Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man please. I need a beach towel!
Please tell me this isn’t where you make your self love deposits. Because it looks like that’s where you make your self love deposits.

IMG_3422.jpeg

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As Hateyou said, it can bottom out and be uncomfortable.
What? I didn’t say that.

My post was only praise, I don’t have any issues with mine. I described my pain issues and the problem I have with other chairs that I don’t have with the Aeron.

Edit: I do agree it’s not a good chair to have a leg crossed in. However, you’re not supposed to do that if you’re trying to maintain good posture so I don’t count it as a negative.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Man please. I need a beach towel!

You so wanted to say "Bitch please". I know you did. And you can edit it. We are in a safe space here. You can say Bitch.

Flows better off the tongue.

Like the handy wipe paper towels up above the hearted love depository.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just landed a near brand new Steelcase Leap from the seasonal neighborhood garage sale for $35. The lady listed it on FB, my wife was curious about another item she listed, and I saw the chair, asked the brand, and she verified it - drove so fast surely hitting children and dogs on the way over to pick it up.

Huge win considering I was going to buy a Leap anyway sometime this year - merely saved $1250. Praise God!
I have a leap and I love the chair. Grats!

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is the best value chair I've found. It's not a Herman Miller but for the price it's great. What I've found to be way more important than the chair though is working out regularly and adding in some posture specific exercises, plus getting up and stretching/moving.

Not for nothing man. Save your loot and get a real chair. Notice a pattern here? Quite a few of us have ran the gambit on chairs. We always end up spending the loot in the end, and realizing it's one of the few things you actually buy that's worth the money. Except my chair. Not worth 1600. But ya, I sat in it for at least 12 hours working destroying demons with Janx Janx in Diablo 4. Not a single ache or pain which is rare for a fat guy that sits for so long. Wait. Save your loot up. Get a real chair. In the meantime, if you REALLY need a chair, get a free one off Offerup or Craigslist.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Not for nothing man. Save your loot and get a real chair. Notice a pattern here? Quite a few of us have ran the gambit on chairs. We always end up spending the loot in the end, and realizing it's one of the few things you actually buy that's worth the money. Except my chair. Not worth 1600. But ya, I sat in it for at least 12 hours working destroying demons with Janx Janx in Diablo 4. Not a single ache or pain which is rare for a fat guy that sits for so long. Wait. Save your loot up. Get a real chair. In the meantime, if you REALLY need a chair, get a free one off Offerup or Craigslist.

I am betting it reclines fairly well too.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I use an IKEA Markus. It's alright for $300.

I did not end up using the arms though as they where uncomfortable being so thin.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What? I didn’t say that.

My post was only praise, I don’t have any issues with mine. I described my pain issues and the problem I have with other chairs that I don’t have with the Aeron.

Edit: I do agree it’s not a good chair to have a leg crossed in. However, you’re not supposed to do that if you’re trying to maintain good posture so I don’t count it as a negative.

Yes, but I don’t know how the knockoffs are as I’ve never tried one.

My problem with chairs is that if the pad is too stiff/metal plate underneath when I stand up I have awful pain shooting down the back of my legs. I don’t really have lower back pain from chairs. The Aeron alleviates whatever it is that causes my leg pain. No idea if a $180 chair would do the same, it was the first one that worked for me so I’ve never tried anything else since getting it.

I read your original post, as the "Aeron's metal workings underneath the seat can be felt and annoying at times" or something, who knows... I clearly didn't use good reading comprehension.

To clarify, the Aeron is a phenomenal chair, especially if you're trying to force good posture. The seat certainly isn't bad, but the mesh-like seating can be "different" for people and I do occasionally get a bottom-out feeling when shifting in the chair - very minor though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is the best value chair I've found. It's not a Herman Miller but for the price it's great. What I've found to be way more important than the chair though is working out regularly and adding in some posture specific exercises, plus getting up and stretching/moving.

Those mesh chairs from Staples really aren't bad chairs, but yeah. The cost of good chairs is ridiculous, but worth it (and sadly, necessary). I was using an IKEA Markus as my office chair at home before finding the Leap. The Markus is a solid chair, but the padding on the "leather" version is kinda hard, and the arm rests suck etc.

These guys really do the Lord's work when it comes to chair reviews. They're extremely detailed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My Aeron was delivered fully assembled and has a 12 year warranty. Doubt I'll ever buy anything but Herman Miller ever again

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No matter how good your desk chair is, it's still a desk chair. Do you have cubicle walls and ugly fluorescent lights too? Take the home-theater-recliner-pill imo!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No matter how good your desk chair is, it's still a desk chair. Do you have cubicle walls and ugly fluorescent lights too? Take the home-theater-recliner-pill imo!
Nah. Way too much comfort equals a sleepy boy.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
What? I didn’t say that.

Game changer.

• 1Mother of God

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those mesh chairs from Staples really aren't bad chairs, but yeah. The cost of good chairs is ridiculous, but worth it (and sadly, necessary). I was using an IKEA Markus as my office chair at home before finding the Leap. The Markus is a solid chair, but the padding on the "leather" version is kinda hard, and the arm rests suck etc.

These guys really do the Lord's work when it comes to chair reviews. They're extremely detailed.

I bought this for my office at work, on their dime in case it sucked. It arrived today and is fantastic. Several people sat in it and they were all impressed, one person immediately bought it for their home office. Very thick cushion, very heavy duty, I’m really impressed this is under $300.

The only negative I see is the arm rests move left and right easily, but I have them in the outer most configuration and have mem foam pads I put on them that makes them wider and softer (I do this on all chairs) so this isn’t a negative for me. If I needed them to be closer I’d need to figure out some way to make them stay that way. They also have large angle adjustment so even if they’re all the way out you could angle them in and be fine, the angle adjustment is very solid and doesn’t move easily like the side to side. The forward and backward adjustment is also very solid and doesn’t move easily.

It’s the Colamy Atlas if you don’t want to watch the video.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I bought a Hinomi H1 Pro, and to be honest, I wish I hadn't. It has tons of options and different configurations, but that lower lumbar support just sticks out way, way too much. I've had to use pillows to kinda soften it up, but I think I want to replace it. Either I'm just going to look for a used Aeron in my area, or just get a really padded executive-type chair. I'm still waffling back and forth.

1718916781095.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bought this for my office at work, on their dime in case it sucked. It arrived today and is fantastic. Several people sat in it and they were all impressed, one person immediately bought it for their home office. Very thick cushion, very heavy duty, I’m really impressed this is under $300.

The only negative I see is the arm rests move left and right easily, but I have them in the outer most configuration and have mem foam pads I put on them that makes them wider and softer (I do this on all chairs) so this isn’t a negative for me. If I needed them to be closer I’d need to figure out some way to make them stay that way. They also have large angle adjustment so even if they’re all the way out you could angle them in and be fine, the angle adjustment is very solid and doesn’t move easily like the side to side. The forward and backward adjustment is also very solid and doesn’t move easily.

It’s the Colamy Atlas if you don’t want to watch the video.

If I didn't find the Leap on the cheap, I would've bought that chair to try it. It looks like a legitimately made chair - very impressive from a distance.