What vehicle do you drive?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think when people are bringing up Pinto in their argument that things could be worse you may have already lost the argument. Tesla started strong but has gone downhill pretty rapidly. It’s no secret as to why, anyone who has worked for them will tell you how bad of a work environment it is due to pressure to get shit out the door. When you’re rushing to meet demand, quality is going to shit the bed.

Consumer reports rated them next to last in reliability. There is no argument, it’s just a fact…their reliability is worse than 97% of the competition.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I think when people are bringing up Pinto in their argument that things could be worse you may have already lost the argument. Tesla started strong but has gone downhill pretty rapidly. It’s no secret as to why, anyone who has worked for them will tell you how bad of a work environment it is due to pressure to get shit out the door. When you’re rushing to meet demand, quality is going to shit the bed.

Consumer reports rated them next to last in reliability. There is no argument, it’s just a fact…their reliability is worse than 97% of the competition.
Pinto design killed more than 500 people. I think it's a pretty valid example of bad vehicle design/recalls to bring up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pinto design killed more than 500 people. I think it's a pretty valid example of bad vehicle design/recalls to bring up.
I know, that’s my point. If you’re in an argument about bad recalls and you have to say “yeah but pinto was worse” you’re probably arguing from a bad position.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Cough, cough <Ford Pinto> cough, cough.

Remember seeing an old Pinto when I first started driving in the 80's with a bumper sticker

"Caution, this car explodes on impact'

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gaming Ghost>
MX is nice, but the S gives you better range and 0-60 times if you care about that stuff. You get extra stuff for free like the Homelink. I think it's 3-500 otherwise, or there's a subscription one(lol) for an aftermarket one. It feels awesome when you get home from work, it folds your side mirrors, raises the suspension and opens the garage door for you automatically. Goddamn Spy Hunter car =D

Just know that it's lower to the ground, so if anyone old gets in your car they'll bitch compared to the Y / X.

Steering wheels and glass rooftops coming off are for sure unacceptable, but I agree with you for the other articles. What would normally not be a story is instantly one if a TESLA(!) is involved. I've also gotten better at filtering out the ones put out by $TSLA shorters, which are annoying. The best one though was the thrashing one short seller gave to that Nikola scam company lol.

Nikola: How to Parlay An Ocean of Lies Into a Partnership With the Largest Auto OEM in America
Oh yeah? How are those child proof door locks on the s model for locking your kids in your Tesla on hot summer days you sick degenerate pedophile child abusing fuck.

• 1WTF
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gaming Ghost>
Curious what everyone’s thoughts are on the c8 corvette? Not looking at buying one. Corvette has always interested me at the price/performance ratio. It seems like, especially with z06, you get a ton of car for the money. Curious what you guys think of new styling? I have mixed feelings, looks like a mix of a Mclaren and Ferrari.

Is there any other sports cars (non-electric) that come close to the price/performance ratio of them these days? Haven’t really kept up.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
1675883439760.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Evo

Wonder how rough it is. But would be fun for stick, little snow action, all around beater plus nostalgia. Though kinda sad that my mustang gets much better gas mileage and compared to 15 years ago I bet it feels like slow ass or they super it up and explode soon.

I'd stay away from that car, or any Evo/Sti unless you know the owner and how they cared for it.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I'd stay away from that car, or any Evo/Sti unless you know the owner and how they cared for it.
Oh the 5-6 owners was a bad sign? :p

Was the first car to ever start getting me interested in autos. But yeah unicorn in ideal condition.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
So kinda spur of moment, wife is going forward with getting her fun car. basically carmax semi boned us on our winter beater we were buying then sat in title limbo for 3 months. And mustang handled the ice storm 180 miles home on bald summer tires until I had to get towed the last 1/4 mile up my steep hill. Now got p4s all seasons (1500 fml) and thinking we don't need a winter car in Oklahoma.

Gr86s too many issues coming up and still usually marked up, lol gr corolla ever being available, so we went and test drive a miata with her. No Jag/GT 5.0, but was fun driving like a that in evening traffic flooring it.

We both love mazda red but from what I've seen it shows every tiny scratch easily, so for now we have a 19 grand touring in the dark grey coming. If it's like my mustang hides dirt well. Kinda hoped we find a 20 plus show up when the GT got the limited slip and frame brace of the club etc, but not like we really track or need it.

A few that fit the bill on wants except they were all automatic, shocked how many are out there without a stick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bad news for anyone looking to buy a car, used car prices are back on the upswing:

ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph.png

Source (Manheim):
I had to buy a car because some dickhead blew a red light and totaled my car. Good news is insurance paid me $3k more than what the dealer was offering me on a trade in. The only reason I got the car I wanted is someone had ordered the same model I wanted and couldn’t get financing for it.

Rates are fucked for auto loans. I got 4.1% on 48 months. They originally came out with 6.5% at 72 months.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's very misleading. It's not that all their cars went up by 43%. The range average for the whole company is up because they have more top end models than they do mid or low.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bad news for anyone looking to buy a car, used car prices are back on the upswing:

ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph.png

Source (Manheim):
I am having a difficult time trying to figure out whether or not to wait a few more months before buying a new truck. All indications would show that New vehicles might go down as both inventory and Interest rates increase. The problem is that inflation is also still going up. That will increase the eventual costs for making the vehicle.

So, should I start looking around now, or wait until at least summer? Thankfully we did not trade in the Honda when we bought my wife's Subaru back in 2019( Fucking great timing on that purchase and trade-in decision), so I am not obligated to purchase right now.