Weather

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last few days went 70s, 60s, 70s, now back down to 40s. Christmas has come and gone so now winter comes to say hello.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Holy cockballs. Ice storm here like crazy. We have about 3 inches of frozen rain on the ground and the roads are just wicked awful. Supposed to change to rain, and flooding all over the place.

woohoo!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy cockballs. Ice storm here like crazy. We have about 3 inches of frozen rain on the ground and the roads are just wicked awful. Supposed to change to rain, and flooding all over the place.

woohoo!
Same here, sleet / freezing rain. I wanted some snow but
not-like-this.gif

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Been unseasonably cold here in the PNW, especially considering that all the experts were saying El Nino was going to make things warmer than normal this winter. Skiers/Boarders are stoaked, especially after last season, but a lot of people keep getting stranded on the wrong side of the mountains as the passes all keep closing down.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Snowing too much at the "Sun" bowl yesterday in El Paso for the TV Camera to pick up the football.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yea, Texas got fucking wrecked this weekend. I was out enjoying the weather on Saturday, drinking some beers on the patio and tornado sirens started going off. Then all hell broke loose.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Power is out. Thanks be praised for whole house generator and wood stoves. Wind was just wicked here - I have five or six trees down - and the ice is even worse. Thick coating on everything. Probably won't have power until the 1st. boo.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
We just got a bit of wind, but that was enough to knock power and internet out for 2 days. I'd switch to another company but there is no other company for either.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Maryland and DC are clenching their asses together waiting for 18-24 inches this weekend.
This is going to be a fun weekend.

I'm in Maryland, and we got less than an inch of snow last night. I was driving home during the thick of it, and saw at least 8 cars skidded out on the side of the road, some of which look like they had taken other cars with them. Two assholes turning right on a red almost slid into me as I drove slowly through a green. Thank god I was going slowly enough to control my car and avoid them.

People in the DC/VA/MD area are shitty drivers in the best weather. I plan on getting home from work on Friday afternoon and not leaving my house till Monday morning.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
It didn't help that even though the forecast on Monday had snow showers set for Wed night all local municipalities decided to gamble and skip any salting or plowing. They were so focus on the Fri/Sat storm that absolutely nothing was done and a 1.5 inches turning into ice. Again I say this every year; it's not like the climate in the area changed over night. We know it snows. Sometimes a lot. Yet still we can't plan for this.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

I'm in Maryland, and we got less than an inch of snow last night. I was driving home during the thick of it, and saw at least 8 cars skidded out on the side of the road, some of which look like they had taken other cars with them. Two assholes turning right on a red almost slid into me as I drove slowly through a green. Thank god I was going slowly enough to control my car and avoid them.

People in the DC/VA/MD area are shitty drivers in the best weather. I plan on getting home from work on Friday afternoon and not leaving my house till Monday morning.
Yeah last night I was picking up my youngest kid from school when it started snowing, next thing you know it was defcon 1 and people were going crazy skidding and shit. Not leaving the house until Monday.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm a bit more northerly of the main track of the storm but I should see still 6 or so inches of snow this weekend. First real snow of the year too up here, it is going to be a madhouse out there.

I saw fricking salt trucks and plows staged on I-81 this morning, a full 48 hours before it is even supposed to start snowing - and at the northern edge of the storm in east-central PA, where it isn't going to get crazy - and thought, holy shit, they are going to milk the overtime out of this for all its worth because they haven't had a chance yet this winter and may not have another.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got out of a security meeting relating to the weather. They are thinking of sending one of us to fucking Capital Hill to sit in a hotel in case setting goes south at our data center up there.

They have to do it now since Amtrak stops running at 8 inches of snow.

They are going to "The Shining" someone.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is one of the only reasons I really miss living in Portland (Oregon). It rarely snowed there, but when it did, literally the whole fucking town shut down. It was awesome getting out of work over an inch or two of snow. Just a complete shitshow and it always struck me as hilarious that people would freak out over such a minuscule amount of snow.

Growing up in the mountain west was a completely different game. There could be a literal foot of snow on the ground and your boss would be like, "You're still coming in today, right?".

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in the 16-24" band but close to the "winter says hi" deep band. Guess what I expect to shift on Saturday.