What do you do?

iannis

Musty Nester
no shit man, are you looking for a clerk?

Drew Carrey was big into second life for a while at least. He might still be.

I wonder if it's a haven for celebrity. Guys who are too recognizable to have a "normal" social life in public. I mean cmon you're draw carrey. Wherever you go, even still, people are gonna go "Hey! You're Drew Carrey!" You put on that internet anonimity and you can be "Hey! You're warrglebarrgledipshit_xx01xx. GET FUCKT" and feel like a regular person.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The place really is a cesspool. There are a ton of twisted, weird, odd, and generally bizarre things that happen there. Dragon cocks, for example, market is already dominated by other players (hahaha).

But again, it can also be a very cool creative playground. It's cool that you can create fucking plants and grass in blender, texture it, and optionally add a script to texture it different types of leaves, different colors, etc...and sell it. After all there, are sim builders who will build your sim for your needs and those builders will buy things like plants, etc they use to decorate.

And even though you might get involved into the "dark" or "twisted" part of SL as part of your business, you start taking it with a grain of salt. If I develop a complete pregnancy system for SL to allow virtual avatars to poop out babies and shit that's pretty fucking bizarre, but if I'm going to sell 5,000 of them at $5 each, I don't care what anyone thinks, I'll laugh all the way taking my $25k to the bank.

(although,that marketis mostly cornered but hey if you can do it better...)

Edit: But all joking aside, I should set expectations here. As I said before, it does take a considerable amount of time and effort to really make a lot of money in SL. It's a real business, despite its nature. As I said I have a full blown CPA, Intellectual Property Lawyer who writes things like my terms of service for my products, etc. In SL, you retain ownership of your creations (though you do give LL some rights on your IP such as they can take pictures of it and use it in their marketing material, etc) even going so far as LL will act on DMCA takedowns. Generally, you won't have to go this far (until you are making good money). The average tinker whos going to create a few things in SL, depending on what they are, might get 0 sales or the occasional 1 sale a month or something. Like any other business, you'll have competitors, but there are always ways to be better. If you create a large range of products, and advertise properly, depending on what they are, you can do well. Gacha's (which are like the toy vending machines you used to play at a kid) are a GREAT way to make money by selling little goofy trinkets and stuff, which have a large collectible 3rd party market (you can set permissions on items, and Gacha items are generally no copy, no modify, but transferable meaning you can give it to another avatar, but then its gone from your inventory).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
About $2.80. General rule of thumb is L$250 = 1 USD. That's not exact but it's close enough.

rrr_img_118005.png

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Interesting week for me at work. Get an e-mail on Sunday that I need to be in Munich for a meeting on Monday. I work in Switzerland so it's not that far. I head up there, and find out that the mid-size software firm I work for is splitting into four business units, basically four separate companies, and they tell me which of the four I'm going to be working for. Then the next day, I found out that the one I'm going to be working for, and only that one, is being acquired by Ingram Micro. Being that I work in a support function, (accounting) I'm a little bit worried for my job.

The one thing I have going in my favor is we use a custom in house billing system that's pretty complicated and I'm one of two people in the entire company that knows how to use it. On top of that, our split down section of the company still has more employees than the entire division we're going to be joining at Ingram does. Our company more or lessISthis division at Ingram now. At any rate, it will be interesting times ahead. They are promising us that no one will lose their job, nothing will change etc. but I've heard that song and dance pre-acquisition before and three months later I was out of work. At any rate, should be interesting times ahead. Could be a great opportunity for me to show a growing division at a major software company how indispensable I am, or it might not matter what I do at all and I'll be looking again soon.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
In January of 2016 I start down the path to become an Open Range Cat Wrangler. I have been in Sheep Husbandry the past 17 years so I am excited to stop selling people wool. This will be a significant hit to my income for the first 6 months, after a year it will get better and then after 2 years when I am a Cat Wrangler the income should be back to six figures.

I have a few things going for me and my future in the industry. For example the average age of a Cat Wrangler is in the late 50s so they will be retiring in the next decade or sooner. I am only 23 so my future job security is pretty solid. To be a Cat Wrangler you must have a 4 Year Degree, Spokane is a pretty Blue Collar Town less than 30% of the residents have a college education so that helps with job security as well as less competition for jobs.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just gave notice, gave two optional last days because the state fucked up and it wasn't going to be a full two weeks. Asked me if i was def going to take it and i said yes, meant to fire off some radical demands like work from home and a few more weeks vacation

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm going to script a SL strip club where people can in-game purchase the girls to do certain things and then hook some machine learning up to it so the strip club becomes self aware of new dances and scripting which will sell the best

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can't just make cock models and expect to sell them in today's market. People expect a certain level of custom scripting behind the scenes.

Like my latest work is your pretty standard issue cock with a unicorn horn on it with pegasus wings but the real cool thing is that when you're flying it around it comes with a button where you can grow some rainbow pubes.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Interesting week for me at work. Get an e-mail on Sunday that I need to be in Munich for a meeting on Monday. I work in Switzerland so it's not that far. I head up there, and find out that the mid-size software firm I work for is splitting into four business units, basically four separate companies, and they tell me which of the four I'm going to be working for. Then the next day, I found out that the one I'm going to be working for, and only that one, is being acquired by Ingram Micro. Being that I work in a support function, (accounting) I'm a little bit worried for my job.

The one thing I have going in my favor is we use a custom in house billing system that's pretty complicated and I'm one of two people in the entire company that knows how to use it. On top of that, our split down section of the company still has more employees than the entire division we're going to be joining at Ingram does. Our company more or lessISthis division at Ingram now. At any rate, it will be interesting times ahead. They are promising us that no one will lose their job, nothing will change etc. but I've heard that song and dance pre-acquisition before and three months later I was out of work. At any rate, should be interesting times ahead. Could be a great opportunity for me to show a growing division at a major software company how indispensable I am, or it might not matter what I do at all and I'll be looking again soon.
In my experience, the acquiring firm will not want separate accounting programs (or any, really) from their global structure. If they are large enough to do a buy out for another company, it's usually a fair assumption they have their own practices in place that you will assimilate into, not the other way around. Hopefully you don't lose your job because of any of that though, because that's shitty.