What's going on at Blizzard?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Isn't that want the premise of Mythos was?
Yeah, sort of. Blizzard experiments a lot before they show their games to public, I know SC2 had squads and cover at one point before they decided it didn't play good enough/strayed too far from the fast paced gameplay.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that an ice burn? I am too removed from this shit at this point to know if srs?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Population from a fall expansion doesn't drop til holiday season gets in full swing, so Thanksgiving-ish.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it was a serious comment, Legion's still going strong it seems at least going by twitch viewer metric, just got a new patch although I've heard mixed things about it. Generally expansions die out a few months later, once they announce there won't be shit anymore in this expansion until a year later when they release the next expansion. They said it wouldn't happen this time I believe but... yeah.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I mean, Nighthold will come out at the beginning of the year and they already have the bosses lined up. Im sure they could rework shit so thats the last raid instance, but that would leave some holes. The island in the bottom right will go unimplemented, or they'll put 5 minutes of work into it instead of making it the entrance to the final raid zone. At least thats what my theory is.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The island in the bottom right will go unimplemented, or they'll put 5 minutes of work into it instead of making it the entrance to the final raid zone. At least thats what my theory is.
They've got two outdoor areas that are underused.

The non-instanced version of Eye of Azshara could be used to set up some storyline around Azshara/Old Gods stuff.

The Broken Shores is going to be used for the final push of the Legion storyline.

That's in addition for whatever stuff goes on around Suramar for 7.2. So, in theory, they could dribble some content in patches:

- 7.2 Suramar pushback (Nighthold) in january
- 7.3 The Nagas of Azshara exploit the situation (open up outdoor Eye, add a minor 3-boss raid) in Q2.
- Expansion announced at Gamescom, beta to open Q4.
- 7.4 Final defeat of the Legion (open up Broken Shores, Tomb of Sargeras final raid) in mid-Q3.

And then... we wait for 8.0 initially anticipated in Q2, arriving in late Q3 2018...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say I am enjoying legion the world quests are good enough content for day to day stuff and I still wind up getting an upgrade for main or off spec on the character I have been playing since launch often enough for them to still be useful. Still not finished up latest suramar stuff and new falconsaurs thing seems interesting gives me a good excuse to do some critter fights. I still need to get some time to get my ass into mythics as I want to do kharazan but been busy lately so have not had time to jump in those yet so a lot of content from launch mythic wise and now 7.1 I have not even stepped foot in yet. Only done a bare minimum of battle grounds which is normally what I would be doing hardcore at this point in an expansion so so far legion is doing a pretty solid job content wise. Can they keep from having major content droughts going forward is the big question we are still likely dealing with stuff done before launch.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They've got two outdoor areas that are underused.

The non-instanced version of Eye of Azshara could be used to set up some storyline around Azshara/Old Gods stuff.

The Broken Shores is going to be used for the final push of the Legion storyline.

That's in addition for whatever stuff goes on around Suramar for 7.2. So, in theory, they could dribble some content in patches:

- 7.2 Suramar pushback (Nighthold) in january
- 7.3 The Nagas of Azshara exploit the situation (open up outdoor Eye, add a minor 3-boss raid) in Q2.
- Expansion announced at Gamescom, beta to open Q4.
- 7.4 Final defeat of the Legion (open up Broken Shores, Tomb of Sargeras final raid) in mid-Q3.

And then... we wait for 8.0 initially anticipated in Q2, arriving in late Q3 2018...

You're missing the troll dungeon. Did they ever skip the troll love before Draenor? Another reason why it sucked I guess, gotta have troll content in each expansion cycle.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well I mean, Nighthold will come out at the beginning of the year and they already have the bosses lined up. Im sure they could rework shit so thats the last raid instance, but that would leave some holes. The island in the bottom right will go unimplemented, or they'll put 5 minutes of work into it instead of making it the entrance to the final raid zone. At least thats what my theory is.

You're kind of describing Sunwell and the area immediately outside of it. They did a great job flushing that zone out. Granted, I haven't played WoW in a few years, but the memory of Sunwell and the huge area outside full of daily quests rings true. It wasn't a half ass attempt at all.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You guys are forgetting we don't have our daily island yet

the entire Broken Isle is a daily island. The biggest success with Legion was world quests; creating dozens of dailies and tricking players into thinking they were something else!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm a "hardcore casual" in that I don't raid other than LFR and mostly play solo, but I play everyday for a few hours.. I've never been hit as hard by "content draught" as most people because I always have things to do or collect or catch up on, but still, this is the first time I've seen Blizzard so ready to deliver new content and planning so far ahead on delivering it...

So far in this Blizzcon, they've said Patch 7.1.5 is coming on PTR this coming week for a release "around the corner", but we also already have the details for Patch 7.2 (includes notably flying, class epic mounts, a new quest zone and a new giant raid instance), but they've even already mentionned what Patch 7.3 is about (Argus). I couldn't be more pleased.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user