What vehicle do you drive?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was solely shopping for AWD cars, which rather limits my options when I was looking for a hatch with good cargo room, because I deliver medical equipment to peoples homes, and a lot of my deliveries are down dirt roads. I looked at a 2014 Audi Q5 the same day, pretty much the same setup, but 45k miles and 2k more price. Also Premium gas only.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Subaru isn't dying and it's isn't "late to the party". What you're seeing, is trickle-down from expensive brands into a car that is VERY affordable and VERY reliable. Just because the MB S Class had _______ first, doesn't mean every other car is behind the curve. Subaru sells in a certain market segment that doesn't allow the R&D of other brands.

Having lived in New England for over 20 years and owning 3 Subarus for 14 of those, I absolutely love the brand and the cars. They can do absolutely everything. No need for them in Houston, but I still miss having one.
Subaru isnt dying but sooner or later they will hit the wall. Their vehicles are not being revamped. Designs are old and flawed. Their vehicles appeal to limited market segment that will change with times which the brand isn't. Subaru has some of the better AWD and excellent fuel mileage despite the all wheel drive but once the economy halts, car prices spike and demands are reduced, they are going to visit cheaper alternative with better designs and tech packages

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
they are going to visit cheaper alternative with better designs and tech packages.
Name me a single car that is a cheaper alternative to a Subaru with better designs and tech packages...

Subarus are kind of a joke in mountain towns because it seems like 80% of all cars are either old school Outbacks or newer Foresters. Other places they are seen as the "lesbian car" which is a very true stereotype.

Fadaar

That guy
Could say the same thing about Jeeps. Small but insanely rabid, if not highly concentrated with homosexuals, crowd.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Could say the same thing about Jeeps. Small but insanely rabid, if not highly concentrated with homosexuals, crowd.

I hate Jeeps. Friends of mine have one, have for decades, and there is no cargo space whatsoever. I'm talking the old-school jeep with the big, knobbly tires and convertible. They have two kids, so if they all go to the grocery store, no possibility of getting the groceries in the vehicle unless you're piling it on top of the kids and passenger's laps. So what do you get with a Jeep? Uncomfortable seats in a vehicle that has the suspension of a tank and gets crap gas mileage. Oh, and there's no space for anything.

Sounds awesome, right?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Jeep got revamped nicely. Grand Cherokee and other models look beautiful insiss and out. Wranglers make no sense in terms practicality and....pretty much everything else but they are niche enough for production.

Jeep is the SUV line up of FIAT Chrysler Dodge etc

They are discontinuing their 200 line up and dart line up. You can guess why. They suck so people dont buy them enough. And competition is too fierce and massive. They lose money selling these things.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the Wrangler and its rabid fanbase. My mom has a Cherokee and it's seems to be a great vehicle from the few times I've been in it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They may look nice but they still drive like shit, I got a Compass for a rental a few months back and it was appalling to drive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the Wrangler and its rabid fanbase. My mom has a Cherokee and it's seems to be a great vehicle from the few times I've been in it.

Wranglers are nice in that they are extremely capable off-road without doing a damn thing to them. However, as a daily driver they are horrible. Their ride quality is like a tank and it has a ton of plastics everywhere that squeak and rattle. The cargo space is total shit in the 2 door, so you end up removing the rear bench full-time. Friend couldn't even fit his golf bag in the rear. They do have the 4 door Wrangler, but that doesn't address the ride quality.

They are long overdue for a revamp. The new JL will be out this year as a 2018 model. Who knows what that will bring?

Funny enough though, one of the first spy pics was of it being hauled away on a flat bed broken down on the side of the road.

2018 JL Wrangler Breaks Down During Testing

2018-wrangler-flat-bed.jpg

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I currently drive a Subaru, and I am strongly considering getting a 2018 Wrangler with the redesign when they come out for the off road capabilities. Guess I make bad life choices. But Subaru seems really strong. Even in SoCal were I am at without snow. Subaru really limits the amount of dealers they have so for ever 5-10 Toyota dealers there is only 1 Subaru dealer. And those dealers make bank, Irvine Subaru where I bought my car was offered 50 million for their dealership and they turned it down since they make so much money.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I currently drive a Subaru, and I am strongly considering getting a 2018 Wrangler with the redesign when they come out for the off road capabilities. Guess I make bad life choices. But Subaru seems really strong. Even in SoCal were I am at without snow. Subaru really limits the amount of dealers they have so for ever 5-10 Toyota dealers there is only 1 Subaru dealer. And those dealers make bank, Irvine Subaru where I bought my car was offered 50 million for their dealership and they turned it down since they make so much money.
For Subaru, they will rarely negotiate price. The listing is what you pay. Maybe 500 dollars. That is it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh...I got 2 of mine for under invoice. Maybe that's because in New England they are common and move a lot more inventory. Every market is a little different.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Got mine for just 500 under MSRP, this was a WRX right when the new 2015s came out. My dad bought an Outback from the same dealer and he paid MSRP since they had to factory order it. They sell so much at Irvine Subaru they hardly have anything sitting on the lot and nearly always need to factory order cars. At least in my impression Subaru is doing really strong and are not in any sort of trouble.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Where I live, Subarus are everywhere. It's because here in OR you've got the trifecta of:

1: WRX/STI/BRZ performance bros.
2: LGBTQWTFBBQ activist weirdos, who love them.
3: Shitty weather 8 months out of the year.

You don't see Subaru having to discontinue models like Chrysler with the 200 and the Dart, so I'd say Subaru is doing OK, at least compared to Chrysler.

The biggest misstep I've seen them make in the last few years was not making the new WRX look EXACTLY like that badass concept WRX car they had. Everyone was like "YES! BUILD THAT!" Then they went boring and safe and came out with the current version. A hate when car companies waste opportunities to make good looking and different cars like that.