What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
A friend of a friend has started modifying Ford Legends cars for drifting, I'm seriously considering picking one up if he isn't asking astronomical amounts for one.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think yall also missing on inside some awful like red camo wrap. Car visibly smells like weed
All I see is the speckle red custom carbon fiber D-style steering wheel, which is also a "racing" upgrade, I guess. I don't know what Jag offers, so maybe the seats and the parts of the dash with red accent are custom as well, but they don't look "bad."

I've looked at a lot of custom, after market interior stuff (for corvettes), and that one looks pretty tame by comparison, although certainly not something I would buy.

Went looking for some of the more odd steering wheel options to get a price to replace, but don't know custom Jag shops. If it was a vette, it would be $1000-$2500 to replace that wheel with a top of the line custom wheel and a factory replacement would probably be $500 - $1000.

When looking for some of the more funky steering wheels, I couldn't find that particular carbon fiber (I've seen it elsewhere), but I did find these two things:

C7 corvette
2024-03-23 11.19.47 apsisusa.com 67d89c49a10c.png

C6 Corvette
2024-03-23 11.01.28 bbvcustoms.com 41abe4864e77.png

In contrast to the best online corvette interior vendor:
2024-03-23 11.21.18 www.caravaggiocorvettes.com 7fb6b259453c.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I see is the speckle red custom carbon fiber D-style steering wheel, which is also a "racing" upgrade, I guess. I don't know what Jag offers, so maybe the seats and the parts of the dash with red accent are custom as well, but they don't look "bad."

I've looked at a lot of custom, after market interior stuff (for corvettes), and that one looks pretty tame by comparison, although certainly not something I would buy.

Went looking for some of the more odd steering wheel options to get a price to replace, but don't know custom Jag shops. If it was a vette, it would be $1000-$2500 to replace that wheel with a top of the line custom wheel and a factory replacement would probably be $500 - $1000.

When looking for some of the more funky steering wheels, I couldn't find that particular carbon fiber (I've seen it elsewhere), but I did find found these two things:

C7 corvette
View attachment 521129

C6 Corvette
View attachment 521130

View attachment 521131

Yup, I just vomited.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>

When looking for some of the more funky steering wheels, I couldn't find that particular carbon fiber (I've seen it elsewhere), but I did find found these two things:

C7 corvette
View attachment 521129

C6 Corvette
View attachment 521130

View attachment 521131
God damn that second one is terrible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Yup, I just vomited.
Oh and what I forgot to say earlier, aside from being a bit more than I'd hope to pay, those prices on LT1/2 (and a pain in the dick to search for if they have the Z package) are basically original MSRP for 2020/21's with 5-25k miles or so. Not sure if I bought one 3 years later the prices suddenly take a dumb, or if they will always hold well. Going to be strange someday if they slowly become as common as a Mustang, which certainly was some allure of the jag, I couldn't fill up w/ out a conversation in CO.

Burns

Oh and what I forgot to say earlier, aside from being a bit more than I'd hope to pay, those prices on LT1/2 (and a pain in the dick to search for if they have the Z package) are basically original MSRP for 2020/21's with 5-25k miles or so. Not sure if I bought one 3 years later the prices suddenly take a dumb, or if they will always hold well. Going to be strange someday if they slowly become as common as a Mustang, which certainly was some allure of the jag, I couldn't fill up w/ out a conversation in CO.
Corvette sales has it's ups and downs, but the average is at least half to a quarter of what Mustang/Camaro put out until recently and that's because the Mustang and Camaro production has fallen off a cliff over the last few years. I don't see why the fairly steady Vette production would change, outside of EV mandates pushing them out.

Outside of that, once you buy a car, your brain starts to notice them more, so you will certainly start to see more of them.

Without double checking, I think Corvette is the best US vehicle for holding it's value from new purchase (and one of the better ones overall), until it hits it's bottom and becomes classic/antique collector car. Also, as a reminder, sport cars in general hit their lowest yearly prices in the winter, then peak in the summer (larger fluctuation than other vehicle types).

Vette production Numbers:
https://vette-vues.com/total-corvette-production-numbers-model-years/
Mustang sales Numbers:
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-sales-throughout-years
Camaro production Numbers (Not including Firebirds, which were the same body):
https://raycee1234.blogspot.com/2018/09/chevrolet-camaro-yearly-production.html

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don’t pay that much. Vettes do not hold value like that in a normal environment unless it’s the special editions (C6Z 06 with Carbon package or C7ZR1 for instance).

Burns

No idea of C8 prices, but Corvette Forums is a good place to research them. Of course some/many people are going to be a bit over priced, but you can get a much better idea of what private sales are going for. Also, fuck dealers.

It takes me months to get a good handle on vehicle prices and starting up a google spreadsheet to copy/paste notes into helps a lot.

C8

C7

C6

Sludig

They have those brokers/ finders agents for cars, wife went crazy and used one for her rally or whatever rate veloster. Wasn't too too expensive. Though still maybe a waste of I'm just looking for a fairly basic lt1/2 and I'm unsure if I really need z51.

Of course all supposition that I even chose it over the F. Z51 is such a tiny power boost, the I think switchable exhaust if like on jag I liked, but not sure if I'd run it hard enough to even want the LSD that's one of the big pieces of that.

I know I think being a highway idiot not sure The PP pack on my mustang mattered.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have those brokers/ finders agents for cars, wife went crazy and used one for her rally or whatever rate veloster. Wasn't too too expensive. Though still maybe a waste of I'm just looking for a fairly basic lt1/2 and I'm unsure if I really need z51.

Of course all supposition that I even chose it over the F. Z51 is such a tiny power boost, the I think switchable exhaust if like on jag I liked, but not sure if I'd run it hard enough to even want the LSD that's one of the big pieces of that.

I know I think being a highway idiot not sure The PP pack on my mustang mattered.
Z51 on the Vette isn’t about power, it’s the suspension and brake upgrade.

Sludig

Z51 on the Vette isn’t about power, it’s the suspension and brake upgrade.
I mean those went without saying, but as I said I kinda doubt I'll see a track. Sometimes cars have performance packs that gain you like 30hp to get excited about. More brakes of course great, but seemed like the lsd might be the biggest difference that I'd notice for my use and even then dunno. And those suspension upgrades I havnt read closely into but id great just make for a much too stiff daily gt.

My first instinct is every package that's performance historically, but like on the mustang I think some of the stuff went under under utilized.

Burns

I mean those went without saying, but as I said I kinda doubt I'll see a track. Sometimes cars have performance packs that gain you like 30hp to get excited about. More brakes of course great, but seemed like the lsd might be the biggest difference that I'd notice for my use and even then dunno. And those suspension upgrades I havnt read closely into but id great just make for a much too stiff daily gt.

My first instinct is every package that's performance historically, but like on the mustang I think some of the stuff went under under utilized.
All C6, C7, and C8 trims should have limited slip differentials. The Z51/Zo6/ZR1 might have different ratios, depending on the package or year.

Performance wise was your previous Jag a proper track car? All I really know about them is that they look good, but so does the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro; which I wouldn't call any of those proper track cars. At least not stock.

While the Vette may not be a high performance Porsche, unless you are (at a minimum) a track day weekend warrior, the base trim should still be able to max out your driving skill level before you can max out it's performance ability. Will you notice Z51 in the corners when driving aggressively on the street... maybe. Will you notice better brakes outside of the track, probably not.

The thing I would look at for the C8 is to try to get the ability to lift it's nose in parking lots:

Last edited:

Sludig

All C6, C7, and C8 trims should have limited slip differentials. The Z51/Zo6/ZR1 might have different ratios, depending on the package or year.

Performance wise was your previous Jag a proper track car? All I really know about them is that they look good, but so does the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro; which I wouldn't call any of those proper track cars. At least not stock.

While the Vette may not be a high performance Porsche, unless you are (at a minimum) a track day weekend warrior, the base trim should still be able to max out your driving skill level before you can max out it's performance ability. Will you notice Z51 in the corners when driving aggressively on the street... maybe. Will you notice better brakes outside of the track, probably not.

The thing I would look at for the C8 is to try to get the ability to lift it's nose in parking lots:

Like anything some online articles copy and paste each other, but stuff I read seemed to act like the lsd was being the z51 at least in the release 2020 MY. If it isn't then that's great.
Little lower than I thought on those stock lol damn. My jag had a tough time not scraping my curb though I had crappy steep angled 4 or so inch curbs. Out here it's better but that looks like it might scrape just the slope into my garage.

No jag isn't a track car. As savage geese said it's a muscle car for people that can read lol, but yes a big grand tourer that gets loud and obnoxious. Fits with me saying a few times now I'm not really looking for track. Comfy, fast in a straight line and won't lose itself taking a on ramp fast is most of what I need. I did love the lift back of the jag keys you actually store a lot. I picked up multiple bags of mulch etc in it.

Saw some local dealers with the z06 for like 250k. Glad to see so much Mark up game still despite interest rates and alleged mfg crack downs

Last edited:

Burns

Like anything some online articles copy and paste each other, but stuff I read seemed to act like the lsd was being the z51 at least in the release 2020 MY. If it isn't then that's great.
Little lower than I thought on those stock lol damn. My jag had a tough time not scraping my curb though I had crappy steep angled 4 or so inch curbs. Out here it's better but that looks like it might scrape just the slope into my garage.

No jag isn't a track car. As savage geese said it's a muscle car for people that can read lol, but yes a big grand tourer that gets loud and obnoxious. Fits with me saying a few times now I'm not really looking for track. Comfy, fast in a straight line and won't lose itself taking a on ramp fast is most of what I need. I did love the lift back of the jag keys you actually store a lot. I picked up multiple bags of mulch etc in it.

Saw some local dealers with the z06 for like 250k. Glad to see so much Mark up game still despite interest rates and alleged mfg crack downs
The 2024 Z51 page does specify a different gear ratio for the package and it mentions an Electronic controlled LSD (eLSD). So that can certainly make it a bit confusing when just reading over it.

GM's website has all the C8 LT1 stats listed, it's just hidden behind the menus (the "mechanical" expansion at the bottom-ish). Corvette forum had the info on the other generations and they also said Positraction is GM's in house developed/name for LSD.

If you get focused in on a year, you might search the C8 subforum on corvette forum for something like "differences between 2020 and 2021" because sometimes their can be changes between the years. For the LSD, I doubt they would remove that from the base model for a few years, after every car since at least 2005 has had it.

For storage, I think the C6 and C7 should easily out perform the C8 and maybe even come close to the Jag. I would estimate three bags of mulch in the hatch, or maybe only two if its the real fluffy kind (not that I ever would). The back hatch is surprisingly roomy, whereas the front trunk of the C8 looks rather cramped.

Also, Ferrari Roma prices for a C8 Z06 seems like a little much.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going with a group of 8 cars. Trailering from Texas, flying in, driving mountains before/after. Should be a fun event.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Going with a group of 8 cars. Trailering from Texas, flying in, driving mountains before/after. Should be a fun event.

California? Pass.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fair enough if you don’t want to live here, but there’s some gorgeous drives/trips to be had.
Burren Burren whats the route?
I'm not exactly sure yet. Will probably try Angeles Crest and some of the roads around that, during the work day (hopefully less busy?). Staying in Orange County doesn't give us a ton of access to awesome roads, but it should still be fun.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not exactly sure yet. Will probably try Angeles Crest and some of the roads around that, during the work day (hopefully less busy?). Staying in Orange County doesn't give us a ton of access to awesome roads, but it should still be fun.
Yeah, definitely less options just in OC. You’ll probably want to stick to the coast and head north past LA or go inland a bit and hit the mountains.

PCH is from Malibu up as far as you can go is amazing.