Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I realize it is warmer here than what several of you experiencing (It is 11 degrees F/ wind chill "0")....I can't even write the word 11 without thinking of this:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Colorado just got through a fun cold snap. Yesterday was -7 to 4 out. Up to 27 right now, and 40s for the next few days. Was up near 80 at the end of November. Our weather is always schizo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Temperature spiked +30 this morning to 60 degrees today then crashed -20 in less than 2 hours.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was 70F here at 4am. At 6 am it was 35F. Now it's 28F and pouring down rain hard. Fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Chilly in Las Vegas; even the Tropicana Avenue hookers are taking the night off.

Low about 20 tonight, high in the low 50s tomorrow.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
We've had 5 days now where it never broke freezing so far this month. Usually we see that every other year in Feb and our December is 40's/50s. I hope the weather pattern changes soon. Otherwise I may file for Kentucky Eskimo Association recovery.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We are looking at potential record highs for the 3rd day out of the last 4. Not trying to be a dick, it is unusually warm and almost late Spring humid. The weather pattern is seriously fucked up.

• 1Like

Borzak

32F and raining and we're supposed to get several inches later today with a low of 22F tonight and tomorrow. Sounds like fun on the road.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Supposed to get 1-2" last night, basically got nothing as it went north. Supposed to get 1-2" tomorrow while people to the south get 6-12" and I'll bet we get nothing again. I swear there's a deflector shield buried somewhere near me.

• 1Like

Borzak

Just walked outside, had about 4" of solid ice on the driveway. Limbs starting to fall. Had a tornado earlier this week, this is going to be killer tree damage.

• 1Like

Malakriss

In the 20s last weekend, hit 73 today, freezing rain forecasted for Sat, 50s and 60s next week.

• 1Like

Cybsled

So does Portland never get snow? They got a foot and you'd think it was Armageddon the way the news is handling things.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
60 out today in Jersey. Tonight into tomorrow 8-10 inches of snow.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I really doubt this has gone national yet, but I'm closely watching the spillway at the Oroville Dam in northern California. It's the tallest dam in the US, and the spillway has a serious erosion problem that chopped it in half. Now the spillway which could originally handle 250,000 cubic feet per second of water now can barely manage 50,000 cfs.

Spillway crumbling but flows resume as DWR balances flood threat

California Department of Water Resources

Oroville Dam - Wikipedia

Google Maps

The inflow/outflow differences in the following link are concerning to me. In the press release they stated that the outflow is around 70,000 cfs, but the inflow peak yesterday was 190,000 cfs. That's quite a difference - the lake has to be rising - right? The emergency spillway is only dumping 10,000 cfs. What's happening with the rest of the water? Is emergency spillway erosion going to push southeast enough to affect the dam?!

CDEC - Data Application

God, I refreshed that cdec.water.ca.gov page and it now states the inflow for yesterday was 127,000 cfs. I had that window open earlier this morning and it was showing 195,000 cfs. I know it states that the data is preliminary, but they were off by 75,000 cfs. Or were they? Who knows.

Edit: image, because why not. This is what it looked like when they ran tests down the spillway.

sjm-orospill-02101.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users