Weather

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Headquarters is closed tomorrow again. They must not have power either . No ETR yet for my power.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Damn son what part of Orlando area you live. I'm out near Windermere and never lost power
Dude that’s the thing we didn’t even get hit hard. We lost power before the storm even fully got to our area. I’m in Altamonte Springs. But a slight breeze and my section of the grid goes down. Fucking thing sucks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
y u no prepare?
200w.gif
I live in an apartment. No place for a generator unfortunately. Otherwise I’d have a massive fucker that automatically kicks on.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I live in an apartment. No place for a generator unfortunately. Otherwise I’d have a massive fucker that automatically kicks on.
yea the preparedness guys say for you apt dwellers, get the battery backups
1ae9ecf6914565a53477b2e7633dad73.png

and they now have bundles where they include solar panels, you can hang those solar panels out your window and get "some charge"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
yea the preparedness guys say for you apt dwellers, get the battery backups
1ae9ecf6914565a53477b2e7633dad73.png

and they now have bundles where they include solar panels, you can hang those solar panels out your window and get "some charge"
Those are cool but won’t power my shit for a week . Which is what I need.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those are cool but won’t power my shit for a week . Which is what I need.
I bet you'd be surprised. We ran ours off our van shit (200W panels, 100AH lithium battery, 1000W inverter) after the 2019 earthquake. Fridges don't use much power anymore. You need a surge on the inverter big enough for when it kicks on, but otherwise the actual power draw is pretty low.

Now granted, that setup cost probably somewhere around $1500 and that was 2018. But still.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In Cape Coral, not quite dead yet. Power grid is toast, no water, cell service abysmal. We basically sat in the eye wall forever. I don't know what it looked like, because can't load shit, but it felt like the eye wall was collapsing on top of us and just in it for like 8 hours. Pretty insane winds, everyone has roof damage, tons of debris everywhere, trees snapped all over the place. It's a mess

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Without power almost a full day now, about the start a gofundme with thoughts and prayers.

Wind went hard yesterday drove around a bit today and so many trees and shit fully blown over. Kind of impressed with how much damage it caused. Hardly any flooding at all, the rain was really light overall. Most of the areas traffic lights were out.

McDonalds and shit was closed but Burger King was fuck you workers get your assholes in here this is our only chance to sell burgers. Drive Thru was wrapped around the building twice I have no idea why you would wait in a line like that.

Surprisingly most Publix were open as well. Anyways not having power blows dicks, I had a bush that fell over but that's the extent of damage so really can't complain much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Without power almost a full day now, about the start a gofundme with thoughts and prayers.

Wind went hard yesterday drove around a bit today and so many trees and shit fully blown over. Kind of impressed with how much damage it caused. Hardly any flooding at all, the rain was really light overall. Most of the areas traffic lights were out.

McDonalds and shit was closed but Burger King was fuck you workers get your assholes in here this is our only chance to sell burgers. Drive Thru was wrapped around the building twice I have no idea why you would wait in a line like that.

Surprisingly most Publix were open as well. Anyways not having power blows dicks, I had a bush that fell over but that's the extent of damage so really can't complain much.
That's like the opposite of what I figured most hurricanes would be. I thought it was that the wind doesn't really end up doing much with post-Andrew building codes, which is what most people are scared of. And that it was flooding that really does all the damage.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanibel and Captiva appear to be well and truly fucked. Time to start rebuilding. Its the Florida way.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean, what else is there to do? lulz

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Sad, Fort Myers Beach has been a summer vacation spot that's been a family tradition for 20+ years. Started when I was in my early teens with my family and continued on as our family grew. Our hotel we always stayed at was about a mile or two south of the pier. We would always take the kids to get ice cream at Kilwins (circled in red). Now it's gone.
IMG_20220930_093502~2.jpg

Interestingly enough, just south of the photo of the pier is a Margaritaville that was being built (underlined in red) and the other big building is the Lani Kai resort which is the one that had the time lapse video from 6ft above Estero Blvd.
IMG_20220930_093512~2.jpg

Fort Myers Beach was nice because it wasn't commercialized and was full on smaller businesses. Let's see how they rebuild.

Also, I feel for you guys going through it now. I survived Andrew and we didn't get our power back for 3 months because my parents lived in the middle of no where.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users