Poll Who here hates raiding?

Who here hates raiding?

• Yes I am sane and hate raiding, it is idiotic and boring and doesn't fly in >2000 gaming.

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • No I like raiding cuz I get to watch tv and eat cheezy puffs while a big bunch of ppl get me lewt

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • It made sense in 1999 but nowadays there should be a lot more to it, and I don't mean DDR.

Votes: 100 45.9%

• Total voters

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We need to Make MMORPG Great Again boys.

Jarek for MMO President.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing well-geared characters, but the idea that I've taken 2 brand new 110 characters in WoW and had them at 840+ ilvl in less than a day is just stupid. Where's the sense of accomplishment supposed to be?

No wonder people quit at the drop of a hat. No investment required. They can come back anytime and be kitted out within hours.

Edit: Poll that doesn't include a straight "no" is dumb. I enjoy raiding as long as the fights and the people I'm playing with aren't Teh Dumb, which means I avoid LFR like the plague that it is.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I always liked raiding, preferring contested mobs on a PVP server.. that is/was worth the extra effort. Just have to be diligent with setup and gathering so it doesn't take an hour to assemble.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think " raiding", which could means tons of different things, has a place but it's just not the norm anymore. For me what ultimately killed it, like I believe so many on this board, was that my life changed and I could no longer adhere to a schedule....or didn't want to if I physically could. Kind of like any casual activity that involves others, softball games on the weekend, book club discussions, beer and poker nights...whatever. You need everyone to attend, take it mostly seriously, and have fun. But just like these casual activities and the real thing the group ends up split.

You have some folks who want to be super elite world first never fall below 90% hp and the ones who just want to have fun. I have insane playtime in EQ, moderate in WoW, and then a sprinkle in about 10 other MMOs I've tried with FFXIV being the next in line. I just have zero desire to be part of the world first club anymore. None, but I do like seeing content, else why bother playing the game. WoW really opened my eyes to this, that everyone should be able to see or do the zone, but just make some achievement with an extra reward for beating the boss with all slugs up or whatever. The hardcores have a carrot and I get to play.

I think the common misconception is that you cannot have a good strategy or fight in small groups. It has some merit because 1/5 fucking up is statistically worse than 1/30 or whatever. But I thought FFXIV did an awesome job with making small group fights unique and challenging. I'd compare to modern day WoW but I have not played that in a long time. But in FFXIV you can outgear something and still lose because you fucked it up. Obviously uber players find it easy and the casuals sometimes hard, but overall it's not a terrible balance.

I do like the idea of FATE/RIFTs from their respective games. Where anyone can just join and participate without forming this elite strat raid team. I also liked WoW's 10 mans which were 2 groups sizes. That to me is big enough to add complexity but not so huge it becomes stupid to manage. FFXIV has this with some of their 8-10 mans, but then they also had the huge raids and those are just not as fun!

I think the major thing companies can do to make raids fun is eliminate prep time and make mistakes less costly(to a degree).

1.) what I mean by eliminate prep time is make buffs auras that anyone in group/raid gets, repairs are stupid, find a better money sink, and have less trash unless it is there because it's part of the encounter. 30 people killing a few goblins that are the same as 5 man goblins but stronger is stupid. They can also put lots of tools in game to monitor things like who loots, attendance, dkp or whatever system people use now, etc.

2.) I won't touch on the make mistakes less costly thing because it gets too complicated but 1 person fucking up should not make lose the encounter....maybe it just makes you lose that uber achievement of doing the encounter while wearing a penguin hat or whatever.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How many of you faggots who hate raiding love LFR? I bet the answer is 100%. Shameful!!

giphy.gif

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How many of you faggots who hate raiding love LFR? I bet the answer is 100%. Shameful!!

View attachment 110161

Well? And why is that? Its because you can join when you want at your time, not someone elses. Its the best of both worlds. You can join some LFR at 11:35PM when your old lady and kids are down for the snooze. Most WoW shit from what I remember was at 7:00PM sharp Sunday, Tueday, Thurdsday, or whatever days it was, lol, like any sane family man can join that shit without the wife holding out the pussy for a month afterward. That shit is for socially inept nerds and kids that breathe, eat and sleep WoW 24/7, not for regular people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Of course I do, but me having to tie all that time up in a game at 7PM, when its usually family type time is fucked bro. When I play games I put my time into them, 20-40 hours a week when hooked, its just not at those shitty times, when most of us are just home from work dealing with day to day shit, you know, like family?

I like to sit down at night, usually around 10PM-11PM so I can get about 3-4 hours of uninterrupted time.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yea, I don't think for most adults it's that they can't get away. It's that they feel bad coming home from work and then booking it to their office or whatever for 3 hours + while they raid while their gf/wife/kids are chilling somewhere else.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sit on the couch with the bitch and play candy crush while she watches the lifetime channel and pretend that somehow you guys are having quality time. Trying to make games shitty because I am too busy is 90% of the problem. Maybe the issue is you shouldn't be playing MMO's in the first place.

• 2Salty

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sit on the couch with the bitch and play candy crush while she watches the lifetime channel and pretend that somehow you guys are having quality time. Trying to make games shitty because I am too busy is 90% of the problem. Maybe the issue is you shouldn't be playing MMO's in the first place.

Wha?

What the fuck are you saying here bro? Should I explain to you what life entails for a family man? It does nto mean sitting on couch watching your butch wife play candy crush, bro.

You must be one of the anti social nerds or one of the hard ass "red pillers" that sets their bitch straight when shes out of line when you go play your WoW, right? ROFL

MMOS are clearly only for red pillers and no life nerds!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Aww touched a nerve did I? Well again dislike it all you want but a game shouldn't be made around your specific set of circumstances. Take your SJW games at every size bullshit somewhere else.

• 1Salty

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

On one hand; He plays 10pm for 3-4 hours and could just find a guild that raids then.

On the other hand; He has a point. At 7pm, just getting home, with a family its dinner+homework help+chit-chat.

And, 3rd Boob moment: I want small group content personally. IDGAF if its got the same time requirements as raiding--I don't want to deal with the egos of 25 cunts while I play games. I just want me+my group to do some shit. This is why mythic+ in WoW is win for me. Also, IDGAF if I match raider's gear. Just that I have SOME progression over lolboeblues...Or "bazaar uber" to use a term coined by my sister with her lolcasual Shaman in EQ.

I have a lot of design philosophies in the vein of MMOs that I don't think any hit 100% (I never played FFXIV to max tho)...Like, healers should have contributions outside of HPS--Some should contribute significant DPS, some should provide serious buffs or debuffs of varying types, etc...Support roles should fucking exist (hi bards) without making them useless pieces of bullshit.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hey I am not disagreeing with smaller size. At least in WoW I enjoyed the 10man raiding size much better than the larger ones. In EQ most of my time was spent grinding shit in groups of 6. We raided a fair bit but honestly most time was grinding back the XP lost during raiding and gaining aa's

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree im all about the group content. i just chose not to raid because I dont like that type of shit. I have not played wow since like 2008? WoW just did not have enough single group stuff aside some instances you could run. EQ at its core was a group game, with something like 80% of the content catered to single group shit. Raiding was just a side game and realistically only managed by a few of the most hardcore with batphones and shit. The others that raided were left scraps of shit 2-3 expansions old.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Good, now we all agree.

So lets play limp biscuit. I'll review the rules. We put a biscuit in the middle of the circle jerk, and the last one to jizz on it has to eat it.

GO

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not just find a late night raiding guild then? If that's what you want to do.

I'm confused.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Zerg raids were dumb back in the day. In the current instant gratification age, they are even more retarded. The reason most games go the zerg route is because its easier to do that for class balancing than, say, making a raid for 10-12 PCs and have it not require stacking optimized classes. My best EQ and early WoW experiences were doing things with a couple groups. It cuts down on the drama and eliminates the need to fill in the body count with whatever retard you can get to show up and hit an assist key or (more often) count to ten and press heal.

Yes us filthy casuals gave up on raids due to the ludicrous time and body count requirements that we no longer have time for, but the young ADD generation is not going to sit around for that shit anymore, either.