Who do you think is the greatest actor?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Anthony Hopkins. Can't believe you fags haven't mentioned him yet.
I was going to post Sir Anthony, but was waiting for the Brendan Fraser posts to pour in first.

I personally think Leo is the best ever... but Johnny Depp's range is the best of the best too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
however you view his drama acting, no one has surpased his physical comedy since it was introduced by buster douglas and charlie chaplan
9865.gif
iu

or this guy?
Buster Keaton
iu

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
#1 Daniel Day Lewis
#2 Christian Bale

Not sure how I order the rest but wanted to throw a couple other names out:
- Nic Cage (my completely arbitrary pick but this guy has undergone a career rennaissance lately)
- Denzel

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
#1 Daniel Day Lewis
#2 Christian Bale

Not sure how I order the rest but wanted to throw a couple other names out:
- Nic Cage (my completely arbitrary pick but this guy has undergone a career rennaissance lately)
- Denzel

What do you think of Denzels son? Ie in Tenet?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
however you view his drama acting, no one has surpased his physical comedy since it was introduced by buster douglas and charlie chaplan
9865.gif
In the realm of taken from us too soon:

chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What made you change your mind on him?
when it came out he was linked to Epstein he moved to Greece and became a citizen. he's also involved with the red shoe/black eye thing which i have no idea what thats about. maybe thats all some weird larp, but a lot of it is too coincedental to be nothing. it knocked him down several ranks and now i cant watch him in anything anymore. Nicholson is just awesome in everything, he's never been a movie whore, he picks his movies and does what best suits him. somebody like Samuel Jackson just hears there is a paycheck for him and he shows up. When Nicholson dies, there wont be anyone to take his place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Kevin Spacey, despite being a young boy loving faggot, he is up there when it comes to acting.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Kevin Spacey, despite being a young boy loving faggot, he is up there when it comes to acting.

True, but isn't really just Kevin Spacey in everything he does? Like I don't see a big difference in him from K-pax to House of Cards.

But compare DDL from Gangs of New York to My Left Foot.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
True, but isn't really just Kevin Spacey in everything he does? Like I don't see a big difference in him from K-pax to House of Cards.

But compare DDL from Gangs of New York to My Left Foot.
Well I guess his role in Seven really cements why all his accusers ended up dead. He DOES play himself!

Keyser Soze is an iconic role as well. Duplicitous, manipulative sociopath.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In no specific order because they are good in different ways:
Gary Oldman, early career Depp, Leo, Al Pachino, and Brad Pitt. All very versatile actors who (at least some in earlier in their careers) really did multiple different kinds of roles. And they are all almost always the most memorable part of any film they are in. Of that group, Depp and Pachino checked out, but the rest are still pretty fucking good. Honorable mention to Benedict Cumberbatch, but he seems to be in check cashing mode since he became a father (understandable). Also honorable mention to Daniel Craig (compare him in Logan Lucky to his typical bond role for a good example of his range).

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
most here are saying ddl gangs of ny

but what about leo gangs of ny? it's been 20 years since i've seen that movie

where do ya'll really think leo started to shine? way back in catch me if you can or the departed shutter island?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Daniel Day-Lewis did call Adam Sandler to say he liked uncut gems and congratulated his performance.
Comedians can often make really good actors in serious roles for a variety of reasons. Recent examples would be Mike Meyers in Studio 54, Luis CK in American Hustle, Bill Burr in Mandalorian, and so on. Lots of good examples in older movies, too like Bill Murray in Where the Buffalo Roam, John Belushi in the Great Divide, Eddie Murphy in Dreamgirls, Robin Williams in the Fischer King, and Steve Martin in Pennies from Heaven/Grand Canyon. Whats rare is consistency in doing it and Adam Sandler has a history of bad dramas (Spanglesh, Funny People) and a ton of shit cash out movies.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
most here are saying ddl gangs of ny

but what about leo gangs of ny? it's been 20 years since i've seen that movie

where do ya'll really think leo started to shine? way back in catch me if you can or the departed shutter island?
Dude was amazing right out of the gate with What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Boys Life, and Basketball Diaries. There was never a time where he was not an amazing actor. Sort of like Pachino or Jack before they started phoning it in. Thats one thing about Oldman, Leo, and Pitt they never phone it in.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users