What vehicle do you drive?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Finally figured out why you have the strong Ford preference!

giphy.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's at the shop though, some industrious fucker sawed off the catalyzer during my vacation this summer...
Apparently it's a massively growing problem here in Sweden... Eastern european gangs... Had to borrow my buddies car to get my kid to school...
I used to be sort of lenient towards thieves, you know, empathizing with their plight, but right now I'm figuring out ways to alert me when it goes down so I can run out and axe the fuckers in the face!
Here in Portugal is happening the same shit.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Thinking of buying a model s and throwing a Diesel engine in it so it can blow smoke.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I have a rule: No more than $400 dollars a month on a lease when putting down $0. The last few cars have been infinities, G37 then Q50s. But at the end of last year, prices were retarded and so I got myself an Acura TLX because I had fond memories of the Acura TL i had a few cars back and the price was right. Man, what a mistake. I fucking despise this shit box, its got no power and the seats are kind of small and I am 190 pounds and 6'2" so not fat. Fuck this trash and next time I wont be such a jew. Thank you for reading my livejournal.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So I have a rule: No more than $400 dollars a month on a lease when putting down $0. The last few cars have been infinities, G37 then Q50s. But at the end of last year, prices were retarded and so I got myself an Acura TLX because I had fond memories of the Acura TL i had a few cars back and the price was right. Man, what a mistake. I fucking despise this shit box, its got no power and the seats are kind of small and I am 190 pounds and 6'2" so not fat. Fuck this trash and next time I wont be such a jew. Thank you for reading my livejournal.
Leasing is for poors, I thought you were Jewish?

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Not trying to pile on but did you not drive it prior to leasing it? The 0-60 is in the 5's which seems shockingly slow for 2021.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you’re leasing ya. You should be paying cash.

I don't understand this. If they offer 0% financing, and most do, why would you tie up that much capital in a vehicle? Pay it down with no interest. Pay it off at any point, but why drop it all on a vehicle at once when there is no penalty for not doing so?

• 1Potato
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So just to shit on Ford some more my neighbors 2020 Fusion has been in the shop for three weeks because the transmission shudders hard when driving slow/in town. Yesterday my wife’s 2020 Escape started doing the same thing, except it’s when trying to accelerate above ~30-40 quickly. Jerks and skips, feels like a teenager learning to drive a stick. Has 20k miles on it and has already been to the shop a couple times for big issues, one being a leaking transmission. Such pieces of shit, I’d never buy a Ford.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand this. If they offer 0% financing, and most do, why would you tie up that much capital in a vehicle? Pay it down with no interest. Pay it off at any point, but why drop it all on a vehicle at once when there is no penalty for not doing so?
Don’t respond to that guy with serious questions. He’s going to respond with “cause that’s for poors”. And this post will get a “seriously?” reaction.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not trying to pile on but did you not drive it prior to leasing it? The 0-60 is in the 5's which seems shockingly slow for 2021.
So I spend a lot of time in my car and to me it's more of an appliance than anything else. A tool to get from A to B and nothing more which is why I have a price cap on it. Because of this, I have never tried any car I leased expect my very first one many years ago.

• 1WTF

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ignore him. There's no economic reason to pay cash for a depreciating item like a new car. Finance at a low rate and use the difference in the market and actually make money.

Very few cars are worth paying cash (think used. High-end and rare cars).

All the millionaires I know lease cars and use the saved capital in businesses or the market. Leasing has its uses.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's still faster than average. What most of the world can afford is not quick cars.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Because debt is for poors. Keep up dirk.

• 1Harrow

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So I spend a lot of time in my car and to me it's more of an appliance than anything else. A tool to get from A to B and nothing more which is why I have a price cap on it. Because of this, I have never tried any car I leased expect my very first one many years ago.
This deserves to go in the YGWYFD thread.

• 1Harrow

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Because debt is for poors. Keep up dirk.
Actually leasing is for the ruling class. I lease every single car I own through one of my businesses. I can write off 80% of the lease value annually. If I like the car, I’ll pay the residual value at the end once the lease ends, otherwise I’ll just lease another new car.

Paying cash up front is just stupid since you get no depreciation value on the car. Not to mention you can only pay $10k before the selling party is obligated to report you to the IRS.

Employers lease. Employees buy. Based on your posts I can tell which class you belong to.

• 1Worf
  • 1Cringe

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Actually leasing is for the ruling class. I lease every single car I own through one of my businesses. I can write off 80% of the lease value annually. If I like the car, I’ll pay the residual value at the end once the lease ends, otherwise I’ll just lease another new car.

Paying cash up front is just stupid since you get no depreciation value on the car. Not to mention you can only pay $10k before the selling party is obligated to report you to the IRS.

Employers lease. Employees buy. Based on your posts I can tell which class you belong to.
Lmao and what are you currently leasing bro? A fucking Audi? Get back to me when you’re driving a limited edition pista.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Harrow