WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive been saying they should do a show for years. They could easily do an awesome show about Tom Riddle or Dumbledore and McGonagall when they were young and in school. It doesnt need to be just Harry and the gang. Then you arent held to such extreme expectations and canon work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
except 90% of writers in hollywood nowadays are dogshit so you end up with shit like Fantastic Beasts (scripts all written by JKR) when you try to do new original stuff. Sure, if you get VInce Gilligan or Tony Gilroy to make the show you'll get 10/10 everything but those kind of people aren't interested in this sorta bullshit, you get the usual retards who write take established good IPs like Rings of Power, Resident Evil, Cowboy Bebop, Foundation, Witcher and turn it all into dogshit

so yeah, if I was WB i'd stick carefully to source material everyone loves rather than trying something new, because that has failed miserably almost every time for them in the last few years.

Chris Columbo (director of the first few movies) also apparently wants to make a movie of The Cursed Child play which takes places like 20 (?) years after Deathly Hallows and I'd assume brings back most of the OG cast.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it will be "updated for modern audiences" and that ill be the end. maybe Hailley Bailley can play Hermione. add another white girl notch to her diversity belt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wondered where the Harry Potter TV show discussion was. This will probably do well unfortunately despite being almost 100% focused on "the message." The one hope it has is the new Warner guy who seems more about making some fucking money than the message. But, as i said, this will print them some money for the first season and, even diversified, the writers have a full template of books and movies to ape to overcome their own mediocrity. If the trio ends up all white and we Nevillarius Nogbottom, I'll be amazed.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Eh...

I'm starting to question given they just sold off and/or cancelled a lot of the upcoming things I was looking forward to (new Batman animated, new Superman animated, etc.). I find myself watching Apple TV waaaay more than HBO Max and that just seems backwards.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure $16 is the price with ads. I'm currently paying $15.99 for HBO Max with no Ads and $6.99 for Discovery Plus with no ads so $20/month for the no ads version would be a savings for me.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
1681325458628.png

"MAX, we don't just have good shows, we also have shit."

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not the play.

"We also have ass crack programming" isn't a sell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
no real shock HBO confirms its pivoted away from direct to streaming movies and emphasizing theatrical for movies. It was an interesting time period from 2020 to 2022 to see everyone scramble to beat netflix, but I just don't see how theaters don't still die a slow death over the next decade.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Apparently they're not raising their prices at all so I can just cancel my $6.99 a month subscription to Discovery+ and have it all in one app now.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That will change once they introduce Druckman's gigantor character.

• 1Like