Weather

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's only snowed in Minneapolis 4 times in the month of may before this year. It's snowed all 4 days so far this month. It's 38 degrees right now.

Crazy to think it's June next month, farmers must be flipping their shit right now.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I would openly weep if it snowed in May. I hate snow and it is one thing I don't miss from Indiana living in Tennessee.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, snow isnt that bad. My line of thought is if its going to be cold and shitty, why not have snow as well so everything at least looks cool and white, instead of a shitty gray.

On another topic, I love how our springs have been in the past few years. 40s and 50s, then all of a sudden 70s until the summer.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oklahoma hit with a reported 1 mile wide Tornado. Damage is unreal, hit the suburbs of Oklahoma City.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/20/us/sev...ney_topstories

Elementary school.

rrr_img_25590.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
kids being pulled out of that school, hopefully they are all okay. Sucks when a tornado hits a populated area.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Reports that one of the schools (Plaza Towers) had 75 kids and teachers sheltering in a hallway that is now being described as a 10 foot high debris pile. Sounds bad.

I can't believe schools in this part of the country don't have basements/underground shelters.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am confused, since I have never lived in a area where tornado's are frequent. But wouldn't/shouldn't these schools and other places like it have built in basements or at least have a close(able to run/walk to in a few minutes) shelters on site? I mean when you live in a place called "tornado alley", I would think these things are done by default.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I am confused, since I have never lived in a area where tornado's are frequent. But wouldn't/shouldn't these schools and other places like it have built in basements or at least have a close(able to run/walk to in a few minutes) shelters on site? I mean when you live in a place called "tornado alley", I would think these things are done by default.
Jesus will protect them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I certainly don't miss living around tornadoes. The last several years in the Spring/Summer I'd have nightmares about it. I was living in Tennessee, Kentucky, and southern Illinois, so nothing like those ones in the mid-west.

In places that get them all the time though, they have procedures just like you would for a fire emergency on where to go -- especially public buildings. Kind of surprising that they could be caught off guard so bad at a school.

Something I learned after a few tornadoes is that the sirens go off if there's a tornado warning ANYWHERE in the county. So even though there might not be a tornado within 100 miles of you, those fuckers will still go off. It's pretty obnoxious, but once there's an inkling that one could be coming, you'll know.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tornados are frequent where I live and you can't build basements here. Dunnoa bout OK.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Basements are very uncommon in tx/ok. Most of the buildings in the area around okc probably have storm shelters, if the residents can afford one.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing is though, while not pin point they can predict when a storm system is going to be rough/severe. Unless it's just my weathermen in Nasvhille and they just have a direct line to Jesus or something. Because they are usually pretty spot on. I just don't understand why school wasn't let out early or something (lunchtime). Man that really sucks
frown.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
half of the school kids were taken to a church down the street for shelter it seems like. I guess they didn't have time to get the rest out?

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
They had been saying the 4-8th graders got out but the K-3rd were trapped.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a church actually has a shelter, but a school doesn't?
And I did a google maps of Moore, and judging by their high school's athletic fields, they definitely had the money to build one... you know? Right in the middle of Tornado Fucking Alley? I usually don't jump on the "hang them" bandwagon during tragedies but this one just wreaks of incompetence and poor planning. I know this is a massive storm, but honestly the schools should be the place you hope your children are during one of these things they are so safe.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, every single school anywhere in the midwest should have a shelter capable of surviving a direct pass over from a fucking F5, just like how every single school needs armed guards and every square inch of coastline should have a 50 foot seawall to protect from Tsunamis.