Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So remembering this thread and seeing that herman miller is running their sales I thought I'd drop in here.

Currently 25% off for gaming, 20% off for normal plus free shipping for everything else.

Grabbed an embody gaming.

Oldbased

> Than U
My Secret Lab cookies and creme chair is over 4 years old now. The seat and a armrest were replaced under warranty 2 years in free of charge due to a weld break but other than that, it functions and more importantly still looks like the day I bought it in early 2020.I used to go through chairs every year, 2 max. Delaminating busted bases/pistons/seat mounts you name it. I will be sad when my warranty goes out in 9 months but unless it has a freakish fail, it could easily go many more years anyways. My only complaint is they inovated a few times and have arm rests now I wish I had for the swappable options like foam, gel, hard and more control, but that is just me being a bitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
My Secret Lab cookies and creme chair is over 4 years old now. The seat and a armrest were replaced under warranty 2 years in free of charge due to a weld break but other than that, it functions and more importantly still looks like the day I bought it in early 2020.I used to go through chairs every year, 2 max. Delaminating busted bases/pistons/seat mounts you name it. I will be sad when my warranty goes out in 9 months but unless it has a freakish fail, it could easily go many more years anyways. My only complaint is they inovated a few times and have arm rests now I wish I had for the swappable options like foam, gel, hard and more control, but that is just me being a bitch.

My secret lab is still fucking killing it too, 3 years old and still in perfect condition.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
My secret lab is still fucking killing it too, 3 years old and still in perfect condition.
Things I been shocked most by was the fabric and the swivel/gas piston. I had never seen the odd tilted frame before and being that the normal chairs wallow out and fail at the connection from base to seat constantly I thought it would never hold up. Wrong. I've stood on this chair many times to adjust shit on the tv on wall, clean ceiling fan, install lights you name it. Not even a wobble after 4x as many years over the other common design.

What's really blown my mind is I have an army of rescue cats. They destroy shit pretty quickly if I don't put fabric protectors like baby blankets and shit on the couch and recliners. None of them are declawed. 4 years of climbing Mount Secret Labs to the top, jumping, clawing, fighting and not even a loose thread on the Secret Lab. WTF.

I was the one who weakened the base seat to armest weld 2 years in when I tripped and fell on the armest putting full external body weight on the armrest but even then it didn't fail till months after that, it just weakened it enough to allow movement and I told them that. They didn't care, shouldn't fail they said. Sent me a complete new seat fabric, foam and all and a whole new armrest.

Ya these chairs cost a lot. $500 when I bought, $600 now I think, but when you consider they will stand behind their shit you can promise action for 5 years so cost/5 compared to office chairs, gaming chairs and even lazyboy type chairs. Add in the fact you don't have to worry about it breaking down in looks too and hassle it is easily cheaper to spend the money up front than having your chair snap in half every year from constant use/getting up and down.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Liked this chair selection. Got one. Also need two storage sideboards for my office so i clicked on those on the HM website….$10,500 for a small storage cabinet? Get fucked.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I struggled with shit chairs for years until it really started to affect my health from long sessions of sitting. Last year I finally decided to invest in a good chair. The challenge was finding said chair without being able to sit in it to test.

I took a leap of faith on a Vertagear SL3800 and have not regretted it once. It's comfortable and offers me the support I've been looking for for years.

The only hiccup I had with it was about 1-2 months after purchase, the left armrest broke off as I leaned on it to adjust in the seat. I contacted their CS and had a new one shipped out to me within a couple weeks. Was very pleased.

Overall a very solid investment.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll add another +1 to Secret Labs titan chair. I've had it 4 or 5 years now and it still looks and feels brand new.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My secret lab omega is still solid after a few years. I will say the armrest foam did kind of pop on them, but they sent me new ones no questions asked. And might not be an issue in the newer versions. My cats have pulled a couple threads loose but I’ve mostly kept them away with my old chair still in the room (which is an absolute fucking unit of some $200 chair from Staples that’s 20+ years old now). For some reason, though, my ass still hurts sitting in it if I’m there for any extended period. Not sure if it’s a me problem or the chair itself but I have to get up frequently from it and let me butt re-adjust. It is firm, but probably best I get up and stand anyway, so silver lining, it’s trying to prevent me from getting another clot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just landed a near brand new Steelcase Leap from the seasonal neighborhood garage sale for $35. The lady listed it on FB, my wife was curious about another item she listed, and I saw the chair, asked the brand, and she verified it - drove so fast surely hitting children and dogs on the way over to pick it up.

Huge win considering I was going to buy a Leap anyway sometime this year - merely saved $1250. Praise God!

• 6Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For anyone still looking…I got my Aeron from Madison seating. I don’t know how or why the chairs are so cheap, if they are refurbs, overstock, returns, idk. Mine seemed brand new in the box and and wrapping. Getting one for $600 was the only way I was ever going to get one. They have the other Herman Miller chairs as well. The Leap is $340.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I snagged an Embody. Great chair. Solid. I do NOT think it's worth over 1600 bucks.

ccc.jpg

• 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I snagged an Embody. Great chair. Solid. I do NOT think it's worth over 1600 bucks.

View attachment 531361
I have this too. It's the most comfortable chair I've ever used. It is 100% not worth 1600 though, completely agree. However I never get back pain so that might say something.

Also, are those arm pads third party? Might need to get me some of those because the arms are the weakest part of that chair.

Also FYI the headrest is 3rd party as well, I had to pay 200 for mine from atlas. Not worth it, but also needed.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I bought a used Aeron on Madison seating in 2018 for around $600-700. Had a horrible experience with them, as there were several issues with the chair I received and they pretty much told me to pound sand. I thought I had done my research, but it turned out to be a poor purchase that I've regretted since.

I recently tested a Herman Miller/Logitech Gaming Embody vs a Haworth Fern (Digital Knit, Lumbar) while both were on sale during May, and ended up buying the Haworth Fern. It has its drawbacks, but I'm happy with my choice and I think I'd make the same one again. Every time I sit, my ass is so much happier than it was in the Aeron or the Embody.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have this too. It's the most comfortable chair I've ever used. It is 100% not worth 1600 though, completely agree. However I never get back pain so that might say something.

Also, are those arm pads third party? Might need to get me some of those because the arms are the weakest part of that chair.

Also FYI the headrest is 3rd party as well, I had to pay 200 for mine from atlas. Not worth it, but also needed.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Do you like the Aeron Hateyou Hateyou ?
I always wonder if they are better than the knock offs.
Yes, but I don’t know how the knockoffs are as I’ve never tried one.

My problem with chairs is that if the pad is too stiff/metal plate underneath when I stand up I have awful pain shooting down the back of my legs. I don’t really have lower back pain from chairs. The Aeron alleviates whatever it is that causes my leg pain. No idea if a $180 chair would do the same, it was the first one that worked for me so I’ve never tried anything else since getting it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Do you like the Aeron Hateyou Hateyou ?
I always wonder if they are better than the knock offs.
Definitely better than the knock offs, but still a mesh-like chair. As Hateyou said, it can bottom out and be uncomfortable. Not a chair to cross your legs in or bring underneath you etc. I like my work Aeron, but I prefer the Leap and I think I like the Embody better (I've only spent a few hours in one).

Also, if you're going to buy a used/refurb chair I believe Crandall and BToD are the ways to go.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 531361
That $1600 price tag isn't for the chair - it's for the warranty. Unless you purposefully damage the chair, as in take a knife to to the fabric or something dumb like that, they'll replace it or repair it no questions asked for 10 years.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
ccc.jpg

Brahma Brahma did your chair also come with it's own adult pleasuring kit? :p Sure looks like it. No wonder why you are in the adult screenshots section all the time.

• 7Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users