Wheel of Time

Del

Vyemm Raider
Forsaken.

Books 1-6 are pretty dang good.
7 and 8 lose momentum big time.
9 is so so, lot of really bad but some really good.
10 is so bad I will never open it again
11 has a few good moments.
12-13 are the Sanderson books and are enjoyable.
Very much agree with most of this, however I think Knife of Dreams is probably his best book since book 6. I liked the parts of The Gathering Storm that Jordan obviously wrote, but I just couldn't get into Sanderson's take on most of the characters. And his writing style felt very jarring compared to Jordan's.

Crossroads of Twilight is the worst book I've ever read. I'm surprised that I was even able to get through it.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Here you go... read at your own risk. Spoils the last few books.

not going to bother with spelling on names

Perrin - Saves Faile and the others being held by Shaido Aiel. Becomes effectively a dream walker.

Mat - Marries Toun, saves Moraine from the fox people in the Tower of Genji, unites a large part of the Seanchan and basically becomes Arthur Hawkwing

Elayne - becomes queen of Andor and that other country Rand gave her. Has twin babies.

Egwene - becomes the Rebel Amerlyn, goes to white tower to lock the harbors chains, gets captured. Starts a mini rebellion within the tower, saves the tower from a Seanchan attack. Other red Amerlyn gets taken to be a slave damane. Egwene becomes full Amerlyn and dies in a blaze of glory taking out Demandred and a large chunk of his army (he ended up being some clan chief of a people we never heard of from beyond the Aiel waste)

Nyneave - Marries Lan and then goes to Final battle with Rand and Moraine. Can't remember if Lan dies or not but he gathers a huge army to defend the borderlands.

Rand - cleans male half of the source, is still crazy because of LTT. Gets his hand cut off, goes bonkers and about destroys the world from atop Dragonmount. Has moment of clarity and becomes the avatar of the Creator. No longer crazy but on a different level from everyone. Battles Moridin who is Ishmael and now the Avatar of the Dark One. Rand dies saving the world, but gets transfered into Moridins body and leaves alone with powers of the creator still (makes a pipe out of nothing )

All I can remember. It's worth it to read the last three books for the Final Battle chaperone alone. It's about a quarter of the final book. One huge epic chapter.

There are chapter summaries at the wot - encyclopedia for books and chapters you want to skip.

Sterling

El Presidente
Sanderson Mat was pure ass for the most part. Also after the slow pace of Jordan the pacing of Sanderson was pretty jarring. I feel like there's some happy median. That said, I generally like the Sanderson books ok and am glad that the series got finished.

Jovec

?
A TV adaption would force a needed clean-up of the books. Everything from the pacing/passage of time, to the plot holes, to problems caused (or not solved) by the unchecked power of some of the characters. I liked the books, but I'm sure I hold them in higher regard than they otherwise deserve because of how long the I've been reading the series.

His notes were released. Or to a small collection of people. As for Sanderson he said he was given very small leeway in creating the last books, even though Jordan had next to nothing laid out. The only part Jordan had for the last "book" was Rand sitting on the horse and lighting the pipe ( More notes have been put out, so maybe there was more than just what was originally said). There is ton of info on Dragonmount. Originally before everyone put it together, Demandred was really Taim. Some good little bits here and there. I also think it was also to be about Rand and Perrin, but Jordan decided to add Mat to have "him" in the book. Hence the black hat and stuff and Jordan always wore his black hat because of it. His wife didn't want Mat also at the start.
Taim
A look at Robert Jordans Notes - Books and eBooks - News - Home - Dragonmount | Dragonmount | A Wheel of Time Community
awesome. didn't know about that, going to read on it later. hard to say why some things changed; things never really turn out how you expect them to be. the notes aren't necessarily immutable, it'd be interesting to see his process and why things changed. some ppl are just better on rails.
i'd be down for it to be a longass running series like naruto minus the flashbacks/filler. there's a reddit/r/wot thread going on about cuts/changes that's interesting.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
About egwene, you have it wrong.it wasn't him that did, because Lan fought him. It's the other dude. On the phone, it won't let me spoiler tag it.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
About egwene, you have it wrong.it wasn't him that did, because Lan fought him. It's the other dude. On the phone, it won't let me spoiler tag it.
You're probably right. I only read the last book once and that was the week of the release.
And just use [ ] around spoiler to start and [ ] around /spoiler to end when on your phone.

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess I'm with everyone else. I remember buying the hardback books way back when and still have them and having to wait for the next one and so forth. I had to reread it several times due to the long periods between each book and I think I got to 6 or 7.
I still have a few of them that has been in a box in the closet for what 25 years or some shit.
I remember loving the first books but I don't remember much about the later ones and never did pick up anything past 7.
Now all I remember is Rand Althor or something and aesedi or some weird name and people staring at him with a eye or some crap. Hell it's been too long.
Series would do well with lots of women splattering people while he daggers shit. Sort of like The 100 but with fucked up dimensions.

Or am I just fucking crazy?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here you go... read at your own risk. Spoils the last few books.

not going to bother with spelling on names

Perrin - Saves Faile and the others being held by Shaido Aiel. Becomes effectively a dream walker.

Mat - Marries Toun, saves Moraine from the fox people in the Tower of Genji, unites a large part of the Seanchan and basically becomes Arthur Hawkwing

Elayne - becomes queen of Andor and that other country Rand gave her. Has twin babies.

Egwene - becomes the Rebel Amerlyn, goes to white tower to lock the harbors chains, gets captured. Starts a mini rebellion within the tower, saves the tower from a Seanchan attack. Other red Amerlyn gets taken to be a slave damane. Egwene becomes full Amerlyn and dies in a blaze of glory taking out Demandred and a large chunk of his army (he ended up being some clan chief of a people we never heard of from beyond the Aiel waste)

Nyneave - Marries Lan and then goes to Final battle with Rand and Moraine. Can't remember if Lan dies or not but he gathers a huge army to defend the borderlands.

Rand - cleans male half of the source, is still crazy because of LTT. Gets his hand cut off, goes bonkers and about destroys the world from atop Dragonmount. Has moment of clarity and becomes the avatar of the Creator. No longer crazy but on a different level from everyone. Battles Moridin who is Ishmael and now the Avatar of the Dark One. Rand dies saving the world, but gets transfered into Moridins body and leaves alone with powers of the creator still (makes a pipe out of nothing )

All I can remember. It's worth it to read the last three books for the Final Battle chaperone alone. It's about a quarter of the final book. One huge epic chapter.

There are chapter summaries at the wot - encyclopedia for books and chapters you want to skip.
Egwene..

She kills Mazrim Taim, but Demandred is killed by Lan (after Dem kills Gawyn and Galadred in separate 1v1's). Rand kills Ishamael after Shaidar Haran is destroyed by freeing the Dark One. Rand and the DO have a long back and forth showing each other how the world should/could be... Rand finally rejects the DO and wins the day. Lots of Aiel die, including Rhuarc.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i think Lan lives, i forget,

his fight was great though

D- i am the better swordsman you cannot win
L - i didn't say i was going to win, i said i was going to kill you.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Going to be trash.

Wheel of Time showrunner interview • r/KotakuInAction

Q"Rigid Mars-Venus gender division etc- troubling aspects of books. Plans to update/improve these? WoT’s gr8 to discuss gender but it isn’t without problems."
A"I’m a feminist and it’s very important to me that the show is feminist in today’s context. So a lot of those things will be changing."

Q"Rafe, will Rand's romance plot remain close to the books? I mean, liking one girl at first but ending up with three in the end?"

A"No."

Q "WoT is controversial regarding how it handles gender/sexuality/mental health. My audience at WoTTalk has expressed concern on how these topics will be handled. Would you mind commenting on these concerns/how you plan to approach these topics?"
A "I think the explorations of these topics is something important and I'll be using a lot of advisors and writers around me to make sure that we tackle them thoughtfully."

Q On LGTBQ+ representation:

A "I think that gender is such a key theme of the books, and discussing gender without a full representation of LGBTQ+ people would be a disservice to that discussion. Rest assured, their will be pillow friends out the wazoo."

Q Thank you so much for doing this!! Any chance you will be able to incorporate more LGBTQ characters than in the books?

A MoreYes!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user