What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dont forget the Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement concept. Fucking worse than a Cube or Juke.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, the enthusiasts market is growing every year, not shrinking. People have just had to shift away from affordable Japanese sports cars (new purchases) and into more European cars. And, the aftermarket is thriving more than ever in America and around the world as well.

It would be a shame to have the 86 be AWD. That's what the WRX/STi are for. But, with RWD and 300-330hp, it would be a world-class win and sell like mad. Keep the entry lvl 200hp version for teens, tuners, and folks who just don't want or need more power. The engine exists. The turbo and plumbing all exists. But, Subaru would have to acknowledge that the WRX would probably have a massive, MASSIVE decline in sales as a result and possibly, be phased out (hell, in England you can't even purchase a new WRX).

It boggles my mind that Toyota, once a beacon of light for drivers who love good looks, fun, affordability, and reliability, doesn't offer ANYTHING. Look at the damn Miata FFS. It's the best selling open top sports car of all time. There is a market for these cars!!!!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Here is my trusty steed. I picked this up awhile back after spending around 12 years dealing with DSMs and Galant VR4s. Graduated and moved on to the next maintenance challenge, so to speak.

1M9Ud2r.jpg

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Dont forget the Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement concept. Fucking worse than a Cube or Juke.

Are you talking about the FT-4x concept? That is not a FJ Cruiser replacement since the FT-4x is unibody. I wish Toyota would make the Land Cruiser not a luxury SUV and bring the price down so its affordable for off roaders in the US. I would buy one in a heartbeat at a more affordable price point.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you talking about the FT-4x concept? That is not a FJ Cruiser replacement since the FT-4x is unibody. I wish Toyota would make the Land Cruiser not a luxury SUV and bring the price down so its affordable for off roaders in the US. I would buy one in a heartbeat at a more affordable price point.
Just parroting what more than one article called it. Looking at it it's a clear joke compared to the fj. I thought even some of their marketing was kinda teasing it that way but i could be wrong. (Before the reveal were showing AT tire on wheel shadow shots.)

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Here is my trusty steed. I picked this up awhile back after spending around 12 years dealing with DSMs and Galant VR4s. Graduated and moved on to the next maintenance challenge, so to speak.

View attachment 133400

I've always wanted one of these but yeah, maintenance challenge indeed. What is your annual maintenance cost going to be on that beauty?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I've always wanted one of these but yeah, maintenance challenge indeed. What is your annual maintenance cost going to be on that beauty?

2.x years of ownership and I've spent about $2k in maintenance costs so far. I do as much of my own work as possible but I've had to take it to the dealership twice. The first time was for a recall notice where they replaced both fuel filters and both gas tanks for $0, which is great. The second time was actually this past week - the ride height sensors got confused and I'd have to get an entire STAR setup going here to actually tap into the computer and set the ride height correctly. I didn't want to go down that road just yet.

Someone just mentioned Land Cruisers - I've had cars.com saved searches going for 2010+ Lexus LX 570s and 2013+ Land Cruisers for about 6 months now. Trying to find the right truck is difficult. I'd like to sell the E55 and get a LC sometime in the next two years.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what do you guys keep in your trunks? and stuff?

i like to be prepared so in both cars i have the glass shatter on driver side, and i have a aluminum bat wrapped in foam (b/c it clangs with the metal and rolls and is annoying) on the passenger side.

besides the standard spare tire and jack in the trunk i have
washer fluid
brake fluid
rad fluid
oil (1quart)
window wiper
interior window wiper (for smudges/flog)
snow broom
foldable shovel
4 folded boxes(like moving kind or amazon kind, they weigh nothing and it's good incase you need traction)
1 jump starter
1 gallon gas in approved can
1 tow rope
1 basic first aid kit

i'm planning to upgrade these soon, currently i have all the stuff stashed on the sides of the trunk (where the wheels are), what ppls best bet?

I know a few ppl carry a bug out bag in their car.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In my car:

- phone charger
- 3 paper towels

• 1Worf

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

i like to be prepared so in both cars i have the glass shatter on driver side, and i have a aluminum bat wrapped in foam (b/c it clangs with the metal and rolls and is annoying) on the passenger side.

washer fluid
brake fluid
rad fluid
oil (1quart)
window wiper
snow broom
foldable shovel
4 folded boxes(like moving kind or amazon kind, they weigh nothing and it's good incase you need traction)
1 jump starter
1 tow rope
1 basic first aid kit

i'm planning to upgrade these soon, currently i have all the stuff stashed on the sides of the trunk (where the wheels are), what ppls best bet?

I've got an air pump and a bag of Chinese food leftovers I forgot about for a week until my car started to smell.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Wait, I forgot that I now have the giant jogger stroller in my suv hatch.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Keep a first aid kit in my trunk and that is it. I keep all those extra fluid bottles in my garage right in front of where I park.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

washer fluid
brake fluid
rad fluid
oil (1quart)
window wiper
snow broom
foldable shovel
1 jump starter
1 tow rope
1 basic first aid kit

Golf clubs and shoes. micro-fiber towels and window spray/spray wax. Sounds like you live out of your car, or expect it to break at any moment. Damn.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Lanx, didn't you have a bunch of shit in your pockets in that "What's in your pocket?" thread? I like to live life more dangerously(and drive a car that never breaks down).`

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got a Land Rover Discovery 4 and carry 0 fluids. I have an ARB compressor, 2x D-shackles, snatch strap, quick deflator, shovel, and jumper cables. Four years of off-roading and dune bashing and never had a problem with it yet, aside from a tiny coolant leak that had a TSB and was fixed under warranty.

X77KQIu.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx, didn't you have a bunch of shit in your pockets in that "What's in your pocket?" thread? I like to live life more dangerously(and drive a car that never breaks down).`
yea, it's boy scout issue of always being prepared.