Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My Secret Lab Titan EVO 2022 is an awesome chair. It’s incredibly sturdy.

The only think I don’t love is arm rests have some wiggle, but I’ve seen videos on how to tighten them, just not a big enough deal for me to do it.

Gator

Trakanon Raider
For some reason Amazon has multiple models when you go to the link and swipe through the “color” options. You want the Atlas, which is this one. $279. I got mine from Amazon because I get 5% off, easy returns, free shipping.

View attachment 533899
Bought the chair from Amazon and had it assembled in 20-30 minutes. I was shocked how heavy the seat portion was. Once together the chair feels solid. It's definitely a huge upgrade from my old chair and my wife likes it. My only gripe I have so far is the arm rest tend to move a little to easy. I wish there was a way to lock them in place but it's not a big issue.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bought the chair from Amazon and had it assembled in 20-30 minutes. I was shocked how heavy the seat portion was. Once together the chair feels solid. It's definitely a huge upgrade from my old chair and my wife likes it. My only gripe I have so far is the arm rest tend to move a little to easy. I wish there was a way to lock them in place but it's not a big issue.
Glad you like it. That was my only complaint too, one of the armrests slides over really easy. The other one less so but still fairly easy. I have big memory foam armrest attachments so it’s useable in the outer setting so not a huge deal.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No matter how good your desk chair is, it's still a desk chair. Do you have cubicle walls and ugly fluorescent lights too? Take the home-theater-recliner-pill imo!
How does this work? What chair do you have?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does this work? What chair do you have?
Not these exactly, but pretty close. General idea is recliner with end-tables on each side that are the same height as the chair arm. Monitor attached to each table on a swing arm.
1720442254377.png
1720442270091.png

Keyboard goes in lap and mouse/trackball on the little swivel table attached to the chair. Mine is almost flush with the chair arm instead of sticking up like the pic. Although I'd be ok mousing on the end-table if the chair didn't have the little pivot table. If I were doing heavy data entry, the lap-keyboard might not be great, but it's fine for like 99% of what I do.
I've had this setup for maybe 7 years and still like it. Imagining being stuck at a desk all day seems like torture now lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bud, that looks and sounds incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Do you just play cookie clicker all day?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bud, that looks and sounds incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Do you just play cookie clicker all day?
If you think this looks more comfy than lounging in a recliner, well, ok.
1720453357128.png

Keyboard in your lap might take a little getting used to, but years of poopsocking eq from the couch trained me well. Other than that, I don't see the issue. Do you play console games at a desk too?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Keyboard in lap and mouse arm above at an awkward angle. Yes, it sounds uncomfortable.

Consoles games use a controller that can comfortably sit in your lap, designed precisely for couch play. Keyboards and mice are designed specifically to sit on a desk.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can get a board and lay it over the arms of the recliner to act as the "desk" for your m/kb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keyboard in lap and mouse arm above at an awkward angle. Yes, it sounds uncomfortable.
I've played games with my keyboard in my lap for my entire life. I hate using it on the desk so much that if it was the only option I probably wouldn't use it at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users