What classes from all other MMOs would you bring back into a new Game?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You are tasked with picking classes from any and all previous MMOs. You're only know that you have to make sure their is a trinity and an multiple choices for Tanks,Support,Healing,DPS. There are no factions and the combat/game mechanics will be designed after you make your initial choices.
This is what I would have so far. Need a few more classes to fill in some holes I think.

Tanks

• Templar (Aion) -Warrior Class that had different moves depending on the weapon equiped. Not a slave to cooldowns in tanking and was much more interactive than most warrior classes without resorting to spam attacks.
  • Black Orc (Warhammer Online) - Warrior classes that was focused more on Stuns and snares and debuffs then straight up taking damage, Used a combo system to lead up to a powerful stun or debuff

Healers

• Priest (World of Warcraft) - Interactive healing class with mobility and good AE heals and shields to prevent damage.
  • Cleric (Everquest) -Less mobile but more defensive and much better single target heals and buffs, wears plate and has Divine Aura to save himself.
  • Disciple of Khaine (Warhammer Online) Melee focuesed group healer able to DPS down mobs while keeping players up.

Support

• Bard (Everquest) - Hands down best support class ever made, Ability to buff up groups, Pull and even solo with ease.
  • Enchanter(Everquest) - Same with the bard, This class was the definition of support with mezzes stuns and charms

DPS

• Rogue (World of Warcraft) Fun button mashing DPS class with a lot more abilities than DPS classes that came before him.
  • Herald of Xotli(Age of Conan) Cloth wearing mage with a two handed sword that turned into Cthulhu to decapitate people and use fire AE spells
  • Wizard(Everquest) Same as the cleric, nothing fancy but very good at what he does and that is blow things up. Has limited support with teleports.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Healer

- Disciple of Kaine (WAR)
- Disciple (Vanguard)
- Bloodmage (Vanguard)
- Chloromancer (Rift)
- Chanter (Aion)
- Funnel Health Nightshade (TESO)

Tank
- Chosen (WAR) *Twisting auras together like EQ Bard*
- Ninja (FFXI)
- Hammer Guardian (GW2) *Pinnacle of area control in a game
- Morph Druid (Diablo 2)

DPS
- Inquisitor/Cabal Cleric (Rift)
- Battle Cleric (Vanguard)
- Infiltrator (Planetside) *Permanently invisible (fluxuates based on movement) drops battlefield gadgets explosives and restricted equipment (pistols only etc)
- Necromancer (Vanguard) Able to outfit his zombie with customizable gear
- Mesmer (GW2) Clones and clone swapping and manipulation
- Monk (Vanguard) Most attacks off GCD gave a real action feel to chaining combos together

Support
- Bard (Vanguard) Able to write custom songs to do multiple effects in one song
- Robotics (GA) / Engineer (TF2) Very valuable deployable turrets and healing/ammo terminals and damage absorbing shields

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'd get rid of any DPS class. Should be tank/healer/support (or classes that are a mix - I had some real fun groups with two druids sharing healing duties). Everyone is DPS.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Healer

- Disciple (Vanguard)
- Bloodmage (Vanguard)
- Chloromancer (Rift)
- Chanter (Aion)

Tank
- Ninja (FFXI)
- Morph Druid (Diablo 2)

DPS
- Battle Cleric (Vanguard)
- Infiltrator (Planetside) *Permanently invisible (fluxuates based on movement) drops battlefield gadgets explosives and restricted equipment (pistols only etc)
- Mesmer (GW2) Clones and clone swapping and manipulation
- Monk (Vanguard) Most attacks off GCD gave a real action feel to chaining combos together

Support
- Robotics (GA) / Engineer (TF2) Very valuable deployable turrets and healing/ammo terminals and damage absorbing shields
thats 18 classes.

Can you slim that down to 12?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Healer

- Purifier Cleric (Rift) *Damage absorb shield master

Tank
- Justicar Cleric (Rift)

DPS

Support

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'd get rid of any DPS class. Should be tank/healer/support (or classes that are a mix - I had some real fun groups with two druids sharing healing duties). Everyone is DPS.
This is worth repeating. Get rid of the dps role by giving it to everyone, and give all classes other toolsets. Original trinity didnt mention dps by the way, that's a WoW thing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't even know if they were OP, I just liked their mechanics. My static group was me (Pal tank), another forum guy (Cleric), and dps, so I never really saw them in groups
They weren't OP at all early on... in fact BM and Disc were some of the least played classes. Cleric had the ability to Full heal groups for next to nothing - go invulnerable - and one shot anyone in PVP with a 2hmace.

Later on, during the first raid zone release, BM's were required for progression. Disc's as well. Mainly due to mana issues for clerics.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I'll always compare wizard/mage/sorcerer classes to my elementalist from GW2. He had such incredible mobility with daggers and such devestating AE with staff. The complexity of the class due to the stance switching made it feel like many situation were a chess match because if I switched to water to heal myself I'd be locked out of it for a bit, same with earth for buffs/stuns.

I also liked the warrior in WoW. The mechanic of generating resource based on damage taken is interesting.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Because I'm filled with hatred...

Healer and Thane from DAOC.

Oh and Necromancer from DAOC. I fucking loved that spin on the class.

Caliane

I'd really try to break molds I suppose.

Rift had a few that were really good at this.
Chloromancer mages. healing via dps.
Riftstalker. teleporting, area pulling, taunting, tank rogues. fun as hell.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOTRO Captain. Though I would give them a different signature weapon than a goddamn halberd. I loved that class at LOTRO's launch, it was able to do a bit of everything all at once. And you had your own personal herald, which by itself was awesome as hell.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
LOTRO Captain. Though I would give them a different signature weapon than a goddamn halberd. I loved that class at LOTRO's launch, it was able to do a bit of everything all at once. And you had your own personal herald, which by itself was awesome as hell.
Just please remove the constant screaming. Most annoying class sounds ever.

Anyway, I'd bring in most of the "healer" classes from City of Heroes (except empathy). While they all had some minor, incidental heals, they mostly "healed" by preventing damage by using knockbacks, knockups, stuns, roots, mind controls, etc. I guess more of a control/heal hybrid, but it was a refreshing difference from refilling health bars that you get in most games.