Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can't tell a difference satiety wise. Eating more tasty stuff is always good. I went from 8:30 PM Wednesday til after 11PM Thursday without eating and wasn't even that hungry when I got home. I upped the calories because it's apparently better for me and because dropping them super low wasn't giving me amazing results anymore, but I'm pretty confident I could eat 500 calories a day and be fine if it meant I'd lose like 6 lbs a week. I just don't think about food in that way right now, all I care about is getting the weight off. Once I get down to where I want to be and I start bulking back up then I can start relishing it again.

Lol, how can you not see that you're exercising less (if that hiit is all you've done), eating more and still dropping weight

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
And just as an aside, 1lb of weight lost is roughly 3500 calories. 500 less calories a day would be 1lb a week, not a 4lb difference.

Once the water weight is gone, you could literally starve yourself and unless you are doing moderate or higher physical activity, you're going to cap out at 6lbs a week. That's not even remotely healthy hahah. 1-2lbs a week is what every doctor in the world who knows anything about nutrition is going to tell you. 3 is phenomenal and means you are combating something medical. Expecting 4lbs or more a week after water weight loss is just not understanding how weight loss works.

BUT. Congrats on upping the calories and maintaining your loss rate Gilg. If you weren't in a gigantic hurry, I would honestly say that the -best- method is just figuring out what weight you want to be at and the activity level you want to maintain at that weight, and then aim your caloric needs around that. It will slow down your loss rate a bit, but it is infinitely more sustainable in the long run. Though at your size, I think 1.5-2lbs a week is optimal because higher than 300lb guys who aren't born and bred giant gym rats is fairly unhealthy as a baseline. Keep at it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Lol, how can you not see that you're exercising less (if that hiit is all you've done), eating more and still dropping weight

I'm not exercising less. Dunno where you got that idea. I plan to be more and more active as the weight falls off. I'm just doing the HIIT in place of the boring ass eliptical. I've done my lifting, taken my dog to the local park to hike twice this week(met a chick there too, we'll see how that goes). Also tried some yoga this morning but I tweaked my back about three weeks ago and it's still giving me shit when I move wrong.

It's pretty much impossible for me to say "that's enough" right now when it comes to exercising. If I'm home and I'm not otherwise occupied I'm probably on my bench listening to a podcast lifting something. I want to do with my chest what I've started doing with my arms, so doing a bunch of dumbbell flies. My bench form is off apparently because it doesn't ever burn in my chest. I've tried arching my back, pinching my shoulders together, etc, I just can't get those muscles to engage like I can with flies. Sometimes when benching I get the outer part of my chest to engage, but never the center.

Rezz Rezz thanks for the kind words. I don't know wtf I'm doing but I am definitely dedicated.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Fat guy get's active: will he survive? No, says internet forum expert! Death and dismemberment sure to follow!

What you don't get is that I feel fucking great. And since I feel fucking great I'm going to do stuff, usually productive stuff. If I feel sore or tired or like shit, I won't. I sit at a desk 55 hours a week, there is literally no negative consequence to me being physically active the rest of the time. My best friend from high school switched jobs from corporate environment to a DC manager where he was basically walking around a gigantic fucking warehouse all day at 300+ lbs. He walked like 12 miles a day. Amazingly he lost a fuck ton of weight. Shockingly he did not go into a coma and die from OVEREXERCISING ZOMG. I am not going to die because I lift moderate weights 4-5 times a week and I'm actually moving around every day.

Seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Do you know fat people who suddenly die from getting active? Has there ever, in history, been a case where a fat person was better off being less active? Fuck off.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Do you know fat people who suddenly die from getting active? Has there ever, in history, been a case where a fat person was better off being less active? Fuck off.

I don't get why you post here, complain about your progress, get advice posted by multiple people and then just ignore everything and continue what you're doing.

Could care less, bored of your shit, blocked

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I don't get why you post here, complain about your progress, get advice posted by multiple people and then just ignore everything and continue what you're doing.

Could care less, bored of your shit, blocked

I post here because I've posted here for 15 years asshole, and the only one being a fucking nazi about how I live my life is you. If you want to add something to the conversation add it, but your attitude is dogshit. Somehow I will survive this weight loss process without you and your sage wisdom, shithead. I have changed my methodology due to added information, just not to the level you seem to deem appropriate. You are a typical internet wannabe expert asshole.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Haven't posted in awhile but I'm now eating around ~1500-1700 cal a day, and will do ~2000 or so once I'm in the 240s per doctors orders, so to speak. I was 273.0 3 weeks ago, 272.2 about 2.5 weeks ago, 270.0 last saturday. So at this point, looks like it's going to be 1-2lb a week. I'm down with that.

And for you Gilg, grats on your progress. I'm not going to have an attitude, but do read up on exercising while on keto. It's not "forbidden" but you really don't want to screw it up. You seriously can do much more harm than good if you're not careful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

And for you Gilg, grats on your progress. I'm not going to have an attitude, but do read up on exercising while on keto. It's not "forbidden" but you really don't want to screw it up. You seriously can do much more harm than good if you're not careful.

You can exercise on keto, the biggest issue being that it takes 4-6 weeks minimum to adapt to using fat for energy over carbs.

This means 4-6 weeks of underperformance, think of it like trying to use an electric Razer that is almost depleted. But there's no harmful potential, the reality is that isn't optimal and that most people don't need to go keto to begin with

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
First week back at the PT gym done, down this morning 79.4kg from 80kg, which is probably the maximum I should be aiming for. 1lb a week would be ideal.

I've been eating 11 calories per lb body weight, will probably increase to 12.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I feel like I already asked this, but I couldn't find it.

Do any of you Keto folk have trouble with electrolytes? I constantly have twitchy legs, so have been trying to boost potassium etc, but nothing seems to work.

I did chicken broth back in the cool months when I started, then ordered some electro mix stuff that was way too expensive, then started doing my own stuff: Half a teaspoon of nosalt, salt, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of stevia powder. Drink 3 pint glasses of that stuff a day, which should be like 2 or 3 grams of potassium? Also take a magnesium supplement. I must be just peeing it all away.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Bout two more lbs this week. Also I'm making the call that this is a visible bicep muscle. If you can't see it fuck you. It's weird my arms are actually more defined on the backside than the bicep, maybe due to benching? I dunno. Honestly if my arms would just stay the same size(more muscle less fat obviously) and I lost the weight on my torso I'd be completely satisfied. Know I'll have to have skin removed on my gut but I think arms and legs may be okay.
baby_bicep.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Do any of you Keto folk have trouble with electrolytes? I constantly have twitchy legs, so have been trying to boost potassium etc, but nothing seems to work.

I did chicken broth back in the cool months when I started, then ordered some electro mix stuff that was way too expensive, then started doing my own stuff: Half a teaspoon of nosalt, salt, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of stevia powder. Drink 3 pint glasses of that stuff a day, which should be like 2 or 3 grams of potassium? Also take a magnesium supplement. I must be just peeing it all away.
Are you sure you're not just dehydrated?

Also I have restless leg syndrome, so I'm aware of how annoying twitchy legs are. I'm assuming you mean involuntary muscle spasms as opposed to my constant need to shake my legs though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea just a little spazzery. Mostly notice it when trying to sleep. I have a couple cups of tea + 3 pints of that watery stuff a day. That should be enough right?

I didn't mention it before but I often have a very heavy heartbeat. Not fast or irregular, just very ... poundy? That has actually gotten better over time. It was a constant annoyance when I first started.

Caliane

huh. was going to say, 3 pints is nothing... but, looking, It may be me who drinks far more water in a day then a normal person.
I am pretty sure I drink more like 9-10pints a day. (US)

2 10oz cups of coffee for breakfast.
16oz pint glass while working.
16ish oz protein shake.
1-2 more pint glasses while working in afternoon. (sometimes brewed icetea)
24oz water bottle after run
2-3 pints with dinner.
another 10oz or so in the evening.

a solid 160oz/day average..
I'm seeing "no more then 6 in a day", 4 is normal/ideal, etc.. not sure how correct any of this is.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've been maintaining my diet of roughly 1600 calories a day for the last two weeks now while I've been on vacation. I had a few days where I ended up closer to 1200 and two days where I was between 1900-2100 calories. I've lost 4lbs so far which is nice but probably a little faster than I'd like. Either way I've got 8lbs to go to reach my current goal, after that I'll reevaluate and then probably try to lose another 5-10lbs.

I've been taking Claritin D due to allergies, and I think it's killing my appetite, some days I can go almost the whole day w/o eating and not really notice.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decades of the sugar industry paying off Harvard researchers. Conspiracy to make us and the bank accounts of sugar industry fat. This actually happened, kinda crazy:
How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat

Now we just wait for the Aaron sorkin produced drama starring Jonah hill
This is all very old news. You can mainly thank Archer Daniel Midland for the massive consumption of HFCS, and government tariffs keeping imported sugar at ridiculous prices so that we're all cornfed mules.

Did my thesis on this exact subject.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I dont have this problem. The things my doctor has me take every day contain...

3,340 IU Vitamin A
100mg Vitamin C
680 IU VItamin D
140 IU Vitamin E
32mg Thiamin
6mg Riboflavin
40mg Niacin
36mg Vitamin B6
1,000µg Folate
134µg Vitamin B12
260µg Biotin
130mg Pantothenic Acid