Weight Loss Thread

Feien

Ploppers
Does anyone have a good source of weight-loss recipes. Feeling uninspired here, and the search I'm doing always results in subscriptions, paywalls, or something dumb like that. It's ok if a sub or something is needed, I understand that's the deal these days, but I'm hoping to find something that works, and not something that's mostly going after my wallet.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Does anyone have a good source of weight-loss recipes. Feeling uninspired here, and the search I'm doing always results in subscriptions, paywalls, or something dumb like that. It's ok if a sub or something is needed, I understand that's the deal these days, but I'm hoping to find something that works, and not something that's mostly going after my wallet.
Simplest is always going to be calorie counting. Just look up the calories per weight of anything you want to cook, really. Plenty of free lists out there for lowest calorie foods as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Depends on your long term goals. Are you just looking to lose weight or are you also planning on working out or being more active? If you want to also work out and be more active, you'll want to look at recipes that are higher protein without spiking your calories. But at the end of the day, your best bet for losing weight is just portion control and counting calories, but try to avoid sugar/processed shit.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'd just look up meals for Whole30, Paleo, and Mediterranean Diet. There are tons of free recipes around for them. You don't have to actually follow those diets, but they'll give you recipes consisting of lots of protein and veg that you can customize as you like. Track the calories as you go and prosper.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What they said. I more or less did the samething. Mainly focused on tapering down/reducing the amount of shit/processed stuff I was eating (damn you delicious chocolate and late night snacks). Also worked into intermitent fasting as my method of calorie restriction but also other benefits. It isn't for everyone but I'd say it's work a shot for a month or 2 if you don't have any health concerns that could be exacerbated.

Whatever your weakness is food wise, just get it out of the house. Also, don't beat yourself up about not sticking to whatever your plan is. Get back on your feet and keep moving forward, you'll get there.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
GPT is pretty good at recipes, in particular helpful if you have any restrictions or preferences. It can also give you the nutritional data along with it.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Just wanted to pop into this thread to offer everyone struggling with some hope and motivation.

You can do it. It won’t be easy. It won’t be fast. But you can do it.

1691077801811.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am about a month in to cutting out as much pre-processed, chemical laden food as possible. Just buying the raw materials and cooking at home. Combined it with intermittent fasting and riding a bike morning and evening. Dropped about 6 of the 15 pounds I want to lose so far. Area here is pretty hilly and the biking is a challenge. All in all, feeling generally better than I did a month ago.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I worked a labor job for many many years and I've been out of it completely now for a year. Splitting firewood was this spring was absolutely embarrassing, hopefully no one saw it. Decided right then and there I can't exist like that, so started lifting for the first time in my life. Bought a bunch of shit for the home, bench, squat rack, bunch of weights, found a program that works for me.

I've lost exactly 0lbs, but my gut is almost complete gone, you can definitely tell I used to have abs again, and for the first time in 10 years, I'm not in pain every day.

Doing that has forced me to look at nutrition and I'm making the slow changes away from the usual processed shit to a lot more fruits/vegetables and straight up pure protein and I honestly just feel like I shoulda been doing this years ago, even though I didn't *need* to because of the job.

I've settled into a routine of working out and studying chess in between sets and I feel like I'm a better man than I've ever been, mentally and physically.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I worked a labor job for many many years and I've been out of it completely now for a year. Splitting firewood was this spring was absolutely embarrassing, hopefully no one saw it. Decided right then and there I can't exist like that, so started lifting for the first time in my life. Bought a bunch of shit for the home, bench, squat rack, bunch of weights, found a program that works for me.

I've lost exactly 0lbs, but my gut is almost complete gone, you can definitely tell I used to have abs again, and for the first time in 10 years, I'm not in pain every day.

Doing that has forced me to look at nutrition and I'm making the slow changes away from the usual processed shit to a lot more fruits/vegetables and straight up pure protein and I honestly just feel like I shoulda been doing this years ago, even though I didn't *need* to because of the job.

I've settled into a routine of working out and studying chess in between sets and I feel like I'm a better man than I've ever been, mentally and physically.
I have a routine now of biking the hills around my house M-F and kayaking a local river either Sat or Sun. One hour down the river = 2 hours back up the river. Never kayaked in my life. I dig it more than the bike to be honest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Can we talk about Wegovy/Ozempic? Its been off my radar but I'm hearing about it everywhere now. Are any of you on it? My insurance won't pay for Ozempic unless you have diabetes (which I don't have). Shit is expensive at 900 a month or so?

I have 40lbs to lose, and yes I know "just eat less bro".

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can we talk about Wegovy/Ozempic? Its been off my radar but I'm hearing about it everywhere now. Are any of you on it? My insurance won't pay for Ozempic unless you have diabetes (which I don't have). Shit is expensive at 900 a month or so?

I have 40lbs to lose, and yes I know "just eat less bro".
There was a page or two of discussion about it in another thread (forget which one). It had pretty solid info (search should find it).

Reader's digest version. It impacts insulin creation and the side effect is it limits how much you eat by making you puke if you eat more than a small amount. It also slows digestion of what you ate (if you didn't puke it up) so you don't feel hungry for longer.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
There was a page or two of discussion about it in another thread (forget which one). It had pretty solid info (search should find it).

Reader's digest version. It impacts insulin creation and the side effect is it limits how much you eat by making you puke if you eat more than a small amount. It also slows digestion of what you ate (if you didn't puke it up) so you don't feel hungry for longer.

Yeah I was in that discussion, which is why I wanted to get more in-depth here where it belongs. I think in that discussion only one user revealed themselves. I want more to come out and share with their FoH brothers

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The biggest problem I see with these drugs is that once you are on them, you are on them for life.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah I was in that discussion, which is why I wanted to get more in-depth here where it belongs. I think in that discussion only one user revealed themselves. I want more to come out and share with their FoH brothers
It is huge right now to get it from compounding pharmacies. Insurance won't pay for it, but it can be had for way cheaper if they combine it with vitamin b12 or b2 or D. My wife's friens took it and got it for less than $100 a month. Additionally, the savings on food can be substantial from the stories I've been told.