status chance. 17-18 pellets each with guaranteed corrosive (and blast since you have to use all 4 dual stat mods to hit 100%) proc on the first shot, then the other barrel murders whatever happens to be left.

MR13 req on both weapons though. I'm still ~40k xp short, but I've got like 9 unranked frames that need to be leveled.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm already 19, so Mastery requirements don't bother me. I'd still be hard pressed to give up my Vaykor Hek for the shotty of choice though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
For any new players, this list is probably the best resource on what to craft next.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Wanted to play a bit today, started the game and I got this awful static noise in the background that stays there even with everything muted from ingame / windows audio thingie. I tried updating audio / chipset drivers, completely reinstalled the game (and delete AppData stuff), rebooted like 1000 times, no fix.

Everything else sounds great, this is the only software with this problem. I couldn't find anyone else with my problem on the forums / reddit. Anyone got any ideas ?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re-installed and played around for a bit, there seems to be a lot to do, just can't decide on which frame to use. Looking at the list above, I seem to have "top" tier weapons already, but none of the "top" frames that I have are fun to play. Decided to go hunting for Nova / Saryn / Nyx Primes....getting those seems to be gated behind layers of RNG. I'm kinda stuck at MR 7, if I recall the test to reach MR8 requires some good parkour skills, which I lack atm, haha. Not a fan of Corpus Bursa mobs.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wanted to play a bit today, started the game and I got this awful static noise in the background that stays there even with everything muted from ingame / windows audio thingie. I tried updating audio / chipset drivers, completely reinstalled the game (and delete AppData stuff), rebooted like 1000 times, no fix.

Everything else sounds great, this is the only software with this problem. I couldn't find anyone else with my problem on the forums / reddit. Anyone got any ideas ?
I guess you did the reverb thing ? Maybe a microphone going apeshit ? No idea otherwise.

As far as top stuff goes, for it being really "top", you need to upgrade the mod capacity to 60 and then forma it a few times for the good mods, so you can put in as many maxed mods as possible, then you got some firepower on your hands. Wiki has videos of all the MR tests, they aren't really hard as long as you bring relevant equipment. For anything outside of sorties, I recommend having 1-2 items below 30 so you can keep working on your mastery while doing all the other stuff.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Re-installed and played around for a bit, there seems to be a lot to do, just can't decide on which frame to use. Looking at the list above, I seem to have "top" tier weapons already, but none of the "top" frames that I have are fun to play. Decided to go hunting for Nova / Saryn / Nyx Primes....getting those seems to be gated behind layers of RNG. I'm kinda stuck at MR 7, if I recall the test to reach MR8 requires some good parkour skills, which I lack atm, haha. Not a fan of Corpus Bursa mobs.
All loot is RNG, including regular items. I think the new relic mechanic is easier hunting down parts compared to the void. Just find some people who want the same part, use the same relic and each mission you will have 4 chances getting the part you want.

I did the excavation mission on Pluto today and went up to 2700ish cryotics. Mobs were level 112 and my Vandal Quanta wasn't cutting it. I need to either farm a better primary or forma the shit out of it. Thank jeebus my Dual Ichors still cut through infested like butter with body count and blood rush.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You miss the parts where matchmaking works and some twat isn't trying to sneak in with a wrong relic. If all else fails, there's still warframe market.

Vorph

A quick breakdown on the current state of relics/fissures:

Lith - Needed for Tigris barrel (K1 uncommon), optional for Nekros chassis (N1 common, but also Axi G1 common). Best place is ODD, but only stay for 10 waves. Finding people for it is generally a waste of time. I just brought my speed Nova and soloed it.

Meso - Needed for Tigris stock (S1 common), Nekros Neuroptics (F1 uncommon), and optional for Galatine blade (N2 common, also Axi V2 and V3). Best place is Saturn/Helene. Same deal as Lith, only stay 10 waves. Recommend pugging it, speed Nova can't really deal with Grineer even just for 10 and any defense without her is very inefficient.

Neo/Axi - Needed for everything else, especially the rare BPs. Interceptions are by far the best way to get them, specifically Xini and Berehynia. Just depends on whether you want to fight infested or grineer. For Xini, an Maim Equinox is best for murdering practically the whole map, and for Berehynia I like a Resonating Quake Banshee + EV Trinity combo. A group with 4 Hydroids works very well too, as does Saryn in place of Banshee. Really though, it doesn't matter that much. As long as you have 4 people who will hold the fucking points instead of running all over the place you can win 100-0 for 4 rounds easily. OP abilities like Maim, Quake, and spores just make up for pub retards or allow you to carry people who are leveling their shit.

When doing the fissures, I highly recommend a relic share for uncommon/rare parts. It requires some trust though, since the correct way to do it is to run 1 radiant of the relic you want and 3 intact shit relics you don't care about. People will try to sneak in without having a radiant of the right one or they will leave if the rare drops before it's their turn. I'm still after Nekros and Tigris parts if anyone's ever looking for people to do them.

I've got every frame except for Chroma (fucking Kela will NOT drop a Saryn systems no matter how many times I run the arena) and Atlas (Jordas Golem is the most boring thing in the game) and Equinox is my current favorite. Seeing every red arrow on the minimap disappear whenever I toggle Maim never gets old.

Last edited:

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's run some missions tonight Vorph. Do you live on the east coast?

EDIT: By the way, whats the best way for farming argons? I need 2 for my Trinity Prime =/

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, and I'll be on after the daily reset. Same thing as the other day though, I'll be running sortie 3 (Spy today so should be quick & easy solo with Loki) for the 200k credits first then I'm up for anything.

For argon, do void missions. Level doesn't matter, and they're in lockers/vases at least as often as from enemies. What you really want is a Smeeta though. I did 10 waves of a void defense last night and my cat dug up a dozen of them for me. Works for pretty much every other rare material too, except oxium and tellurium.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some questions.
My weapons consist of:
Primary: Braton Prime(Max), Boltor Prime(17), Sobek(Max), Soma(22)
Secondary: Acrid(Max), Atomos(10)
Melee: Orthos Prime(Max), Hate(Max), Kogage(Max), Gram(Max)

These all perform well vs. mobs up to 45-ish (haven't tried higher yet), so not sure which ones will scale best. The Braton seems to fall off quicker than the others after 30. Any advice on weapons you've used at 45 which perform well? I missed out on that Dex Sybaris, which seems like a great weapon. I've gotten a couple parts for the Burston Prime, but not sure if its worth farming for at the moment. (Not a fan of Tigris, as powerful as it is, it just seems annoying to reload to much).

They've added a lot of Frame buffs which I have no idea how to get / use, like Augments, Focus, Exilus (shop slot item?).

How about Syndicates? Do they all offer a specific weapon? I think they all offer augments/mods for certain "favored" Frames, so I should join a Syndicate that favors the Frames I like, or go for the one with the best weapon?

Vorph

Syndicate weapons are pretty much the best in the game, aside from a few of the primes which are competitive. I think everyone should have: Vaykor Marelok and Hek, Synoid Gammacor and Simulor, Sancti Tigris, and if you use Ivara at all or just like bows, Rakta Ballistica and Cernos. The secondaries require MR6 and the primaries are MR12 though. Never spend your own syndicate standing on weapons. The mods cost 25k to buy and the sell for 10-15p. The weapons cost 100-125k to buy and sell for 20-25p. I chose Steel Meridian as my main, and I maxed out Red Veil using the allied rep. Next I'm going to do Suda and Hexis, which requires only minor upkeep to stay in Red Veil's favor. The other two will always hate me, oh well. Bottom line, choose syndicate based on the mods they have and how well you think they will sell, or even just based on which one has a syandana that you like. I'm a fan of Suda's syandana myself.

Since you said you were still MR7, I would advise getting some non-syndicate primaries such as Tonkor (nothing beats this for defense missions, especially while leveling frames at Eris/Akkad and not being a leech), plain old Hek with syndicate mod, Soma Prime, and again if you like bows you can't go wrong with Dread and Paris Prime. If you do sorties you'll have to pick up a sniper rifle for the restricted missions, Lanka and Vectis Prime are the best choices there. Your Sobek is really useful for low-mid level missions if you get the Acid Shells mod from Kela De Thaym.

For secondaries, definitely try to get the syndicate weapons I mentioned, especially Vaykor Marelok. Some people love Lex Prime and say it's the second best, but I think it's fairly shitty myself. Your Atomos and Acrid are still really good when modded properly. Sonicor is one of my personal favorites too, mod it for blast and blowing shit into orbit never gets old. Notable primes besides Lex are Akstiletto Prime, Spira Prime, Hikou Prime (just vaulted unfortunately). And for xp farming at Akkad, Kulstar is a must-have for when you want to level a primary and thus can't bring Tonkor. Beware though, unlike Tonkor this thing will kill your ass. I also think everyone should build a Furis and use the syndicate mod with it; the proc is extremely useful.

Melee is a lot more simple, all you really need is Galatine Prime and Redeemer. Jat Kittag can be fun to use too with the Kela De Thaym mod, and if you want something for Excalibur just pick one of his preferred weapon types with the cheapest stance which is generally a nikana or dual swords. Use your Orthos until you get Galatine P, or just fill the slot with mastery fodder since it's MR13 for Galatine and you're going to need a ton of rank XP to get there.

Re: frame stuff -- augs come from syndicates, most aren't really useful except in very specific circumstances. The must-haves are things like Chilling Globe for Frost, Despoil for Nekros, Resonating Quake for Banshee, Infiltrate for Ivara, Hushed Invis and Irradiating Disarm for Loki, Vampire Leech for Trinity, Pilfering Swarm for Hydroid, Capacitance for Volt... maybe a few others I've forgotten.

Focus requires lenses which come from sorties and other players (lesser only), and the market (greater only, 40p). Lessers can be crafted into greaters but it's kind of a waste imo. Lenses go on weapons and frames, ideally ones that do a ton of killing. Mine are on Ivara+Redeemer (solo stealth farming) and Excalibur (big mistake that came from listening to some terrible advice, and if I had it to do over I'd put it on something like Equinox or Ash Prime). Have you completed the Second Dream quest? If not, anything else related to focus is a major spoiler. Zenurik and Naramon are the best by far.

Exilus slots are really only needed once you put several forma into a frame, because otherwise you probably are going to fill 74-78 mod capacity with just the normal 8 slots. There's a frame or two that come with a polarity on their exilus though; those I would unlock immediately. Mostly you put Power Drift, Cunning Drift, Rush, or maybe Intruder in that slot. There's not a whole lot else that fits in there that is useful, just bullet jump mods and Enemy Sense for those rare occasions when you can't use your Sentinel/Kavat.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That right there is the best warframe guide you are going to find on the internet, trust me, I looked.

I'd emphasize doing the second dream quest, it gives you a free melee 60 mod weapon and unlocks a whole new mechanic, 1 exilus adapter and a planet. Cmoparing stuff with and without reactor is kinda iffy, good mods can take even bad weapon very far, but if you stick your potatoes on all the things Vorph recommended, you won't regret it. Exilus adapters can be bought from Cephalon Simaris, but the daily targets are kinda annoying to chase.

Last edited:

Vorph

Simaris only sells Exilus BP unfortunately, and it takes 2 forma worth ~24p to build it. The exilus adapter itself only costs 20p so that's just a waste even before you consider the credits, orokin cell, argon crystal, and a few days of Simaris rep.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Guess I haven't considered trading much, finishing all the vaulted stuff was such a pain in the ass I would rather avoid it for as long as possible, but I guess I'll buy the syndicate mods and weapons sooner rather than later.

Vorph

I'm about to head back into endo farm mode myself, since I've got Galatine, Nekros is cooking, and Tigris won't take much longer. I've got a ridiculous number of mods I bought that I never had the cores and still don't have the endo to upgrade even to 8 or 9, never mind 10. And of course that creates an endless cycle of forma, since every time I level up a mod to 8+ I get that lovely warning that everything I own is now over budget.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, great info. While looking up syndicate augments, I noticed the Steel Meridian favored all the frames I'll prolly play, plus the weapons were nice, so I switched from Hexis. Do people really sell syndicate weapons, and do those which are sold come ready to use?

I'll be doing the Second Dream quest today, and then try that MR7-8 test. I will prolly get a greater lens for whichever frame(s) I use the most, I'll admit that I don't mind buying plat, since I like trying out everything. That being said, aside from the Twin Grataka, are there any weapons on the Market worth getting? I can see myself spending plat on getting enough relics to finish farming for the Prime items I want to get.

Vorph

Whenever I get a -75% off coupon from daily tribute I pick up 2100p, so far it's come up three times. Probably overkill for most people but I bought a shitload of mods, several prime sets, and all my syndicate stuff from other players. I've probably spent over 1k on potatoes, slots, forma, and exilus by now too. Not much else worth buying on the market really, unless it's majorly discounted in a sale like the one going on now. Smoke palette (part of color bundle B if you want some other colors too) is a must-have if you play Frost.

And greater lenses. Just be aware that most-played still isn't necessarily the best frame to put a lens on. You could play Trinity 12 hours a day and you'd probably never even come close to capping your focus. It has to go on a frame/weapon that gets tons of kills to be effective. If you want to solo for focus, stealth is a must for the 5x bonus imo. Be aware that Naramon takes vastly more focus points to max out the useful stuff than Zenurik does. I screwed up by putting Zenurik on my easy focus farm setup (Ivara+Redeemer) because now I'm done with that one and still have a long way to go on Naramon.

People definitely do sell all the Syndicate weapons for 20/25p. Just put up a buy order on warframe.market for the one(s) you want and someone will bite within a couple hours, in my experience. They come pre-built but they have to be unranked and without potato installed or they can't be traded. If you're going to spend plat on prime stuff, just buy the prime parts/BPs. I don't think there's much of a relic market. Same deal though, always use buy orders unless it's a common only worth a few plat.

There's a lot of weapons on the market worth getting the BP and building. Tonkor, Kulstar, Hek, Furis, Sonicor, Twin Grakata, Redeemer, etc. Plus you need to rank up a lot of weapons to hit MR13, and market ones tend to be pretty cheap to build. There's speculation that Syndicate melee weapons coming soon will be MR15. I hope they're wrong and it's MR9, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. You can get to around MR13 just from building all the frames (minus ridiculously overpriced primes like Ember, Frost, and Rhino) and the top-tier weapons. From there's it's all about building mastery fodder crap, leveling it up at Akkad, and then selling it to free the slot.

And for that MR8 test, you know you can practice in the Simaris room at any relay, right? It wasn't that hard imo; the MR11 one is a lot worse. Something to be aware of is that Titania can be used to cheese pretty much every MR test that allows powers. Parkour? Floors disappearing from under you? Laser traps? Who cares when you're flying around in archwing mode... Similarly, having a redeemer will cheese the stealth tests.

Last edited: