What do you do?

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
In my experience, the acquiring firm will not want separate accounting programs (or any, really) from their global structure. If they are large enough to do a buy out for another company, it's usually a fair assumption they have their own practices in place that you will assimilate into, not the other way around. Hopefully you don't lose your job because of any of that though, because that's shitty.
Yeah, Ingram had revenues of 46B last year, safe to say they're pretty large. You're right in that they won't want separate accounting systems, but their billing manager was in our office and based on her observations it won't be a simple matter of loading up a new module in SAP to integrate our stuff into theirs, it will be a pretty big job. That alone gives me a bit of security as they will need my help for the transition/integration period at the least. If I can make a good impression in that time then who knows, might lead to something with them.

If I do lose my job, at least the unemployment in Switzerland is pretty great, I would get 70% of my normal salary for 12 months after losing my job, so that takes some of the pressure off at least.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to script a SL strip club where people can in-game purchase the girls to do certain things and then hook some machine learning up to it so the strip club becomes self aware of new dances and scripting which will sell the best
I'm sure something like that is already done usingLSL Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI - Second Life Wiki

Do we need to start an SL thread now? heh.

In January of 2016 I start down the path to become a Real Estate Appraiser. I have been in finance (Mortgages, Retail Bank Manager, Commercial Finance & Leasing) the past 17 years so I am excited to stop selling people money. This will be a significant hit to my income for the first 6 months, after a year it will get better and then after 2 years when I am a Certified Appraiser the income should be back to six figures.
Let us know if those appraisals the government does on our property is a load of bullshit which we all think it is.
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know if anything will come of it but I am intrigued enough to pop into the game to check it out this weekend. Truth be told I don't have much time to do extra work outside my real job, but we will see. Things are good now but hopefully you have something to fall back on?

If there is demand I don't see why we can't have a SL thread, just be prepared to be mocked to oblivion.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF gave me a very helpful tour last night. He even offered to stop by the cock store, but I said no (wife was in the room). From a programming perspective is very nice and complex the things you can achieve. As a business there is definitely opportunity.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd like it if we named it Rerolled and spammed our forum address so that every knows where the fluorescent 20 inch dragon cocks come from

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tenks brilliant idea, we can model my mother's pussy and then have a fluorescent 20 inch dragon cock come out of it. Some people are probably into that.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I've had another phone interview for a job. Brings it to 3 total and this last one was the exact same questions as the 2nd phone interview, just with the director over the department.

Im now scheduled for a 3 hour on site interview. They are gonna ask me situational questions about how to handle different network situations or problems.

Seems excessive, but if it gets me a job and a foot into a network engineering career then so be it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tech interviews are almost always 2+ hours and it's fucking shitty.
Yeah. I've had 2 technical phone interviews to go with it, and the kicker is that this is all through a staffing agency. I feel like they must of been burned before and are scared now.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I like long interviews. For one I always get a free meal out of it. And the other is they give tours of their facilities and I've picked up a lot of good info taking them. Sometimes you pick up little tidbits on how they handle something or you get an idea of how busy they are or what they are working on and everyone calls wanting to know the next day. They also share a lot of info about how they do certain things that everyone in the industry is struggling with. Never hurts to pick up free tips from a possible future competitor, or you can drop that info at your next interview for bonus points.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I've had another phone interview for a job. Brings it to 3 total and this last one was the exact same questions as the 2nd phone interview, just with the director over the department.

Im now scheduled for a 3 hour on site interview. They are gonna ask me situational questions about how to handle different network situations or problems.

Seems excessive, but if it gets me a job and a foot into a network engineering career then so be it.
Dude they are putting you through the wringer. I have never had an interview process this intense.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah what the fuck is up with this? My friend had a situation where he was applying for rackspace into a director role. Granted, its up there. But they made him go on 7 different interviews, 2-3 hours at a time, only to in the end tell him no. Every tech interview I've done in the last 7 years has been hours long full of interviewing 10+ people. That's way different than just 10-15 years ago when you talked to the hiring manager and went from there.

It's aggravating because the hiring manager is the one that writes the requirements for the employee in the job description, and the cronies that interview you have no idea what those requirements are, and often never talk about them, or have no idea what they are supposed to ask you.