Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

oh god no. Brenda.
iu

:( :(

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
Richard Simmons was a top 5 guest on shows like Letterman and Howard Stern. Hilarious dude. I’ve heard every Stern interview with him like 10 times.

He was a genuine person who really cared about people around him.

He was a silly faggot, but if you grew up in the 80s he was our silly faggot.

No hate for the man. RIP

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He was a silly faggot, but if you grew up in the 80s he was our silly faggot.

No hate for the man. RIP
He was one of those flaming gay personalities like they had in the 70s. Like Rip Taylor or Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly. Fruitier than a case of oranges but hilarious and very friendly. Nobody gave a shit Richard was gay, you knew he was gay. He knew he was gay. He didn't have to force anyone to acknowledge that he was gay. He just was and you could enjoy him and you could see he was sincere when he tried to help those fatties lose weight.

I don't know if he actually succeeded in helping anyone with those stupid deal a meal cards or those low impact exercise VHS tapes, but at least his heart was in the right place even if that was just his grift to make a few bucks.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
He was one of those flaming gay personalities like they had in the 70s. Like Rip Taylor or Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly. Fruitier than a case of oranges but hilarious and very friendly. Nobody gave a shit Richard was gay, you knew he was gay. He knew he was gay. He didn't have to force anyone to acknowledge that he was gay. He just was and you could enjoy him and you could see he was sincere when he tried to help those fatties lose weight.

I don't know if he actually succeeded in helping anyone with those stupid deal a meal cards or those low impact exercise VHS tapes, but at least his heart was in the right place even if that was just his grift to make a few bucks.
The thing about those gays you mentioned (and a few others, Freddie Mercury for example)
Being gay wasn't their whole identity, they never tried to force you to accept them or to approve of them. They were not "in your face" with their militant gayness.
They were just people doing their thing that happened to be gay.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Things have changed. Watched a Carson from 1985 yesterday. Told Doc he looked light in the loafers and wanted to know why you car radio was always on a spanish station after you left the car wash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Things have changed. Watched a Carson from 1985 yesterday. Told Doc he looked light in the loafers and wanted to know why you car radio was always on a spanish station after you left the car wash.
media has changed, us assholes who laugh at jokes like that are still around.

• 1Solidarity

lurker

Vyemm Raider

I was just going to post about this. I remember listening to Bob Newhart on the radio with my Dad back in the 60s. The one-sided telephone conversations were hysterical.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
2024 has been a motherfucker, lost a lot of good ones. Newhart and Rickles together again. RIP.

• 1Like