What vehicle do you drive?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Havent posted in awhile. Traded in my Tundra for this, 2015 Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition, 6 inch Hypertech lift, 22 inch Chevy OEM black gloss RIMs, Off Road tire, Borla dual exaust, automatic side steps, and went ahead and got a custom tune from Black Bear Performance (based out of San Diego, but they do road shows to do in person tunes from city to city). Inside is a 6.2L V8 w/ 8 speed trans. I love this truck.
You hauling stuff with that or just going to use it to occupy compact parking spots and take two lanes on the highway?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think Dis is a fellow Dallas-ite. That should give you your answer...
*Rage*

Next time I'm at the mall and park way the fuck out so I don't get door dinged I expect to see this monstrosity parked 2" away from my door and sideways taking two spots.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
*Rage*

Next time I'm at the mall and park way the fuck out so I don't get door dinged I expect to see this monstrosity parked 2" away from my door and sideways taking two spots.
I have to be careful to remember where I park my porsche, I can't even see my car until I'm right beside it most of the time, fucking lots around here are always full of Yukons, Escalades, GL's. My car is invisible. Haha.

That is a nice looking truck, even if you never go off road. Off roading is great fun (if you can risk the scratches) and people in Dallas do it all the time! We call it portaging; when someone is stuck in traffic, and the frontage road is moving, you just make your own off ramp...

I need to keep a glass chalk marker in my car, so when I see any of these cars in the DFW area, I can write "LoL, Rerolled, bitch!" on the window.

*Rage*

Stop going to WalMart, and that wont happen so much! I have noticed that behavior in Dallas more than Houston or Austin though. For me, its generally not nice looking, big trucks, it seems to be kids/rednecks in beaters, thinking they are being funny.

I got in the habit of looking for an end cap, where there is some landscaping, and hugging up to it with my driver-side door. Generally, the far out, empty parking lot section becomes the car enthusiast section. A couple cars that are well taken care of usually show up in the area, if I am in the store long enough, from WRXs and Civics, to Mustangs and various BMWs. Well, except Porsche, Porsches are too good to park near an American car!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That is a nice looking truck, even if you never go off road. Off roading is great fun (if you can risk the scratches) and people in Dallas do it all the time! We call it portaging; when someone is stuck in traffic, and the frontage road is moving, you just make your own off ramp...

I need to keep a glass chalk marker in my car, so when I see any of these cars in the DFW area, I can write "LoL, Rerolled, bitch!" on the window.

Stop going to WalMart, and that wont happen so much! I have noticed that behavior in Dallas more than Houston or Austin though. For me, its generally not nice looking, big trucks, it seems to be kids/rednecks in beaters, thinking they are being funny.

I got in the habit of looking for an end cap, where there is some landscaping, and hugging up to it with my driver-side door. Generally, the far out, empty parking lot section becomes the car enthusiast section. A couple cars that are well taken care of usually show up in the area, if I am in the store long enough, from WRXs and Civics, to Mustangs and various BMWs. Well, except Porsche, Porsches are too good to park near an American car!
I think I've been to Walmart maybe twice in my life. This is usually anywhere, and the cleaner/shinier my car, the more of a magnet it seems to be for some dude in his monster truck to intentionally park next to me. Even in my office building underground parking lot (one of the most expensive buildings in Dallas), some DoucheNeck (What I call wealthy rednecks) in his King Ranch monstrosity is guaranteed to park right next to me.. Makes backing out a nightmare cause I can't see shit-- you basically have to back out super slow and hope nobody is incoming.

I think I've been to Walmart maybe twice in my life. This is usually anywhere, and the cleaner/shinier my car, the more of a magnet it seems to be for some dude in his monster truck to intentionally park next to me. Even in my office building underground parking lot (one of the most expensive buildings in Dallas), some DoucheNeck (What I call wealthy rednecks) in his King Ranch monstrosity is guaranteed to park right next to me.. Makes backing out a nightmare cause I can't see shit-- you basically have to back out super slow and hope nobody is incoming.
The joys of driving a low sports car! I get foiled by 3 foot high hedges in the interior of the Kroger parking lot. Is anyone coming......hell if I know, all I see is hedge. You could get a fish eye back up cam, if your work parking spaces are full of 10 ft. bed, crew cab trucks. I have seen some stealth mounted cams on the front of cars to help prevent splitter damage when parking, what might work too.

Siliconemelons

The joys of driving a low sports car! I get foiled by 3 foot high hedges in the interior of the Kroger parking lot. Is anyone coming......hell if I know, all I see is hedge. You could get a fish eye back up cam, if your work parking spaces are full of 10 ft. bed, crew cab trucks. I have seen some stealth mounted cams on the front of cars to help prevent splitter damage when parking, what might work too.
Isn't Nissan's exclusive patent time up on its aroundview cam tech? (well more the algorythem then the tech- anywho) cars with this are awesome.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Even in my office building underground parking lot (one of the most expensive buildings in Dallas),
You work in the Crescent?
smile.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't Nissan's exclusive patent time up on its aroundview cam tech? (well more the algorythem then the tech- anywho) cars with this are awesome.
Not sure what this is about. BMW and MB have had surround view cameras for many years. Most cutting edge tech comes for those two manufacturers and eventually trickles down to everyone else.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what this is about. BMW and MB have had surround view cameras for many years. Most cutting edge tech comes for those two manufacturers and eventually trickles down to everyone else.
What he said. Very rarely GM has a new piece of tech, but it's usually the Germans.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Havent posted in awhile. Traded in my Tundra for this, 2015 Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition, 6 inch Hypertech lift, 22 inch Chevy OEM black gloss RIMs, Off Road tire, Borla dual exaust, automatic side steps, and went ahead and got a custom tune from Black Bear Performance (based out of San Diego, but they do road shows to do in person tunes from city to city). Inside is a 6.2L V8 w/ 8 speed trans. I love this truck.
rrr_img_120461.jpg
Nice grill and lights, i like the smaller Colorado. Used to like silvers until i started noticing how huge the wheel wells are. Even max Tire front to back end up with lot of opening up top.

Typical no research blind American truck purchaser is blind brand loyalty to big 3. I'm loving the shit out of my 15 tundra dc. Love rear seats big enough for adults and still have a6.5ft bed. Crew Max only for if your caring a bunch of dogs out want kids to play board games on the floor whole driving and you'll never carry anything

Going in next few months to get the supercharger ordered. Heart 550 torque 510 horse in a gaser for about 43k.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol, I almost started bashing on his truck but thought "to each their own". However, I do not get these guys that pay 60k+ for a 4x4 truck and never take it off road, ever. That's a shitload of money for a status symbol that adds more weight and hurts fuel economy.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was kind of curious what you could get for $2k. I looked on craigslist locally. For $2k or less you could get a 1990 model car or close to it, or one for parts or one with no title.

Basically to get one in one piece that ran and had a title you were looking at around a 1990 model.