What vehicle do you drive?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I just drive a Chevy Colorado, but I bought my son a Veloster that he absolutely loves. I live vicariously through my kid, so I’m glad I’m able to get him a car I would have killed for at his age. These are pics he took in his own little photo shoot.

Love the Veloster! Looks like a non-turbo, so the GDI 1.6L, make sure to be good on oil changes, use OEM oil filters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Love the Veloster! Looks like a non-turbo, so the GDI 1.6L, make sure to be good on oil changes, use OEM oil filters.
Yeah, it’s the base model. It’s a 2014. Got it with 70k miles for 11k (which was the best deal I could find.) He’s been itching to upgrade things on it. I took him to sone junkyards yesterday. Got gas and brake pedals off of the next trim model up and these door step plates-

For $120. I think I got him hooked on junkyards now. That’s how I found upgrades for my cars when I was younger.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thinking about a Toyota Corolla (upgraded tier) for her first car later this year. Anyone got Toyota info or opinions?

Edit: also looking at Prius Prime.

Brad2770

Thinking about a Toyota Corolla (upgraded tier) for her first car later this year. Anyone got Toyota info or opinions?

I had a 2014 S brand new. Great gas mileage, but stereo stopped working after about 20k miles. They replaced it and it kept turning on and off periodically. Ended up selling it back to them two years later and that’s when I bought my Sportage.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I had a 2004 or something that I bought w/ around 30k. Sold it about 100k later as it was starting to get a little beat up, mechanically still solid though. Not sure about more recent models. I had a RAV4(2010) after that and the wife 2 4Runners(2002, 2014?), everything has been real solid with only minor stuff to deal with. Nothing outside of typical wear and tear that I remember. Another RAV4 and 3 highlanders (2015 - 2019?) between different family who live nearby, all pretty much the same.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Prius Prime kinda pointless unless she has her weird little heart set on one. You can get a base AWD RAV4 for same price.

Hard to bear Toyota at any rate.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prius Prime kinda pointless unless she has her weird little heart set on one. You can get a base AWD RAV4 for same price.

Hard to bear Toyota at any rate.
She doesnt want any type of SUV. Wants a sedan. The advantage of the Prius Prime is she is just beginning to drive so it will only be around town. That 32-40 mile range on electric means she wont be buying gas generally. And she likes the look of the Prime with the 11" portfolio oriented screen.

Fucker

Log Wizard
She doesnt want any type of SUV. Wants a sedan. The advantage of the Prius Prime is she is just beginning to drive so it will only be around town. That 32-40 mile range on electric means she wont be buying gas generally. And she likes the look of the Prime with the 11" portfolio oriented screen.
Ahh, get the Prime then. Keep in mind, an all new model is coming out soon. 2023 Prius Prime is all new...2022 is old design. Price delta between Corolla and Prime means you'll never pay for it in gas savings.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ahh, get the Prime then. Keep in mind, an all new model is coming out soon. 2023 Prius Prime is all new...2022 is old design. Price delta between Corolla and Prime means you'll never pay for it in gas savings.
Most likely we are going to go with the Corolla, but the Prime is a dark horse. Kids love all the techie shit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Most likely we are going to go with the Corolla, but the Prime is a dark horse. Kids love all the techie shit.
The 2023 Prius Prime looks a lot better than the current model. Get her that one, and tell her no more birthday presents for the next 10 years. :D

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it’s the base model. It’s a 2014. Got it with 70k miles for 11k (which was the best deal I could find.) He’s been itching to upgrade things on it. I took him to sone junkyards yesterday. Got gas and brake pedals off of the next trim model up and these door step plates-

For $120. I think I got him hooked on junkyards now. That’s how I found upgrades for my cars when I was younger.

Pick and Pulls are great! GF has a 2012 accent with the same 1.6L engine, shes at 136k with no notable engine works. Replace the PCV breather valve, to help with oil consumption.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Pick and Pulls are great! GF has a 2012 accent with the same 1.6L engine, shes at 136k with no notable engine works. Replace the PCV breather valve, to help with oil consumption.
I got a warranty with the car. Only thing the warranty providers expect to make a claim on the warranty is that it’s an ASE certified mechanic. The guy that does the work on our trucks at work is going to go over it with it fine tooth comb and get everything up to where they should be. Starting with windshield wiper reservoir (and possibly pump). Vehicle went through a freeze about two weeks after I got it. Water in it from the dealer.

I had to jury rig some new clips to mount the sill plates but after cleaning them up good, touching up the lettering with some paint and reconnecting a wire, they work. Magnets get her tomorrow to mount on the underside of his doors to activate the lights.

2CA79E34-3780-4435-A6B0-284E8D2EC156.jpeg
316076A1-C2B0-4C50-8122-D91CF57E6F7C.jpeg
6865B3C2-CAB5-4149-B057-C9B03B55C258.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like this may be the "final" production version of Cybertruck. Added side mirrors and a windshield wiper.