Whats rustling your jimmies?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just washmed my truck, seneding invites out to all my friends to bring their own wax to try it out on it. I'll let them know in a few months which one looks better.

Bring your own meat to a hamburger cook on a grill. Yeah, NO.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
He made himself two giant burgers and ate them while everybody else just sat there. Most left before he finished lol.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Please tell me you guys went back and stole his grill then took it around town taking pics as you mail a pieces of it to him. It culminates with a video at a junkyard where the car compactor crushes the grill into a tiny square. Of course you drop off the cube of metal at his front door.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This rustles me.

pLm08B5.jpg

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How old is the grill guy?
I could see a younger person in like early 20s doing it...would be the cheap friend that everyone gets annoyed at but id some what get it.
If hes in his 30s or higher though uhhh

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Get some fucking hotdogs, Jesus you can feed 20 people for 20 dollars. I would have invited everyone to my house to have a real cookout

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was indeed during college. He was OK in the dorms but when he moved out, he insisted on not having roommates, or keeping lights on or appliances plugged in. Wouldn't even let us watch TV.

He ended up quitting college to go work at Enterprise or something stupid like that.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Questions:
At what age is it assumed when you invite your friends over for dinner that liquor will be supplied by the host as we past the assumed at the BYOB age.

at 35 its still hit and miss apparently: I have a stocked cabinet and am happy to share when I host, when I am the visitor I often bring a bottle of wine as a gift to the host but I see that differently then BOYB (mostly because I want to drink their whisky)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Please tell me you guys went back and stole his grill then took it around town taking pics as you mail a pieces of it to him. It culminates with a video at a junkyard where the car compactor crushes the grill into a tiny square. Of course you drop off the cube of metal at his front door.
Don't steal the Grill, steal the propane tank or the Natural Gas hose.
Nothing like prepping your meat and walking out to your grill just to realize you have no fuel! Oh man the Jimmies.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Questions:
At what age is it assumed when you invite your friends over for dinner that liquor will be supplied by the host as we past the assumed at the BYOB age.

at 35 its still hit and miss apparently: I have a stocked cabinet and am happy to share when I host, when I am the visitor I often bring a bottle of wine as a gift to the host but I see that differently then BOYB (mostly because I want to drink their whisky)
Depends on how alcoholic your friends are, I'll usually roll to a BBQ with a 24 pack and some whiskey but that's about it and it's all gone very quickly.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Questions:

I think it totally depends on the occasion, friend, etc. I pretty much never expect a host to give me liquor though, unless it's an occasion where you can't bring your own (wedding, for example). As a guest, you should be bringing whatever it is that you want to drink (how is the host supposed to know the drink preferences for however many guests?), plus a bottle of wine as a token of appreciation for them hosting you (or dessert, appetizer, etc). Like you said, if they want to take a drink of whatever spirits I have on hand, that's totally fine by me. If they complain that I don't have vodka or rum or some shit, they're probably going to get told to go fuck themselves. If you wanted to drink that, you should have brought it your own fucking self.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I usually provide a bottle of liquor or a 12 or 24 of beer depending on size of crowd. Essentially a you can have a drink on me but if you want to get drunk it's on you.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Being the only guy that pulls over to the right when an emergency vehicle is going by in the opposite direction (not a divided road, and no suicide lane).

People looking surprised and/or upset when I want to pull back out into traffic once the emergency vehicle has gone past.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We have a VW in the shop now. If it's waiting on parts, I haven't been told, but it's been in for a long time. But hey, the VW is a jimmy rustle anyway, so here goes.

Car died on my wife right before vacation. I told her to get it to the dealership so they can look at it. Turns out its a clogged Diesel Particulate Filter ... basically their version of a catalytic converter from what I can tell. 3 grand to fix it because it wasn't designed to be replaced, so you have to do the entire exhaust system. The service tech is telling us it's a known VW issue that they will probably be issuing a recall for some time this year. But we have to pay the bill now unless we want to park it until they get around to the recall. He also can't even guess whether we will be reimbursed if and when the recall finally comes. Such bullshit. This is a TDI "cheater diesel", so they already have a rash of shit coming over that. We actually don't give a fuck about it cheating on emissions testing, but now the fucking thing can't be driven reliably and that pisses me off.

I don't really blame the dealership though. The absolute best you could hope for from them is to not make us pay until the recall is issued, then collect it from VW. But if there are a lot to do, that wouldn't be a smart way to run a business.

This thing is a fucking money pit. I'll ignore that the service costs so much from the dealership, because I knew I signed up for that. But everything that breaks (and there has been a lot of shit break) costs an arm and a leg. The cheapest thing so far was rear view mirror, it only cost 4 fingers at a measley $400

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
German car? I know that a lot of the times will have stuff on backorder and has to come from Germany with no expected release date.
Nope, got rid of my Beemer last winter. Aside from dropping a valve - whch only took 2 days to fix - that car was great, lol. This time its my Dodge in the shop. Random piece in the transmission failed and a whole bunch of shit had to be ordered from Chrysler. Then, when it all arrived and they took it apart they realized they needed a tiny crush-washer....which also had to be ordered.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Company is making us 'upgrade' to windows 10 by the end of the month while it's still free. I'm trying to get my computer to a spot where it can do it's thing and I'll let it run overnight. I thought I was there an hour ago, but it started over. Right now I'm waiting for it to check for updates again. It's been at 0% for 30 minutes.

THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.