Weather

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Final total was around 22 inches or so around here. Had to shovel my car out, then I had to help my parents shovel. Took like 4 hours. So f'ing tired X_X

Only plus is there was barely anyone on the highway.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_12664.jpg
rrr_img_12665.jpg
rrr_img_12666.jpg

Usually we get spared when hurricanes / snowstorms come up the coast, but Stratford, CT and the areas around it got the most snow anywhere (32 inches here, 38 nearby in Milford). Started counting out the number of times I tossed a pile of snow from the shovel, was at 800 when I took these photos. All told was about 6 hours worth to clear the driveway / path to the front door and I haven't even begun on the back deck / roof, which is going to have to wait until tomorrow. Tired as fuck, and definitely planning on getting a snow blower for next year. Just grateful we didn't lose power this time.

rrr_img_12664.jpg

rrr_img_12665.jpg

rrr_img_12666.jpg

Caliane

Still alive. Storm seems overbut a lot of snow still. House is 48 degrees. So it sucks but not intolerable yet. No way to heat the house without power right now exept squatting over a candle. There may be a friend or two to go to and a shelter opening soon but the roads dont seem clear enough.

News just said tonight will be colder.
Roads are not THAT bad. esp now before its too dark.(and icing) I would really recommend getting to a friend with powers.

Do you have sleeping bags/tents? both are designed to hold heat in, moreso then a bed spread. or room in general.
you can also pick one room as your living space. put up blankets on hte windows, doors, etc. seal it off. stay in that one room as much as possible, without opening it.

Caliane

no poisonous or constricting snakes, spiders, killer bees, fireants, alligators, scorpians, etc. its a fair tradeoff honestly.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
No cockroaches either.

last night the wind was blowing from the north, so the snow around my house isw weird on the west, south sides, the drifts removed most of the snow about15 feet from the house, then there isa ~4 foot pile ridge of snow. the north and east sides have normal amounts,I will post pictures tomorrow.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from buying some groceries, and stopping in at work to restart the server. US1 is a ghost town,

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
One of the main roads in Stratford, which also runs in front of my house wasn't a ghost town which kept me busy watching dumb-asses get stuck on the very narrowly citizen plowed path that left no room for passing. They would get stuck in the snow drifts and have to be shoveled out which caused tons of backup
TrainWreck1.gif

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Checking in. House at 42?. Got a "warm room" set up with blankets and candles. There is a shelter down the road if I really need it. Word is no power for 48 more hours. So may need to abandon the house to look for a hotel or just go to the shelter tomorrow.

Checking in. House at 42?. Got a "warm room" set up with blankets and candles. There is a shelter down the road if I really need it. Word is no power for 48 more hours. So may need to abandon the house to look for a hotel or just go to the shelter tomorrow.
stay warm bro and run if you see a Yeti.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It isnt too bad under several blankets with a few layers of clothes. But out here in the big openness of the kitchen /dining area to grab a snack its a bit chilly and I can see my breath >.<

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was 40s in my house that whole week i lost power from Sandy, it sucked bigtime, worst part was having nothing to do other than read by candle light, sleep and go to work

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It isnt too bad under several blankets with a few layers of clothes. But out here in the big openness of the kitchen /dining area to grab a snack its a bit chilly and I can see my breath >.<
Try not to explode your pipes bro.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are those bird spiders? My wife would just die from a heart attack that or get the shot gun and start firing at all of them...