Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I've probably posted this before but will probably continue reposting it occasionally until it fucking stops.

When you write someone an email, and instead of writing back with an answer, they fucking call you. This always means one thing: they're a dishonest fuck who's gonna say something verbally they wouldnt be willing to put in writing.

Write it the fuck down or I'm emailing back with a full transcript of our conversation for the record, you dishonest fuckstick

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 7 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
2 for 1 today.

Dad's been in the VA hospital due to a diabetic foot infection that he allowed to get out of hand. He's been there for a week and was supposed to be discharged today. I'm the only transportation available to get him home so I have to head down there after work this morning to get him, hoping it doesn't take forever and cut in to my sleep time too much. 30 minutes before I get to the hospital, they call. It turns out the IV antibiotics he has to be on for the next 6 weeks aren't ready so they can't discharge him today. Now I have to do the same shit tomorrow and hope they don't cancel at the last second again.

We're finally replacing the primary program I use at work. It was 20+ years old, written for IE only, used unsigned ActiveX controls and all kinds of fun shit. I've been using the replacement full time for 2 months or so and they still haven't put in the keyboard shortcuts. 100% mouse driven still, with dropdown menus replaced by popup boxes, so I can't even tab around and type to make selections. Slows me way the fuck down, especially with having to go from one side of the screen to the other for repetitive shit.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got an email from BofA saying "you haven't used your credit card in 9 years and 11 months so we are closing it in a month unless you use it." Took the hint and used it. Pulled a couple more cards out I never use to do the same thing. One was fine and the other declined. Turns out Citi cancelled my card in 2020 with zero notification. The rep on the phone confirmed no email or snail mail was sent.

My fault for not using them for a decade but a simple email or mail warning and I would have used it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Got an email from BofA saying "you haven't used your credit card in 9 years and 11 months so we are closing it in a month unless you use it." Took the hint and used it. Pulled a couple more cards out I never use to do the same thing. One was fine and the other declined. Turns out Citi cancelled my card in 2020 with zero notification. The rep on the phone confirmed no email or snail mail was sent.

My fault for not using them for a decade but a simple email or mail warning and I would have used it.

I was getting away with using Amex Platinum without the $500 annual fee for a few years. They finally caught on, but at least they snail mailed me before turning it back on so I was able to cancel.

Was worth it at the time for free 1st class lounge access at airports, and 15$ a month in Ubereats, but not worth keeping at cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

Surprised it lasted that long, I've seen accounts closed after 2 years of inactivity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Work on a Saturday, coworker wants to leave early - offers to come in on Sunday and work a full day to make up for it. Boss responds with yes, you and [Conefed] both come in tomorrow and work a full day without extra pay because you're both salary.

shiid, asking for Saturday was suck enough

• 2Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Work on a Saturday, coworker wants to leave early - offers to come in on Sunday and work a full day to make up for it. Boss responds with yes, you and [Conefed] both come in tomorrow and work a full day without extra pay because you're both salary.

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Too bad about the plans you already had sunday.

Unless you're a cuck.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Too bad about the plans you already had sunday.

Unless you're a cuck.
Was going to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 with friends. but instead did it that Saturday night after work. I'm a single parent with a littleone who is independent but two in a row was a bit much so the movie was good. As for the Sunday shift? yea went an hour+half over (and the coworker dipped out early too)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Was going to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 with friends. but instead did it that Saturday night after work. I'm a single parent with a littleone who is independent but two in a row was a bit much so the movie was good. As for the Sunday shift? yea went an hour+half over (and the coworker dipped out early too)

giphy.gif

"Oh damn, sorry boss. I can't do sunday on such short notice. Already have plans. Bought the tickets and everything. "

And if he wants to push it, have him reimburse you $1k for the taylor swift tickets you'll have to give away or something.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah we're opening a new location on Tuesday, so that's the crunch. extra rustles was today (Monday) - My department still busting ass one fire after another, one perfectly executed task after another yet so many more to go, and other departments are throwing pep rallies - literal karaoke, beanbag toss, card games, movies, etc. Was going to work through lunch but they were like free food! Sweet!? no. was cold by time we got it, and basically put hardened food splinters into my gums. threw that shit out and went back to work . and yeah, they got 30 minutes extra out of me today also.

comp time better come , tell ya that much

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
yeah we're opening a new location on Tuesday, so that's the crunch. extra rustles was today (Monday) - My department still busting ass one fire after another, one perfectly executed task after another yet so many more to go, and other departments are throwing pep rallies - literal karaoke, beanbag toss, card games, movies, etc. Was going to work through lunch but they were like free food! Sweet!? no. was cold by time we got it, and basically put hardened food splinters into my gums. threw that shit out and went back to work . and yeah, they got 30 minutes extra out of me today also.

comp time better come , tell ya that much
Passing Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
office space i would set the place on fire too if i didnt get my cake GIF by Maudit

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
California to vote on $800 BILLION reparation's bill for all black residents.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Bullshit