Wheel of Time

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You know all those things that made the books popular and followed by millions? I, as the showrunner, can surely decide what to keep and what to throw away while still keeping the vast appeal....thought no fucking person ever.

Hollywood is such a bunch of fucking morons. They ruin everything with hubris.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The best part is how the books are pretty much a feminist fantasy of destructive men being controlled by gaggles of sexually liberated women, and yet it's not good enough for modern SJW "standards"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I read though that AMA and while some of his comments are cringeworthy, he goes back on what he said later on. I think the biggest news from it isn't about what's getting changed, it's the fact that there's not even an order for a single season yet, no directors, and no actors. I dont know donkey turds about TV production, but I wouldn't put much stock into anything he says until its past the pilot stage.

I still think this is going to be Shannara 2.0 though...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lol well I am not watching this American Inventor shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Its been a while since I read the series but aren't the people in emond's village all super white?

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Notice how Game of Thrones tried to faithfully stick with the author's depiction of the characters and it was a hit with all of the book fans?

No book fan is going to watch this now.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Funkor

Molten Core Raider

That cast...

Aren't they going to lose out on the whole fancy-lady-training-with-aboriginals fish out of water story thing when the fancy lady is an aboriginal?
Maybe they don't think the series will last that long? Otherwise yes, Egwene is going to look like a retard during that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Who are they even appealing to? Blacks dont read.

• 3Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of funny, when I heard about the casting my first reaction was Rosamund Pike is too tall to be Moiraine. :)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was certain they were going to make Rand Black to keep with the Hollywood theme for red heads

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just saw the casting for this, in the books they didnt know if rand was for sure Aiel. Now with a village of black people he will stand out and be dead fast as hell lol.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just saw the casting for this, in the books they didnt know if rand was for sure Aiel. Now with a village of black people he will stand out and be dead fast as hell lol.

You're assuming that they have not shifted the hard-as-nails, squeeze water from rocks, stoic Aiel to still be white with red hair. This makes it seem like they are probably going to be black or he will stand out in a village full of dark skinned people (as mentioned above).

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're assuming that they have not shifted the hard-as-nails, squeeze water from rocks, stoic Aiel to still be white with red hair. This makes it seem like they are probably going to be black or he will stand out in a village full of dark skinned people (as mentioned above).
No they cast him hes sort of white with red hair. Meh either way.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It has been too long, I can't remember. Maybe I'll read em all again next after I finish up revenger.

Seems like I do remember perrin having curly hair?

Fedor

<Banned>

That cast...

Aren't they going to lose out on the whole fancy-lady-training-with-aboriginals fish out of water story thing when the fancy lady is an aboriginal?

this is the show runner and he definitely doesn't crave black cock

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users