Whats rustling your jimmies?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
American money being all the same size/color rustles my jimmies. After using foreign currency for several years you get used to how nice it is being able to pull cash out of your wallet simply based on size and/or color.

And still on the topic of money, coins in general rustle my jimmies. I feel sorry for the European folks who have to carry around sacks of coins. Thank god for the $1 bill and down with those retarded dollar coins. In England/Ireland I felt like I was in fucking Westeros handing over handfuls of gold dragons and silver stags everytime I bought something.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I use cash probably like 0.0001% of the time when I purchase stuff. AmEx, yo. AmEx.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Fuck differently sized paper bills, that shit is a nightmare to properly put away and sort in your wallet.

McCheese

Fuck differently sized paper bills, that shit is a nightmare to properly put away and sort in your wallet.
I imagine money of any size is difficult to handle when your fingers are sticky with maple syrup and frozen from the Canadian winter winds.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Deep breath...
Companies that have cashiers ask for charitable donations while giving you your change.
True story, Wal mart I work at is doing the CMN charity drive, so to try and get the cashiers to sell more balloons or whatever it is the reward for the top seller is lunch with one of the Assistant managers.

Since they announced the "reward" 3 weeks ago we've sold 4. Managers are baffled why we aren't selling any.

McCheese

It rustles my jimmies that every grocery store/pharmacy has its own card now if you want to actually get a decent price for shopping there.

*edit* another rustle just occurred so I'll tack it on here: head of HR at my company just edited something I wrote. She changed "in which all employees participated" to "which all employees participated in".

*edit* and another: people who say "libary".

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
American money being all the same size/color rustles my jimmies. After using foreign currency for several years you get used to how nice it is being able to pull cash out of your wallet simply based on size and/or color.
I'm gunna go with fuck you on this one. America is too classy to start handing out the monopoly money third world countries use. I do see your point, and I've even fucked up before by giving a stripper a 100 when I thought it was a 20. But still, it's not worth it. Gotta keep the money the same size and color.

*edit* another rustle just occurred so I'll tack it on here: head of HR at my company just edited something I wrote. She changed "in which all employees participated" to "which all employees participated in".

*edit* and another: people who say "libary".
LOL your face is red, like a strawbrary

i never was good at grammer, but isn't that a dangling participial? I'd probably light her up if my name was listed as the author. I had a similar situation where my project manager wrote something recently that was riddled with technical errors. Some of the mistakes had been corrected by both me and another guy, but he ignored it and put my name down as the author and released it.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Deep breath...
Companies that have cashiers ask for charitable donations while giving you your change.
I'm with you on this, along with the retarded upselling they try to do at every store now. Buy anything at any convenience or grocery store and it's "any chips, stamps or ice with that?", implying you are too fucking dumb to find that bag of chips you wanted and put it on the counter to pay for.

True story, went into a Circle K today to grab a drink and while I was waiting in line I grabbed one of those 99c bag of chips. When I get up to pay the cashier says "any chips or ice with that?". Not wanting to a be a dick I resisted the temptation to point out that she just scanned a bag of chips, and said "No, Thank you" politely. I pay her and and instead of giving me my change she takes it and holds it over the fucking donation box, and says "would you like to help out the children and donate your change today?". I say "No, Thank you" again politely and put my hand under hers so she drops my change into my hand, and walk out. She gives me a death stare like I just killed her kids or something.

Jimmies severely rustled.

blakwood_sl

shitlord
I'm with you on this, along with the retarded upselling they try to do at every store now. Buy anything at any convenience or grocery store and it's "any chips, stamps or ice with that?", implying you are too fucking dumb to find that bag of chips you wanted and put it on the counter to pay for.

True story, went into a Circle K today to grab a drink and while I was waiting in line I grabbed one of those 99c bag of chips. When I get up to pay the cashier says "any chips or ice with that?". Not wanting to a be a dick I resisted the temptation to point out that she just scanned a bag of chips, and said "No, Thank you" politely. I pay her and and instead of giving me my change she takes it and holds it over the fucking donation box, and says "would you like to help out the children and donate your change today?". I say "No, Thank you" again politely and put my hand under hers so she drops my change into my hand, and walk out. She gives me a death stare like I just killed her kids or something.

Jimmies severely rustled.
In that same vein, companies that try to hock their discount, gas, or company credit cards during check out. I used to be polite and say no, thank you, and that was the end of it. Anymore and I'm being hassled and hard sold on another fucking tag for my key chain. At what point did the job description of cashier change to include salesmanship? Look man, I know you are only doing your job, but I didn't come up here to sign up to your shitty club or chat with you. I came here to buy this thing, so take my money and shut the fuck up.

Regarding donations, it feels like manipulation to me. Like they are using the fear of embarrassment of being a cheapskate to coerce you into charity. Seems less like charity and more like panhandling.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
At what point did the job description of cashier change to include salesmanship?
As somebody who used to work retail, I can assure you we hated it just as much as you do. Having to be in the customers face all the time with "assistance", was annoying as hell and ultimately led to my utter disdain for it. The vast majority of the time, the customer will come to you if they want/need help. It's why Amazon and online retailers keep gobbling up market share. It's why places like Wal-Mart are slowly being phased out and having to adopt more "online ordering" strategies. People don't want to constantly be pestered with "Do you have a moment to talk about Jesus!" antics.

McCheese

As somebody who used to work retail, I can assure you we hated it just as much as you do. Having to be in the customers face all the time with "assistance", was annoying as hell and ultimately led to my utter disdain for it. The vast majority of the time, the customer will come to you if they want/need help. It's why Amazon and online retailers keep gobbling up market share. It's why places like Wal-Mart are slowly being phased out and having to adopt more "online ordering" strategies. People don't want to constantly be pestered with "Do you have a moment to talk about Jesus!" antics.
Chain restaurants are the worst for this kind of shit. For example, at Olive Garden the server is required to a) describe one of the featured wines to you (which they are holding in front of you at the table), b) offer a free sample of the wine, c) suggest 2 alternate alcoholic drinks, d) suggest an appetizer, e) suggest two (expensive) meals. I always hated that shit as a customer and I hated doing it as a server. Let me look at the menu and if I have a question I'll fucking ask, and if I want wine/drinks I'll fucking order it. However, the managers would prowl around and if you didn't do all of that immediately upon greeting a table you would face disciplinary action. Jimmies rustled!

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
So you don't really care whether she actually learned the language or not (which if she didn't, she wouldn't have passed the tests) but if you didn't feel self-satisfied by your in-class dog and pony show, fuck what they learned, right? Because it's not about them learning shit (which the tests would show), it's about you.
This would make sense if tests were perfect measures of performance. But since it may be not feasible to do speaking/listening/etc tests due to time constraints and number of students in a language class, and more importantly, tests can be crammed for and you forget everything afterward, they are not very effective measurements of performance.

Plus people vary wildly in simply how good they are at taking tests. My GPA for example was way overrepresentative of what I actually learned because I'm just a good test taker. There are people smarter than me that aren't good at taking tests and have worse GPAs. So yes, if tests were better measures of knowledge, you would be right to say attendance is worthless. But they're not (and for a language class they never will be).

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Plus people vary wildly in simply how good they are at taking tests. My GPA for example was way overrepresentative of what I actually learned because I'm just a good test taker. There are people smarter than me that aren't good at taking tests and have worse GPAs. So yes, if tests were better measures of knowledge, you would be right to say attendance is worthless. But they're not (and for a language class they never will be).
How do you know they're smarter than you if they universally do worse on tests?

McCheese

When I'm at the grocery store and some funbag blocks the entire aisle with their cart and act miffed when I try to get by.
This rustles my jimmies, too. I usually just move their cart myself if it's really in the way. Fuck them if they don't like it.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
How do you know they're smarter than you if they universally do worse on tests?
Some people know their shit yet you mention the word test and they go into panic mode. Chick that was in a couple history classes with me would do kick ass on projects and when you talked to her it was obvious she knew the material yet she did shitty on tests.

Side note she also fucks like a tiger that's a tale best left for TGWBYHT.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Some people know their shit yet you mention the word test and they go into panic mode. Chick that was in a couple history classes with me would do kick ass on projects and when you talked to her it was obvious she knew the material yet she did shitty on tests.

Side note she also fucks like a tiger that's a tale best left for TGWBYHT.
All of life is a test. I would say those type of people don't deserve the grades people who can perform under pressure do. In fact, I would say those people getting great grades because of others accommodating their disabilities rustles my jimmies.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
All of life is a test. I would say those type of people don't deserve the grades people who can perform under pressure do. In fact, I would say those people getting great grades because of others accommodating their disabilities rustles my jimmies.
Your life is weird if you are sitting down for 60 minutes and answering questions on a piece of paper every day. Perhaps you are mentally ill