WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Fadaar

That guy
If I didn't get HBO for free through Comcast internet I sure as shit wouldn't pay for it. About to drop Netflix finally too, only streaming I'll pay for will be Crunchyroll at that point if you don't count Amazon.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

"At Crystal Cove High School, Daphne (Constance Wu) is a popular mean girl orphan who deals drugs because of a dark family secret. Her boyfriend Fred (Glenn Howerton) personifies mediocre white richness. His mansion holds a dark secret — and he has teeny widdle privates, a subject of much conversation. "Shaggy" has become Norville (Sam Richardson), a school-newspaper striver friendzoned by his beloved Velma, he worries he's a beta male."

cancelled Westworld and Raised by Wolves, kept this

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube."

Thanks, idiots. Requiring login to even view the trailer is an amazing way to make sure no one bothers watching it.

edit: they got the requirement removed of course

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

"At Crystal Cove High School, Daphne (Constance Wu) is a popular mean girl orphan who deals drugs because of a dark family secret. Her boyfriend Fred (Glenn Howerton) personifies mediocre white richness. His mansion holds a dark secret — and he has teeny widdle privates, a subject of much conversation. "Shaggy" has become Norville (Sam Richardson), a school-newspaper striver friendzoned by his beloved Velma, he worries he's a beta male."

cancelled Westworld and Raised by Wolves, kept this
That can't be a real tag line.

spronk

FPS noob

gotta pay for ugly velma

ERh2h7NXUAAI7Xz

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
crazy they are removing content while raising prices, isn't it already the most expensive streaming service? And did they ever say if the stuff theyre removing will be licensed out to other streaming services? or are they keeping it locked away so they don't have to pay whatever.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
crazy they are removing content while raising prices, isn't it already the most expensive streaming service? And did they ever say if the stuff theyre removing will be licensed out to other streaming services? or are they keeping it locked away so they don't have to pay whatever.
I think they are mostly removing content to get tax write offs and some content will be licensed to ad based streaming services, not sure what ones.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Isn't HBO Max supposed to be merged with Discovery+ at some point?

Cybsled

It is getting merged and they are dropping the "HBO" from the name of the service. No doubt so they can cram in more "reality" TV shit

spronk

FPS noob

i wonder how long until Discovery parts out its company, like selling HBO to Apple and DC to Disney

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
53% Critics / 7% Audience RT score for Velma and still trending down.

Can't post the clip in this forum but apparently the opening PG13 scene is Velma attacking Daphne in communal showers with a crowbar. Why? Good question.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
53% Critics / 7% Audience RT score for Velma and still trending down.

Can't post the clip in this forum but apparently the opening PG13 scene is Velma attacking Daphne in communal showers with a crowbar. Why? Good question.
I watched the first episodes and it's like they saw how well Harley Quinn was doing and incorporated that kind of humor. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny and doesn't fit the Scooby crew at all. Then on top of that you throw in a double down of sjw shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users