What class and race are you playing?

Will be running human chanter and cleric. Race change later.

*Couldn't remember my old info so just made a new account. Yay for starting over :/ *

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Anyone switching classes or races during expansions? I will defiantly be switching to Beastlord in Luclin.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty set on monk/shaman with a buddy. Is this still a power house like it was in previous expansions.

Korrupt Korrupt @Zaide as soon as I have a server launch date I intend to out in some time off from work. I wanna go as hard as I can, which is probably pretty casual by some standards. Hope to do this server right instead of messing around with plebs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noahx

N00b
With this locked at PoP - I can only expect an eventual slew of Rangers to appear as they are OP in that era. It'd be interesting to get a short write-up of how each class morphs thru expansions like Bards go from buff bot...to kiter... to master puller/dps mod. Monks might look more like pullers/top DPS... pullers/good DPS... to just good dps at the end.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
With this locked at PoP - I can only expect an eventual slew of Rangers to appear as they are OP in that era. It'd be interesting to get a short write-up of how each class morphs thru expansions like Bards go from buff bot...to kiter... to master puller/dps mod. Monks might look more like pullers/top DPS... pullers/good DPS... to just good dps at the end.

Great thought and I will more than likely be playing a ranger for this reason. (that and I never played one primarily).

Classes do evolve quite a bit throughout these expansions and probably for the better. The only thing I can't remember is how Pallys/SKs turn out in PoP. There was a time when we had a SK main tank for us in tight spots but don't remember if that surfaced in PoP or not.

I hate playing the overpopulated class though but there's still some time to decide. Just happy to see so many people fired up for this server.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
Most likely with Innoruuk do to Paladin and Shadow knights being immune to fear

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Halfling druid. I want as little responsibility as possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking to play casually and I can't decide if I should box. I really want to play an SK, bard or monk but I don't know what the culture will be like so I might box a cleric. If the server is packed enough and clerics are rare, I'd rather main a cleric just so I don't have to wait long to get a group. Tough choices.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
With all the training that should be going on like phinigel, I'd recommend dark elf for innate hiding. Extremely useful for efreeti since no mobs see invis there (not classic). Also heard the guise is relatively more rare than before, I didnt camp it on phinigel but on ragefire it dropped like candy and people said on phinigel it was harder to get. They dont remove it until like 1/4th into kunark.

rad

Lord of Guk
With all the training that should be going on like phinigel, I'd recommend dark elf for innate hiding. Extremely useful for efreeti since no mobs see invis there (not classic). Also heard the guise is relatively more rare than before, I didnt camp it on phinigel but on ragefire it dropped like candy and people said on phinigel it was harder to get. They dont remove it until like 1/4th into kunark.

I camped guise quite a bit and the rates were all the over the place. I could have drought and never see an ass; then others where I get 3 in a row and they rot because someone can't get there in time. 90% of them went to guildies though, had a queue like 10 deep one day, so most just camped a toon there.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I have time it'd be Wizard, Enchanter or Necro. Enchanters will probably be over represented again but I love crowd control in vanilla EQ. Necromancer is the only class I haven't played so it'd be fun to do something different. We'll see, won't know until they announce the release date.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
DE Mask was super easy to get on Phinny. We had necro's soloing that and towards Frenzy with charm pets and they would just make lists to hand out to guild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users