Weather

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Looking around at infrastructure damage in Cape Coral is rough. There are only like 3 stop lights working in town. Tons of snapped or down telephone polls. Still no water, power, and spotty cell reception. Feels like it's going to be a while. But not often you have a basically cat5 hurricane just sit on top of you for 12 hours at the eye

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Finally got our power back. Fix was so short they didn't even say no they were working on it before it was done. Just took 4 days to get there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got our power back. Fix was so short they didn't even say no they were working on it before it was done. Just took 4 days to get there.
Dude get the fuck out of atlamonte springs. That's awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

I know the last time I was there they played all the Marvel movies in order at the time. I think it was 5? It was the best thing to do. This is exactly the reason why I won't move back to Florida. The random every 3-5 years of no power for a week. Funny enough though I might get deployed with my company for cat duty there. It'd be nice to see the area and how much it's changed in 5 years and see my friends. Sweating my balls off with mosquitos not so much.
If it's every 3 to 5 years, it seems like a whole home generator is well worth the cost and time.

Maintenance shouldn't even be that hard. Fire it up annually, to check functionality (around Memorial day or Fourth of July weekend) and drop more fuel treatment in your fuel then you're gtg (for gas gens, use pure gasoline (0% ethanol) along with stabilizer).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
cw86rl67p3r91.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If it's every 3 to 5 years, it seems like a whole home generator is well worth the cost and time.

Maintenance shouldn't even be that hard. Fire it up annually, to check functionality (around Memorial day or Fourth of July weekend) and drop more fuel treatment in your fuel then you're gtg (for gas gens, use pure gasoline (0% ethanol) along with stabilizer).
Propane is better yet although it might be harder to refuel in a disaster it doesn't go bad from sitting. Everybody that has a whole home generator in this area runs it on propane but then most of them have a 500 gallon tank of it sitting there for their furnace already.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Propane is better yet although it might be harder to refuel in a disaster it doesn't go bad from sitting. Everybody that has a whole home generator in this area runs it on propane but then most of them have a 500 gallon tank of it sitting there for their furnace already.
Yea, fuel stability is the issue, but just quickly searching around, on diesel, lead me to a (prepper) forum talking about how if you have a proper storage tank, and add stabilizer every year, diesel can keep indefinitely.

Pure gasoline is supposedly in a somewhat similar situation as diesel, in that if you have a good storage tank, and keep adding stabilize, it will keep a long time (maybe not indefinitely, but years). At least that's what some dudes at Bob is the Oil Guy forums wrote, when I was looking into switching to ethanol free for my car (one of the gas stations near me has it for almost the same price, currently, but only in 87 octane).

If you have a propane tank already though, a generator that runs on it sounds phenomenal.

Oldbased

> Than U
Heard from my parents in Ormond finally( 6 miles north of Daytona ).
54 hours without power and another 8 for internet.
Just limbs and debris, no home damage.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Heard from my parents in Ormond finally( 6 miles north of Daytona ).
54 hours without power and another 8 for internet.
Just limbs and debris, no home damage.
jesus christ say TREE limbs, don't leave out the tree

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As of this evening we will be 50 degrees +/- and rainy for the next two days. Literally will not go up during the day or down during the night, just 50.

Oldbased

> Than U
Had that the other week when it hit 97, high next day was at midnight at 82 and dropped all day down to 41 at night.