What's going on at Blizzard?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To do harder mythics. My question was more: if you're raiding, what's wrong with getting upgrades from WQs, dungeons, and raiding instead of just raiding?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right the harder mythic thing is a Diablo construct. My point is the loot system is retarded. I don't mind getting gear from other aspects of the game but it feels way off.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The loot in raids if you do personal is so much better than anything they've done prior. A couple extra pieces drop, and you can still trade them to other people if they're they same or lower ilvl than what you already possess. Being able to trade additional pieces, you can gear up significantly faster. And with multiple tiers of potential upgrades per level of difficulty, it means you can essentially run indefinitely and never really reach maximum gear score (incentivizing running over and over). It's become a bit like Diablo in that respect. But with WOW mechanics. (even if my twister trinket makes me feel like a wizard) Another bonus about personal loot is you don't have to fuck with DKP systems, or other loot systems.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Pls world of diablocraft

I'm not sure how popular of an idea this would be but I would absolutely love to explore the world of Diablo. There's so may landmarks I would like to see at that setting from Diablo I and II. The music would be awesome as well (I know that's probably not a big deal to some). Raid encounters would be easy to come up with and would be awesome as well. Would be cool to see different "planes" that Diablo, Baal, etc. held dominion over.

I'm really hoping but not hold my breath.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
looks like big diablo news coming.
For those that aren't super big Blizzard knowledge junkies why do those two tweets signal that? I get the first tweet because he left Marvel Heroes and looks like he's interviewing at Blizzard again but the second tweet I don't get the significance of.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure how popular of an idea this would be but I would absolutely love to explore the world of Diablo. There's so may landmarks I would like to see at that setting from Diablo I and II. The music would be awesome as well (I know that's probably not a big deal to some). Raid encounters would be easy to come up with and would be awesome as well. Would be cool to see different "planes" that Diablo, Baal, etc. held dominion over.

Looks like the original concept for D3 was an open world.

David Brevik said:
Original design for D3 was an open-world game with 20+ people playing together. Random dungeons, static over-world.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why would they make a Diablo MMO when they already own the fantasy MMO market? Let alone a Diablo MMO when their current MMO uses systems from the Diablo 3 game...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why would they make a Diablo MMO when they already own the fantasy MMO market? Let alone a Diablo MMO when their current MMO uses systems from the Diablo 3 game...
Nerds will pay for anything Blizzard?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The percentage of MMO population that subs and maintains a sub for more than 3 months can't be that great. A lot of gamers are transient following whatever releases new content for a couple months and then floating over to the next. If Blizzard decides they want two MMOs and then alternate content releases every 3 months they'll maintain a sub to Blizzard for at least one of them and have an increased chance of doubling.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The percentage of MMO population that subs and maintains a sub for more than 3 months can't be that great. A lot of gamers are transient following whatever releases new content for a couple months and then floating over to the next. If Blizzard decides they want two MMOs and then alternate content releases every 3 months they'll maintain a sub to Blizzard for at least one of them and have an increased chance of doubling.

Exactly. The hard part is the mechanics, you can put lipstick on any pig to make it work. See how the D3 ideas made Legion an amazing expac - literally identical in concept just with a different flavor and some toppings.

I would be totally OK with WoW, Diablo and SC MMOs at the same time. Each will have slightly different ideas on the same core and eventually you'll get bleed over and awesome games.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The great Diablo music guy is over at Runic now. Not a fan of anything blizz has done since he left.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong

Raid encounters

You fantasize about a Diablo MMO and the first thing that comes to mind is raid encounters?

I'm not a fan of the idea of a Diablo MMO as it is, but a Diablo MMO with raids would make me throw up in my mouth a little. Even in WoW they felt really out of place to me, and one of my biggest issues with the game is the way they copy-pasted EQ style raiding in for the endgame instead of coming up with something new and more engaging (and, you know, involving the "War" part of "Warcraft").

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The MMO genre is played out anyway. I wanted a Diablo MMO a decade ago, sure. Now, I would much prefer if they make a great ARPG in the Diabloverse instead of painting over WoW with the Diablo brush.