Weather

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Northern Ohio has a pretty decent summer and fall. Our winters are obviously horrible and we tend to skip spring and go straight from 30 degree days into 60 degree days (around the time the lake melts)... Overall not bad though, I'd say Western Michigan is similarly nice.

So if you're ever interested in doing the 2 house living thing, Ohio on the lake would be a nice place for a summer/fall home As long as you spend your winters somewhere more tolerable. (Basically from November first until May 1st, Ohio sucks)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Giant Cold Water In Atlantic May Disrupt Sea Currents : SCIENCE : Tech Times

dennis-quaid-the-day-after-tomorrow.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the news is hyping up this hurricane, not sure if its gonna get all the way to jersey. i hope not, we still havent fully recovered from sandy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When's this shit supposed to hit? I'm gonna be in NYC Oct 8-15. The weather is almost always dogshit when I'm there.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When it was just a tropical storm and a rain generator we were going to get 6"+ in two days. Since it went the hurricane route we've been dropped to 1-2". Hype what? Flooding is worse than a couple windy days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When's this shit supposed to hit? I'm gonna be in NYC Oct 8-15. The weather is almost always dogshit when I'm there.
sunday or monday, so you should be free of hurricane, but yeah, the weather here in october-march is usually dogshit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Drove up and down the nj turnpike and i95 all weekend,shitty slow weather traffic, nothingflooding like, tho

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Read earlier they were expecting part of I-70 (??) to wash completely away.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a word of warning, do not take headlines at their face value for SC "1000 year level" is both true AND false, it is true that they got that amount of rain, what is false is the 1000 year part-mainly due to the duration of the storm.

NOAA has these wonderful charts - which classify what "size" storm has happened. until Yesterday, SC was no where NEAR a 1000year event rainfall wise (they were at 100year), they then got hit with a 500year rainfall..

looked at the preliminary data,...for charleston- 500yr storm - overall -excluding the past 24hrs they had gotten 11" of rain in 3 days so that is a 100 year event

so while the TOTAL rainfall is beyond the charts, broken down, they had a 100year event and a 500year event back to back.

it's just a shitload of rain hope everyone is ok if they live in that area. Back when my wife was pregnant with my twins (who are now 11) we got hit with 14" of rain in 24hrs in my area- at the time my house had no roof on it- just a tarp covering the framing (were were putting on a 2nd floor to the house) tarp partially blew off, luckly only minor water damage to ceiling. the downtown area of my city was closed for a week due to flood waters (anything over like 4" of rain will flood the downtown area) so i know what it is like- luckily i live on a hill so i really cannot get flooded perse )walkout basement as well so at MOST i get 2 inches of water in the basement, then all i have to do is open the door and it flows out-i've only gotten a trace of water in the basement ever- and that was when a downspout broke.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
It isn't super terrible , though it is the most flood water I have seen in my lifetime that I can remember. I couldn't make it to work this morning because they had many of the main roads closed, and I wouldn't have been able to make it out to Kiawah island as that area is basically shut down. I did see this in the morning as I was attempting my way to work. KRA!

rrr_img_112043.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
Low of 30 and 27 this weekend with calls for rain and snow. Not sure what that says about how things are going to go this winter but I can't imagine it to be good. First snowfall last year was the big one in November (in WNY at least).

joz123

Potato del Grande
Snowed here in Vegas a few days ago. Today it is windy as hell and gonna be under 30 degrees at night. Shitty.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's so weird right now. It's fucking freezing here in California, but I called my mom in Raleigh on Christmas and it was 76 there.

El Nino is an asshole.