What color is this dress

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats a neat optical illusion, the dress in the OP looks whitish and goldish. i look at the blue and black dress image and now the OP dress is blue and blackish.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_91430.jpg

Ghork

Molten Core Raider
its mostly white and gold, however if i scroll down then just scroll up to the buttom of the pic, its blue and black and stays that way when i scroll up to see the full pic

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh, I know that I have strong color weakness, but it hardly has any effect on my daily life.
WTF is color weakness? is that some PC colorblind shit?

You're either
totally dog grey shit colorblind
red-green i can't see christmas colors shit
blue-yellow water and sunset i'll never see

just posted in the science thread where they have magic fucking glasses to let red-green colorblind fucks like myself see them, but here's the test link

red-green
http://www.color-blindness.com/ishih...500&height=428

here is that pantone hue test to give you results
http://www.color-blindness.com/fm100...980&height=500

there really is no blue yellow colorblindness test, if you think you are, then you hit the colorblind lottery.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
God damn it. I had looked at 10 different pictures of this thing on various screens and it always looked 100% gold and white to me. Then just now I was fast scrolling through my facebook feed and saw a blue and black dress flash by. Now it's blue and black in every picture. I don't care what you cool kids say, that's fuckin weird.

Cybsled

The original post image looks like a blueish white and a dirty gold. I dunno where the fuck people are seeing black...are you using 20 year old CRT monitors or something?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The original post image looks like a blueish white and a dirty gold. I dunno where the fuck people are seeing black...are you using 20 year old CRT monitors or something?
No, our brain is properly subtracting the yellow light from the image. I have one of the most difficult to calibrate monitors made in recent years and it still looks blue and black.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
God damn it. I had looked at 10 different pictures of this thing on various screens and it always looked 100% gold and white to me. Then just now I was fast scrolling through my facebook feed and saw a blue and black dress flash by. Now it's blue and black in every picture. I don't care what you cool kids say, that's fuckin weird.
Similar thing happened to me, only in reverse. I was passively scrolling through and noticed it was white and gold; focused a little and it turned back to black and blue.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No, our brain is properly subtracting the yellow light from the image. I have one of the most difficult to calibrate monitors made in recent years and it still looks blue and black.
Or is it that the other side is properly seeing the light shine through the fabric? Seems sad that some people can't see sunlight
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That is an interesting philosophical question. Which is gayer? Straight dudes looking at pictures of dresses or straight dudes looking at pictures of hot chicks who just happen to have dicks?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why is looking at a dress gay? as long as nobody is talking about wanting to wear a dress its perfectly normal to comment on the color of a dress. sorry mist, your attempt to put us in a gaytrap has failed.