What book did you just buy?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
still waiting on Book 5 of aToFaI a dance with dragons. i got it for 14 bucks used off amazon. but they said i will receive it between dec 21 and jan 8. motherfucker!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i got an early christmas present waiting for me when i got home tonight. Dance with dragons has arrived!

shattuck_sl

shitlord
The Law by Frederic Bastiat, a French economist/philosopher. Short read, basically talks about the ideal role of government in a society

Toga

Trakanon Raider
I bought a hardback copy of Wheel of Time: Eye of the World (Book1) for my nephew for Christmas. He's 13.
Let's hope I can convince him to give reading for fun a shot, and spend some time away from the XBox.

Rooster_sl

shitlord
Been trying to convince myself to start the Wheel of Time series. Got the demo on my Kindle, and found it a lil hard to get hooked. I assume it picks up a lil ways into the book? Its been a few months since I read demo, but I remember something about a man waking up surrounded by bodies, and learning he killed them all?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Been trying to convince myself to start the Wheel of Time series. Got the demo on my Kindle, and found it a lil hard to get hooked. I assume it picks up a lil ways into the book? Its been a few months since I read demo, but I remember something about a man waking up surrounded by bodies, and learning he killed them all?
Hope you love reading about hair and what color peoples clothes are.
Also,I just bought the entire King Henry series of books, read the first one and now im hooked.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just finished reading
rrr_img_9666.jpg

Just started reading
rrr_img_9665.jpg

and
rrr_img_9667.jpg

Smocca_sl

shitlord
How is Kafka on the Shore? I've only read 1Q84 of Murakami's which, at best, I'd say I have mixed feelings about. Everyone says Kafka on the Shore is excellent so I'm wondering if I should give that a shot.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How is Kafka on the Shore? I've only read 1Q84 of Murakami's which, at best, I'd say I have mixed feelings about. Everyone says Kafka on the Shore is excellent so I'm wondering if I should give that a shot.
It was good, but maybe a bit too magical/metaphysical for my tastes. I might have to read it again to absorb it all...but when I have the dictionary that is Kissinger's bio in queue, who knows when I can get back to Kafka.

Vinkus

Golden Knight of the Realm
For Christmas I bought my kids The Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones the Earthsea books by Ursula K. Le Guin. For myself I ordered Empires of Sand by David Ball and need to get around to reading it once I finish the last Wheel of Time book.

Been on a Biography tear recently, found 'The Dirt' (Motley Crue bio) in a used bin for $2, fast read. Disappointed it wasn't more 'graphic', some of the legendary stories of their debauchery are noticeably absent. Hammer of the Gods (Led Zep) and No One Here Gets Out Alive (Doors / Morrison) were much better reads.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Been on a Biography tear recently, found 'The Dirt' (Motley Crue bio) in a used bin for $2, fast read. Disappointed it wasn't more 'graphic', some of the legendary stories of their debauchery are noticeably absent. Hammer of the Gods (Led Zep) and No One Here Gets Out Alive (Doors / Morrison) were much better reads.
I was going to buy The Heroin Diaries (Nikki Sixx bio) not long ago but didn't get around to it.

I'll say it again...my favorite biography is Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Love Apple or hate Apple, the man lived an amazing life. Isaacson didn't leave out the nasty either. Lots of interviews from his rivals (Billy Gates for example).

slitevik_sl

shitlord
Just bought Stephen King - The Stand. Never been in to any of his books except Pet Sematary, but as far as I have seen, I am missing alot if I dont read any of his best books.

dnL

Molten Core Raider
Murakami's Norwegian Wood is really good, as well. I'd also recommend that after or before Kafka on the Shore.

nescio_sl

shitlord
I've read most of Murakami's novels and Kafka On the Shore was probably my least favorite of his more 'bigger novels. I always recommend Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.

The last surviving victim of an experiment that implanted the subjects' heads with electrodes that decipher coded messages is the unnamed narrator of this excellent book by Murakami, one of Japan's best-selling novelists and winner of the prestigious Tanizaki prize. Half the chapters are set in Tokyo, where the narrator negotiates underground worlds populated by INKlings, dodges opponents of both sides of a raging high-tech infowar, and engages in an affair with a beautiful librarian with a gargantuan appetite. In alternating chapters he tries to reunite with his mind and his shadow, from which he has been severed by the grim, dark "replacement" consciousness implanted in him by a dotty neurophysiologist. Both worlds share the unearthly theme of unicorn skulls that moan and glow.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if it is any good or not, but Sasha A Trial of Blood and Steel is available for free on the Kindle (at least in the Canadian store).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bought hard boiled wonderland based in the recommendation above :)

Its gonna be awhile before I get to it though. Still reading White Tiger and Kissinger. Since getting a tablet I just can't stop buying books :p

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Went to a local used book store that had a sale and saw some Fyodor Dostoevsky books. Bought The Brothers Karamazov, the idiot, and crime and punishment for $6.00.