Warhammer 40k

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The free strategic reserves in Arks season is so fun, has made a bunch of garbage units playable

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Didn't even need the terminator homing beacon to boomerang back the second game

Eradicators at 18" for RG have 2+ save, "almost termies". Plus they're primaris for transhuman phys. I'm building some rn. Right right now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

SM might take a nerf bat some but my ravens look safe otherwise

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brad2770

iamacynic37 iamacynic37

I didn’t need it, but I wanted one to paint. Was sold a Knight Warden NIB for $100. Just for friendly games, would a Freeblade with my Salamanders be worth tabling?

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
This is similar to your question about the Vindicare assassin, from yesterday.
If you wanted to you could field a Freeblade but you'd like to make sure it was worth it for the points.
I have toyed with this idea, but generally, there are better Space Marine options

Brad2770

I bought a full second army over the last few days. I’m done buying models for now. Just a few more paints and supplies that I need and I can start assembly and painting as soon as I get moved San Antonio.

my new army:

Imperial Knights

Acastus-class x1
Dominus-class x1
Questoris-class x2
Armiger-class x4

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a full second army over the last few days. I’m done buying models for now. Just a few more paints and supplies that I need and I can start assembly and painting as soon as I get moved San Antonio.

my new army:

Imperial Knights

Acastus-class x1
Dominus-class x1
Questoris-class x2
Armiger-class x4

Bro, put down the credit card.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Bro, put down the credit card.
Fuck that. Do it fucking live.

car seeing GIF

--

In all honesty I thought I was gonna ease into getting models here and there to build up my Custodes Army. Opportunity came along for me to collect alot of units (achillus dread, galatus dread & a lot of saggitarum) that I wanted for the army (after the christmas box and the combat patrol) for me to get a reasonable price and I took the plunge and got it all.

Do what makes you happy. You got a lot to paint and to learn with getting both these knights and the salamanders.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Brad2770

This is my midlife crisis. I know it. I love the jealous nerds at the gaming shop.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's a lot of work

You'll see why people have piles of grey

Maintain slow and steady progress

The final result is more than worth it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

It's a lot of work

You'll see why people have piles of grey

Maintain slow and steady progress

The final result is more than worth it
The painting really is what I want to do the most.

My inner 16 year old is so happy.

Burren Burren

Today was the first time I used a credit card. The rest was per diem cards and cash.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The painting really is what I want to do the most.

My inner 16 year old is so happy.

Burren Burren

Today was the first time I used a credit card. The rest was per diem cards and cash.

Hah, all good, was just teasing. I have - and no longer play - four full armies. Two fantasy and two 40k. I completely understand the obsession.

I've already built a list of equipment, materials, and models I want to buy, build, and paint, just because I think they are cool and I want to display them. Nearly three dozen character models across several GW ranges. Just waiting to finish my den/studio/computer room.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
That limiting factor of cost is really interesting to compare to being a console or, less extent. PC gamer.

Instead of me buying the best new controller or game ever in 3-6 months, get you a Miniature that is infinitely better.
Honestly, I have said for a LONG time GQ should have had an "army" RPG/RTS/TTS that evolves and carries data for at least a decade.
That would be the hottest e-Transaction market in the world with autistic participants as the hobby attracts

Chris

Potato del Grande
That limiting factor of cost is really interesting to compare to being a console or, less extent. PC gamer.

Instead of me buying the best new controller or game ever in 3-6 months, get you a Miniature that is infinitely better.
Honestly, I have said for a LONG time GQ should have had an "army" RPG/RTS/TTS that evolves and carries data for at least a decade.
That would be the hottest e-Transaction market in the world with autistic participants as the hobby attracts
They should link in game units to IRL purchases.

Like the only way to get a squad of space marines in the online game is to also have the physical item. Then let people trade them freely.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Boarding actions against Death Watch.
20230304_132814.jpg

20230304_132807.jpg
20230304_132755.jpg

20230304_132803.jpg

Yes that is 480 points of Custodes. My Wardens were the mvp, and my blade champion did not see one bit of action. As he got screwed over by the mission mechanic.

At the end of the round we had to roll a dice to see if the 6 compartments were to decompress. The door from cp3 to cp4 was open but the cp3 compartment got hit with the decompression and it slammed shut. My opponent then came up to the door so we had to roll off if the door was gonna be opened or not. I won that roll, but it wipes out the rest of his turn because he had to perform the action and he was engage with the opponent's doorman, thus the BC had to fight last. I decided to charge with my SnB Guardians killed his doorman, piled in but since Custodes have fat asses, I couldn't pile completely in. The fucking same chamber decompressed again and not only did the bc get shut out again, the last SnB Guardian was out of coherency... I had to open the door again with the BC and then make a 7" charge to get that lagging Guardian back in coherence. Nailed it, slaughtered those remaining marines, and basically set me up to win the match.

Fucking fun way to play as it is a nice in between Kill Team and full on table top.

10/10 would recommend.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brad2770

I ended up cancelling the order for the $630 knight. It looks awesome, but after playing fake fights last night, the Castellan far exceeds it in power for a fraction of the cost.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can save like 30$ a month shaving your head instead of haircuts to get them units. It's like a fundraiser drive that goes to something cool instead of some disease that will never be cured.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Beach week I'm gonna have these audio books for the plane and lawn chair+drank status

Deliverance Lost
The Shadowmasters
Raven Lord
The Value of Fear
Raptor
Weregeld