What do you do?

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Well, I drank a bit too much last night with my boss in celebration.

I am no longer Mr. Lowball'd...Holy fuck. 40%, roughly (I'm guessing they grabbed a round number, instead of a %) increase in pay and the promo is sweet.
Yeah, I'm excited.
Congratulations on the nice promotion and raise mate, very well done, and nicely handled indeed!

LOL, sounds like there were no extra negotiations needed there =p. Gut feeling says you have a decently relaxed boss? That is pretty rare in my experience, enjoy basking in the afterglow =) !

*cheers*.... *clink*

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Congratulations on the nice promotion and raise mate, very well done, and nicely handled indeed!

LOL, sounds like there were no extra negotiations needed there =p. Gut feeling says you have a decently relaxed boss? That is pretty rare in my experience, enjoy basking in the afterglow =) !

*cheers*.... *clink*

Very relaxed, and a bit of a lush...It was his idea to hit the bar. Thanks man!

I also forgot to mention theres some new perks; Some work at home days, company bonus factor doubled, and I get a sort of commission for any revenue generating projects I head up (retroactively, baby, so the last two I did I'll be in the pool for) quarterly.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, I drank a bit too much last night with my boss in celebration.

I am no longer Mr. Lowball'd...Holy fuck. 40%, roughly (I'm guessing they grabbed a round number, instead of a %) increase in pay and the promo is sweet.

I'll still be an escalation point/backup for support (they hired a new guy, apparently an integral part of this plan), but I'll be doing mostly project management/implementation. I impressed them with a couple of projects I rocked out like a boss in the past couple of months and now they want me running all projects for the department I'm in.

But goddamn, from 40k to 55k overnight, with a much better title than "support dude 1" to put on the resume, and being able to focus on my favorite part of this job as my primary responsibility; Yeah, I'm excited.

Happy for ya brah.

I just wish he wouldn't have kept you in the dark for so long. I appreciate open communication and while some details are kept in the dark by necessity I would have hoped he would have given you something more than "keep waiting". You were anxious enough to start looking for other jobs and if something else would have popped you could have jumped ship.

Regardless I'm glad it worked out for the best.

Money hats for everyone!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Very relaxed, and a bit of a lush...It was his idea to hit the bar. Thanks man!

I also forgot to mention theres some new perks; Some work at home days, company bonus factor doubled, and I get a sort of commission for any revenue generating projects I head up (retroactively, baby, so the last two I did I'll be in the pool for) quarterly.
Nice. Glad to hear after reading your initial situation

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Happy for ya brah.

I just wish he wouldn't have kept you in the dark for so long. I appreciate open communication and while some details are kept in the dark by necessity I would have hoped he would have given you something more than "keep waiting". You were anxious enough to start looking for other jobs and if something else would have popped you could have jumped ship.

Regardless I'm glad it worked out for the best.

Money hats for everyone!

Well, our department had no Project Manager position before; It was created for me. I understand now why he couldn't say much, but even a couple of sly hints would've been nice to make me feel a little more secure.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Almost done with my first week on Bragg. Its been pretty awesome. The health benefits being total shit is my only complaint, but I don't think any contractors get good health coverage.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Reading the benefits package. It's like what you'd get if someone let Willy Wonka loose in HR.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Almost done with my first week on Bragg. Its been pretty awesome. The health benefits being total shit is my only complaint, but I don't think any contractors get good health coverage.
Some do, think PWC does and some that are classified as non-profits (like HJF butpay us typically lower)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My health insurance here is awful. It's like 7k a year for a family plan. For 2017 they got rid of traditional plans and our only choices are HSAs. I'm worried it will cost us more but maybe it's a saving. I have no fucking clue. Anyone use an hsa?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
To add, somethings insurance is good at adjusting others, there is barely any difference between actual bill before adjustment. I say not really because my wife use to work at a non-profit so we did insurance through that which was amazing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Except I can't negotiate with health insurance. I can't even opt out because if I do I get penalized on my taxes

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My health insurance here is awful. It's like 7k a year for a family plan. For 2017 they got rid of traditional plans and our only choices are HSAs. I'm worried it will cost us more but maybe it's a saving. I have no fucking clue. Anyone use an hsa?

Love hsa, wife and i both have 1.

Never use insurance and can use hsa to pay for contacts

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
I'm worried it will cost us more but maybe it's a saving. I have no fucking clue. Anyone use an hsa?

My company started offering an HSA this year. They agreed to pre-fund the account with $1k, and I kick in the other $4-5k to max it out. Looking at our expense history versus higher deductible vs free $1k and it was +EV even before you consider the tax shelter benefits.

Of course this year my kids had like 15 doctor visits for ear infections, sore throats, and rashes. Easily chewed through the $1k. Plus, I read up that it is better to not even USE the HSA to pay for expenses and just use your taxed income to pay everything, saving the max possible for gains. So, that all sucks, but I will probably do the HSA again next year because at least it forces me to save money.