Where are all the MMORPG games? lol

Where are all the MMORPGs, A+++ titles?

• Total voters

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Only boomers like mmorpgs. It is as simple as that. The market is increasingly shrinking. If there were no boomer gamers and no Chinese gold farmers, mmorpgs literally wouldn't exist. Nothing would have been made after 2005 or some shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Young people only play games on touch screens. Significant percentages of them literally have no clue how to use a keyboard or controller for gaming. MMOs will need something really new like augmented reality without a tether, that or the original gamers to retire and take it back up instead of fucking pickleball. Honestly no one actually has the answer or it'd be in development, or easier to answer what doesn't work.

Honestly though, seeing the minor popularity of the GPS games, Pokémon, Ingress and the like. Some sort of combined augmented reality with an online component (the weather sucks often) would probably work. For now it's dead though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Young people only play games on touch screens. Significant percentages of them literally have no clue how to use a keyboard or controller for gaming. MMOs will need something really new like augmented reality without a tether, that or the original gamers to retire and take it back up instead of fucking pickleball. Honestly no one actually has the answer or it'd be in development, or easier to answer what doesn't work.

Honestly though, seeing the minor popularity of the GPS games, Pokémon, Ingress and the like. Some sort of combined augmented reality with an online component (the weather sucks often) would probably work. For now it's dead though.
How about a VR controller of a rigid penis they can suck because anyone who games exclusively on a touchscreen is a giant faggot?

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pantheon is our only hope. 🙏

Edit: and Camelot Unchained:

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
AoC is "play to crush", right? Player-built cities, with other players being able to raid them?

I give it two years tops before it has to close due to lack of players.

Two years ? Two months is more like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I had such high hopes for New World but I just dont love the modern style questing and loot tiers

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Young people only play games on touch screens.
Working in a school, all the boys are literally only playing FIFA, Fortnite and Call of Duty. Maybe Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto and fucking online Chess if they are more adventurous. They are almost all brain dead.

A minority of the girls are playing Genshin Impact. I think autistic teenage girls could turn it around for MMOs.

It's pretty grim, the RPG genre could just age out. This is why suddenly these games have swearing and sex scenes, they know that kids aren't playing them.

• 2Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There was a VR MMO, Zenith The Last City. It's failing though. I gave it a shot, it even had flying/gliding, and solid crafting. But it looked like a PS2 game, and characters ran worse than the puppets in Team America. But the prox voice chat being on by default was ...something!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Working in a school, all the boys are literally only playing FIFA, Fortnite and Call of Duty. Maybe Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto and fucking online Chess if they are more adventurous. They are almost all brain dead.

A minority of the girls are playing Genshin Impact. I think autistic teenage girls could turn it around for MMOs.

It's pretty grim, the RPG genre could just age out. This is why suddenly these games have swearing and sex scenes, they know that kids aren't playing them.

Here is thething. Fortnite kids, Destiny kids, COd Kids, they want and love the grind you just have toi have a quick way for them to progress

They wont play 5 hours to get a level and earn loot. but they will do 25 runs of whatever quick mode they have.

LDON is the future of MMORPGs

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
AoC is "play to crush", right? Player-built cities, with other players being able to raid them?

I give it two years tops before it has to close due to lack of players.
It's going to take 15 years of development and most players will quit within 2 months.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Evercraft online alpha weekend was hella fun, the game shows tons of potential

• 1Like

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Only boomers like mmorpgs. It is as simple as that. The market is increasingly shrinking. If there were no boomer gamers and no Chinese gold farmers, mmorpgs literally wouldn't exist. Nothing would have been made after 2005 or some shit.
Numbers suggest otherwise. A shitty game with a dumb setting managed almost a million concurrent players and cracked the top 5 on Twitch for a month. If an MMO can get almost a million people to try out roleplaying a conquistador (lol), I'd argue there's a viable market hungry for a game that doesn't suck.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Numbers suggest otherwise. A shitty game with a dumb setting managed almost a million concurrent players and cracked the top 5 on Twitch for a month. If an MMO can get almost a million people to try out roleplaying a conquistador (lol), I'd argue there's a viable market hungry for a game that doesn't suck.
Someone needs to come up with a good genre that's particularly suited to what MMOs make possible.

3 words:

Weird Space Western

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Someone needs to come up with a good genre that's particularly suited to what MMOs make possible.

3 words:

Weird Space Western
We already have a Starfield at home.

• 1Worf

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm

3 words:

Weird Space Western
You're already way ahead of the retards who conceived New World. I'd try the fuck out of that.

• 1Like