What do you do?

Haka

N00b
My real estate friends say the slowdown isn't nearly as pronounced as the articles say. It's slowed down a bit, but August is always the slowest month of the year, and the tax will likely only produce a bit of a lull before things pick up again. All my real estate friends still say its crazy out there right now and the boom is still on. They don't deal with Chinese buyers though, so who knows. Half my facebook feed is real estate agents now, it's annoying, but the ones who are good at their job are pulling in insane incomes right now.

kudos

<Banned>
My real estate friends say the slowdown isn't nearly as pronounced as the articles say. It's slowed down a bit, but August is always the slowest month of the year, and the tax will likely only produce a bit of a lull before things pick up again. All my real estate friends still say its crazy out there right now and the boom is still on. They don't deal with Chinese buyers though, so who knows. Half my facebook feed is real estate agents now, it's annoying, but the ones who are good at their job are pulling in insane incomes right now.
Sounds a lot like 2008.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What's been going on in Vancouver is on a totally different dimension from what was happening in most of the US back then. It's bizarro world.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Denver too, but with tech money out of California. It's changing as rapidly as SF.

Absolutely. It's the #1 CA resident relocation destination. Weather is still nice. Denver has a similar political climate. Massively cheaper.

I don't think much of Denver. It's a pretty shitty "major" city. I haven't been since they completed the rail line that connects the city to the airport so that fixes one of my big complaints. Any city where you land at the airport and the only way to get to the city is a fucking $100 cab ride is a horseshit city.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I really love Denver as it was about 10 years ago. I have a lot of friends out there, all of them transplants for work. The ironic thing is that they're not in tech, so the rising prices are putting them on the side of the locals complaining about new money moving in. In the mid-00s, Denver was a very cool place. I really enjoyed the culture of the city and how friendly it all was. I'm there about twice a year, and I can track a definite negative change.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Avoid Boulder. It's exactly as bad as South Park says. One giant fucking drum circle.

They actually narrowed a major 4 lane road to add in bike lanes, thereby increasing traffic congestion halfway back to Denver on the weekends.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Kind of a bummer to read that about Denver as it's on one of our "move to" cities when we bounce the fuck out of LA in a couple years. Maybe North Carolina is the way to go because I don't think I can do Houston summers without killing someone.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Kind of a bummer to read that about Denver as it's on one of our "move to" cities when we bounce the fuck out of LA in a couple years. Maybe North Carolina is the way to go because I don't think I can do Houston summers without killing someone.
I am enjoying NC as long as you live in a city if you want real Internet or I guess internet at all!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
AT&T MIS customer, carrying a Verizon SIP trunk over their AT&T managed router, no one can gave me to the right department to actually get this repaired, fuck my entire life.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
AT&T MIS customer, carrying a Verizon SIP trunk over their AT&T managed router, no one can gave me to the right department to actually get this repaired, fuck my entire life.
how can you fuck what is already fucked.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The department that onboards new customers has no technical staff members so I have absolutely no topology for how this is built or who owns what equipment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do they even sell rust protection here? You just stop by a manual car wash every couple months and spray the undercarriage. Unless you're talking about prissy faggots from Cambridge..they can't do anything except look like metro sexually turds.

kudos

<Banned>
What's been going on in Vancouver is on a totally different dimension from what was happening in most of the US back then. It's bizarro world.
I'm noticing every state in the US has this same problem though. In Florida it's the same in St. Petersburg. The new hotness in Tampa is to pay stupid amounts of money for an average as shit apartment / condo in St. Pete. The second the economy gets a real estate hiccup these people are FUCKED.