What vehicle do you drive?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
JFC 4 tons? Wonder what the weight distribution is, it's probably a slip-n-slide on A/Ts or M/Ts as a pickup.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Always feels great to finish a project. I'm not a truck fan but I respect the passion you have for your vehicle, grats man.

In other news I just got my car back from the paint shop for the second time and it's still horrible. I don't feel like leaving it there for another month so I'm just gonna leave it as is until I can take it to a reliable paint shop.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Always feels great to finish a project. I'm not a truck fan but I respect the passion you have for your vehicle, grats man.

In other news I just got my car back from the paint shop for the second time and it's still horrible. I don't feel like leaving it there for another month so I'm just gonna leave it as is until I can take it to a reliable paint shop.
The shitty thing is good body shops are not always good paint shops. Especially with metallics and pearls you have to be a kung fu master to even get it in the same ballpark - it's an eye for it and experience. It sucks to try and find those guys but once you do it's so much less aggravating whenever you need any work done.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The shitty thing is good body shops are not always good paint shops. Especially with metallics and pearls you have to be a kung fu master to even get it in the same ballpark - it's an eye for it and experience. It sucks to try and find those guys but once you do it's so much less aggravating whenever you need any work done.
Watching car TV shows, it's always funny to watch the paint guy sit around through the whole project, and then just seriously bust his ass for three days painting the car when it's ready.

Hekotat

Mine wasn't anything special, just wanted it painted red. Instead I got a fisheyed mess that you can see black spots all through, just a waste of 1800 bucks.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's pretty shitty, Heko. Good luck sorting that out. Paints expensive and I'm cheap. Read about the "$50 roll on paint project" a few years ago. Tested it out on a panel and didn't like all the sanding required. Went with a paint can and had pretty nice results that way. Still, a fuckload of sanding. Regardless of how nice this stuff turns out, it IS enamel and is no where near as durable as polys. Repair work and general upkeep will be significantly more important to keep this stuff looking like a 6 footer. Rusto auto primer (light grey), 6 coats of Rusto Sand, 3 coats of Rusto enamel clear, lots of sanding between all coats. Sanded 600 flat at the end to get 95% of the paint defect free, sanded up to 2000, compounded and waxed by hand. Maybe 15 hours for one fender.

Mine wasn't anything special, just wanted it painted red. Instead I got a fisheyed mess that you can see black spots all through, just a waste of 1800 bucks.
That sounds like a nightmare.

Welp, you can always plasti-dip it! I have used it on a small part of my car, fairly easy and removable.

If you are wanting to drop another big check for a real paint job, I had my new front bumper painted byStuarts Paint and Bodyin Garland. My paint is metallic orange, and they matched it perfect, years later, its still perfect (other than the rock chips.....and bug juice I need to clay bar...). Their shop is awesome, the day I was there, they had a 2 or 3 Ferraris, a Lambo, and a couple of other supercars.

DipYourCar.com -Plasti Dip For Your Car - Glossifier Blaze Pearlizer Metalizers Pro Car Kits Peel Coat

Hekotat

The worst part of it all is I know this guy can do good work, I've seen it. Why he decided to not give a fuck on my ride baffles me.

I was thinking about doing it myself the next time, we laid down the primer and it turned out really well. I know much more is involved when laying down paint but I think it's something I can do. If not I'll just take it to that shop you mentioned Burns, if they are knocking out Porsches the quality has to be top notch.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
JFC 4 tons? Wonder what the weight distribution is, it's probably a slip-n-slide on A/Ts or M/Ts as a pickup.
Weight is heavy towards the front, but that's all 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. That leaves more allowance for hitch/pin weight on the back axle(towing). Actually it's smooth as hell, no slipping or sliding at all. Sometimes if I change what tune I'm using I can put out a bit more power in low gears than the tranny can handle and you'll see some skipping or slipping, but again that's when I turn that tune on and dick around, and typically only on wet pavement.

If I leave things in economy or tow(which is like 95% of the time) it drives perfectly. On Economy I can get about 25mpg with nothing in tow and when towing I can push 14-16 depending on speed and grade. My biggest pride is that I came out of this about 5000x smarter about diesel engines. I'd feel confident doing almost anything on a truck now. Plus who doesn't love dirty man-jobs? Only sad part is I need a new project now. I am thinking about building my own pontoon...

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The worst part of it all is I know this guy can do good work, I've seen it. Why he decided to not give a fuck on my ride baffles me.

I was thinking about doing it myself the next time, we laid down the primer and it turned out really well. I know much more is involved when laying down paint but I think it's something I can do. If not I'll just take it to that shop you mentioned Burns, if they are knocking out Porsches the quality has to be top notch.
Stuarts or New Concept in Plano are both good. Stuarts is a little more a production facility these days but they still do good work.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
JFC, I had to dig for this thread. So my wife and I had a failed experiment. I had a 2014 Audi S4 Prestige. I'm getting medically retired from the Army so I decided to do the right thing and trade in my car for something cheaper on payments. I ended up getting a Ford Focus ST3. After 2 months, we decided we both hated it. So she greenlighted me to get something that would make me happy as long as the payment was less than the Audi.

So I came home with this.

3qbWdOW.jpg

Hekotat

Looks good in that color.

I've been eyeballing a used Fiesta ST, I really like that hatch.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
My garage... I really need to clean it one of these days.

Mazda CX-7 (got a good deal; our beater when we get snow, otherwise we drive it maybe 2-3 times a month)
Cadillac ATS
Lexus is250
Ford F250 Lariat (not in picture; pulls the boat)
1960 Bugeye Sprite (not in picture; slowly restoring)

rrr_img_110017.jpg

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'll get a better picture next time I am at my parents. It is currently in their garage as I don't have room at my place.

It has very little rust and the interior is in 7/10 condition. It runs when it wants to

rrr_img_110022.jpg

Hekotat

Man, that's fucking awesome. Hope you get it done sooner rather than later.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Started modding my Jeep about a month ago. I still got ways to go on it but it's been keeping me distracted.

rrr_img_110286.jpg

rrr_img_110287.jpg